Class Idea - Warlock

Hello! I had this idea in head for some days, and I finally decided to tell others about it. New Class: Warlock!

Description
Veterans of the long forgotten Dark Casters Guild. Their minds are strong enough to manipulate time using the Magical Hourglasses and not go crazy. There’s a legend that Warlocks casted a spell on the three powerful Gods that sealed their souls forever in a sarcophagus.
How to Unlock
Level 20 as Sorcerer and Level 20 as Trickster
EDIT: I forgot that you need Level 20 Necromancer to unlock Sorcerer, So I changed Necromancer to Trickster
Stats
Initial Stats

• 100 Hit Points
  • 100 Magic Points
  • 13 Attack
  • 0 Defense
  • 11 Speed
  • 12 Dexterity
  • 10 Vitality
  • 13 Wisdom

Gain Per Level

• 20 to 25 Hit Points
  • 5 to 10 Magic Points
  • 1 to 2 Attack
  • 0 Defense
  • 1 to 2 Speed
  • 1 to 2 Dexterity
  • 1 to 2 Vitality
  • 1 to 2 Wisdom

Average at 20

• 530 Hit Points
  • 270 Magic Points
  • 40 Attack
  • 0 Defense
  • 38 Speed
  • 35 Dexterity
  • 35 Vitality
  • 45 Wisdom

Base Stat Cap

• 620 Hit Points
  • 325 Magic Points
  • 75 Attack
  • 25 Defense
  • 55 Speed
  • 60 Dexterity
  • 70 Vitality
  • 75 Wisdom

Equipment
Weapon: Wand
Ability: Hourglass
Armor: Robe
Accessory: Ring
Ability
Tiered Hourglasses give effect “Slow” in its radius.
T0:
Magical Hourglass

A Hourglass filled with Magical Sand
Radius: 3 Squares
Effect to Enemies: Slow for 2 Sec
MP Cost: 45
Cooldown: 3 Sec

T1:
Time Hourglass

Hourglass made with the Wood of Eternal Forest and Highlands Sand
Radius: 3.5 Squares
Effect to Enemies: Slow for 2.5 Sec
MP Cost: 50

T2:
Hourglass of Dry Desert

Hourglass imbound with the Sand Magic, made with the wood of Dry Tree.
Radius: 4 Squares
Effect to Enemies: Slow for 2.5 Sec
Damage: 55
Damage Radius: 4 Squares
MP Cost: 55

T3:
Ancient Hourglass

A very powerful Hourglass used by followers of the Ancient Cult who tried to summon their masters. Made with the wood of Ent Ancient.
Radius: 4.5 Squares
Effect to Enemies: Slow for 3 Sec
Damage: 70
Damage Radius: 4.5 Squares
MP Cost: 65

T4:
Hourglass of the Golem

Sand in this Magical Hourglass is not sand, it’s the Crushed Forest Golem.
Effect to Enemies: Slow for 4 Sec
Damage: 85
MP Cost: 80
Cooldown: 3.5 Sec

T5:
Hourglass of Brutality

This Hourglass has been used by Veterans of the Dark Caster Guild in wars to slow and then kill their foes.
Radius: 5 Squares
Damage: 110
Damage Radius: 5 Squares
MP Cost: 100

T6:
Hourglass of Dark Master

This cursed Hourglass was used by Leader of the Dark Casters guild. It holds thousands of Soldiers in it.
Radius: 5.5 Squares
Effect to Enemies: Slow for 4.5 Sec
Damage: 135
Damage Radius: 5.5 Squares
MP Cost: 115
Cooldown: 4 Sec

UT:
Hourglass of Heaviness

This Hourglass was meant to freeze time, but Dark Caster’s scientists created it from not strong enough wood, it exploded and wiped out the entire Dark Caster Guild.
Radius: 4 Squares
Effect to Enemies: Slow for 3.5 Sec, Daze for 3.5 Sec
Damage: 80
Damage Radius: 4 Squares
MP Cost: 145

UT:
Nature’s Gift

This Hourglass is not excatly a Hourglass, Environment shaped it and then a Wizard filled it with Magic.
Radius: 3 Squares
Damage: 100
Damage Radius 3.5
Effect on User: Speedy for 3 Sec
MP Cost: 125
Cooldown: 5.5 Sec
Demonic Warlock Set
(There’s no Transformation sprite, I tried to Create it but it just looks bad)
This set sacrifices Wisdom and Range for Big Damage.

