Class Spotlight: The Monk

INTRODUCTION:
Very good guys, Today I bring you a post about a concept of class in which I want to work in summer, but I need your opinion.
Today I bring you a class concept that calls my attention a lot, and why in the realm there is not a class with similar mechanics, today I bring you the MONk.

CONCEPT:
We always know that the monks, They are fighters of martial arts and melee, very spiritual and peaceful, With great physical abilities.
The class of the monk has a basic concept, a melee fighter of little range, but that has a strong DPS and mobility.
That when playing the character, you have to have concentration to be able to master it, and that’s where this class came from.

DESIGN:
I want the monk’s design to be something fluid, spiritual, I used a shaolin monk design for it.
Reflect that he is a fighter without the need to use a weapon to defeat enemies.
Tips?

SKILL
This is where I got very confused, Since I do not know what skill to give a monk, A character that has mastery of the skills.
Among the skills I had in mind, I went for the traditional concept, Here are some:

Fist/Punch/Kick: The monk dashes to the place where the pointer is located, inflicting damage to all the enemies that it pierces and breaking their armour.
The damage and armor break duration increases with the skill item tier.

Chi/Chakra: The monk concentrates its internal force, granting all nearby allies a shield that absorbs a certain amount of damage
Damage absorption and duration increases with skills item tier.

Wushu: The monk kicks/Punch/Palms nearby enemies, inflicting damage and pushing them back.
The damage and push range increases with the skill item tier.

Energy: The monk does not use mana, he uses energy.
The energy is given as it hits enemies.
After gathering enough energy, the monk releases a wave of energy that deals damage based on the accumulated energy.
The amount of energy cap and damage of the skill increases with the skill tier item.

GEAR:

For the equipment I still think, I know that everyone expects a new class that uses katana, but I would not see ANYTHING sense that a monk uses it.
had in mind thought that his skill item would act as his weapon at the same time.

Weapon: Skill Item (Weapon)
Skill: Skill Item
Armor: Robe
Accesory: Ring

Well guys, that’s all for now. This is just an idea that I plan to do.
This and the “Duelist” That then I will give explanations later about it.
I hope and you liked: D
Feel free to comment / Criticize / Give opinions.
Tell me if you would like me to finish it!
Bye! :smiley:

Diablo

i think Chakra would work best as an ability sprite. I mean, what is the sprite going to be for a fist? Are pirates going to drop t1 dismembered hands?

No, for the weapon sprite i had in mind something like knuckle or metalic claws <:
For the chakra or Chi i had in mind amulets, Or arm rings (Shaolin monks weapon) And each amulet have a mythological or historical representation.
For the wushu = Scrolls, Each scroll with better tier teaches the monk a different skill, or the same but stronger.
For the energy i’m still thinking. :sweat:

For ability i would say the Chi/Chakra would be the best.

Also, I assume he would use a katana, cuz implementing a new weapon type is probably not a good idea right now. Also what armor?

Also can we get stats? at least maxed stats i mean.

But the character sprite is great :smiley:

Wushi finger hold: deals large amount of damage (increasing by tier) over 2 tiles, removes negative effects over 10 tiles. (high mana cost)
But in all seriousness I think with any of these ideas wismod should be included, just because its a monk.

this monk looks better than the other monk skin that deca released.

and also i am aware of me bumping
SX258_BO1%2C204%2C203%2C200

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.