Colorful pets

I really loved the Idea of the Dye for clothing but what about pet dyes? Similar to Clothe dyes but a bit pricier (Fame or Gold for specific colors?) since it stays longer than character death!

Let’s just say you have a Phoenix Pet, but you don’t like the original colors and you want it to be green or blue!
Then you just walk into Clothing bazaar with the fame you got and buy the “Blue Pet dye” or “green Pet dye” and apply it in the Pet Yard, like a second skin?
It would definitely make the game a bit more Colorful

I dont know how many colors there are,but I believe it would be alot to do, since we got many Pets and thus many color options too.

Maybe making rare colors like rainbow or metallic or such with coins?

I actually really like this idea! I’m not sure how often I’d use it, personally (I do not represent the masses here), but it would certainly give dye removers much more of a purpose, because pets are far more permanent than your characters! Sounds like no small project to catch up on all those sprites and decide what the large and small cloth/dye removers are going to change, pixel by pixel… but yes, I wouldn’t mind this as an option in the game.

i think this makes pet skins a bit redundant, i mean if you have a pet you like you can make it into any colour that you’d like.

Great idea! …Until you consider there are 300+ pet skins you have to add dye masks for, AS WELL as choosing an aesthetically pleasing area to use the dyes on.

Yes. It would be a massive amount of work in terms of adding it to existing pets, as well as adding support for it throughout the engine. It would also be quite contentious as all of a sudden the pet you were proud of became much less interesting than another which could be easily recoloured for more options as to how it looked.

Another way which would be less work would be add support for pet tints and glows. Players have these – the red and purple glows as well as the flashing red when low on HP, the grey when stasised. Enemies have curse, stasis and rage effects.

But pets are much more limited, except for some abilities which briefly highlight them. So imagine if you could give your pet a glow, or a persistent tint. This would work with any pet, and not need new art. It could be added to the engine the same way as player + enemy effects.

How to enable? It could be something you buy. Or even automatic every time a pet ascends a level, or gets fused to a higher tier, with longer durations for higher levels/tiers.

Having auras would certainly be easier on the devs, and still remain cool.

I do understand this as a problem for implementing, it was just a fun thought.

yeah sadly!! (Well not sad, I like the many skins for pets.)

tons of very ol pets are just the same skin with a different colour so guess its not gonna happen

I was also thinking of something fun: what if the Tinkerer gave items that could be applied to a pet to give the pet a glow?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.