ST Wand:
Wand of Demonic Powers

That’s what happens if you’ll Give Wand of Recompse to Archdemon.
Damage: 120-175
Projectile Speed: 13
Range: 6.8
Effect: Shots hit multiple targets
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 800
Drops from: Archdemon Malphas (White)
Projectile:

ST Hourglass:
Netherworld Hourglass

This Hourglass has the sand from the netherworld and was created from Demon’s Guts.
Effect to Enemy: Slow for 3.5 Sec, Bleed for 3 Sec
Damage: 165
MP Cost: 140
Cooldown: 4 Sec
Feed Power: 800
Drops from: Malphas Protector (Cyan)

ST Armor:
Robe of the Dare Devil

This Robe was one of the sacrifices to the Abyss Idol. You make it mad while wearing this.
Stat Bonuses: +5 ATT, +11 DEF, -4 WIS
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 775
Drops from: Abyss Idol (Cyan)
(Yes, it’s supposed to take away wis, it’s not a typo.)

ST Ring:
Ring of the Demonic God

This Ring was given to the Abyss Idol by the Archdemon. Most Precious Thing in the Abyss of Demons.
Stat Bonuses: +6 DEX, +3 ATT, +2 DEF, -4 WIS
Feed Power: 1000
Drops from: Abyss Idol (Cyan)
(Yes, it’s supposed to take away wis, it’s not a typo.)

When the Whole Set is worn, the wand’s minimum Damage is 130, Gives +25 HP and Projectiles are changed into this:
Thank you for reading this!
Im happy that you read this pretty long post. Let’s hope it’ll be added to the Game! (it won’t)
Well, that’s all, folks! (Keep in mind that’s my first post)

So, correct me if I’m wrong, but this class’ ability is… the esben skull w/o damage or healing? or the Orb of Sweet Demise without stasis?

It’s like a Priest Tome, but it gives Slow to enemies instead of Healing to Players.

so… more of seal of the enchanted forest?

Yes, kinda like that.

The speedy effect shouldn’t really be given as a party effect because it could be exploited for trolling.

No offense but could you change the sprite of the st abyss robe. Every other sprite looks more then decent but the robe looks ugly as f*ck. Again, nothing personal.

####Base Stat Changes

Buff max HP to 770

If you look at the chart below, you will see that 620 HP would be the lowest of any class. On top of this, it’s a robe class, so it’s squishy by default. You should probably up this.

Buff max MP to 385

Your MP is too low. Make it the same as the other robed classes. See chart below:

Nerf max SPD to 50

Every other robed class has 50 speed. I see no reason to deviate from this. See chart below:

Nerf max VIT to 40

There is no reason to have a high vit, because this is a ranged class and pets exist. Lower it to match most other robed classes.

Nerf max WIS to 60

There is no reason to have a high wis, because none of the actual abilities scale with wis and pets exist. Lower it to match most other robed classes.

####Ability Changes

• Add damage - As of now, you have no damage component in your kit for the ability. Basically, I have a slow and possibly a daze, and that’s it. For bosses that have slow invulnerability, you literally have a useless ability. On top of that, you made this a wand class. Wand classes already have low DPS. Their DPS will be basically negligible versus anything with slow resist.
  • Change the ability - With respect to the actual ability, pretty much everything in this game slows already. T0 trap slows, T0 quiver slows, fulmi slows. Why base an entire class around something that many classes already have at low tiers?
  • Sprite changes - Some of the sprites, particularly the UT ones, are pretty boring.
  • Get rid of ST set - There is no need to come up with an ST set just for the class. That should be its own separate idea, since sets take a lot of time and thought to make them cohesive.

I can change the Stats, some sprites but the Hourglass idea sounds good to me. I can add damage to it but now im focusing on making a dungeon idea, so I won’t change many things.

Well I was low on time while making the sprites, that robe was all i could come up with, maybe I’ll change it later.

the ability isnt really appealing, only slowing and no damage…also why is the warlock missing eyes lel. nevertheless, i can see the effort you put into this. :+1:

Well this was supposed to be a teamwork class, He’s missing eyes because hood, shadow etc.
Also ty

I agree with all that u said 0.o

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.