Coming Back to Realm

So I took a break about a year ago, and would like to go back into realm.
Saw some updates (big ones like exalt and o3) but haven’t read all of them.
Just wanted to know what changed, specifically if any gameplay changes and trading.
What happened to trading?
I see offers selling 1 life for 4 def and remember when people asked for double the def
Also wanted to check out prices of more expensive stuff like decas and things around that price

Edit: wanted to touch upon the major discord servers (like are the big lh runs still up?) and what classes are viable. is it still knight and wizzy mains and the rest are all ok? i heard of the priest rework

Inflation because of organized Lost Halls runs, mostly. Player transparency’s out, O3’s out, flash’s discontinued on the 23rd, MotMG and a lot of earlygame reworks are also out on 23rd, and other stuff, too.

edit (11-3-20): i have no idea why i out of all people chose to answer this question lmao, i’m the least qualified person on the entire website

Vital Combat

did some research and am still a bit confused.
so is it good since if ur out of combat ur regen is doubled? or is this wrong information

It depends. Some love it, some hate it.

Is non-testers will have to see. If you are IC, you have the vitality regen that you do in the game right now. If you are OoC, you have doubled the vit regen. But the trigger is currently 15 damage, so you need you get really good at dodging. Some of the reasonable controversy (besides the sidegrading of pet effectiveness) is that some of the dungeons aren’t well designed for this new system and will need heavy tweaking to accommodate.

Also realize that there are other arguments out there for alternative regen designs, and some people are getting further offended by DECA proceeding to implement IC/OoC. There’s a lot of work to be done regardless.

Also, as far as the economy goes, yeah, it’s pretty tanked. It’s very fragile especially now, because some of the buyers and sellers are getting extreme, like the 1:4 life for def offer. It’s not the true value right not, but I’m worried offers like that will become so.

Most stuff is still the same. Rogue is still the worst group class, mystic is still a bit of a mess.
Warrior and Paladin, however, are the hot new most broken characters, because Knight suffers from overbalancing against Stun.
Also, some people have started to realize how busted decoys can be, so trickster’s gotten a tad more popular.

Anyway MotMG’s coming september 23rd, and they made a cool and new trailer for it that is incomprehensibly better than the trailer for the game on Steam. For your own wellbeing, I do not advise watching that trailer, so I won’t link it.

thanks brothur

do these titties look like they say ‘male’ to you No prob .w./

Laughs

A lot has changed for people who haven’t been active (myself included). Due to O3 killing tons of characters, defense has gotten steeper–probably closer to 3-4 def per life. Also, glife seems like it has gone down since it now drops consistently from oryx sanctuary–but the drop in glife price is barely noticeable and generally its still the 1:3 life ratio for glife. Ultimately though, the changes in life and glife look like they’ve affected pixies, etherites, and DECAs. A few months back, someone would be lucky to sell a DECA for 6 glife, let alone 5. Now 6 glife is the fast price for DECAs to sell and I have seen people trying to sell them for as high as 7 or 8 glife. Etherites and pixies most likely have gone up due to this, but I haven’t seen enough people selling them to give you an idea of what they’re going for lately.

So I have done a ton of trading recently, def prices are screwed. So much so I buy 7 for a glife sometimes if I cant be bothered to farm sews.

Decas are no lower than 7GLife, people try to buy them for less but its silly. 7Gl + 1L is a good price to sell. Easy to buy for as well, 7GL is a little low and people don’t sell for that much a lot.

Pots are Life for 8 rainbows, Life for 4 def but there are more offers to buy than to sell.

For glife the ratio anywhere between 2:5 and 3:7 is probably gonna be reasonable. Dont buy 1:3 and don’t sell 1:2, anywhere in between is fine.

Tradable tops are not very consistent but GGen and GCoockie are both 3-6life.

Legacy STs are rarer so just use realmeye to check prices, USW3 is not any good for those recently.

Out of combat your pet is normal. In combat your pet has reduced benefits.

Don’t worry bro just save yourself the trouble of reading that garbage.

I personally wouldn’t come back to the game.

If you’ve been away from the game you won’t have the addiction that keeps you sucked in.

Barely anything has changed with the game.

And please be wary many people who post on the forums actually don’t play the game.

Go into the game. Look at the realms. Decide for yourself.

The most broken and destructive mechanic of the last few years of this game (pets), the dungeons that were here at it’s creation, the endgame goal of the game, and the vault itself will all be changed MAJORLY come Wednesday and it’s all gonna be good

hey, say what you will about pets but they single handedly saved the game with the revenue they brought in, Kabam was ready to kill the game. though they definitely coulda been balanced a tad bit better.

they saved the game because they were p2w

Conceptually pets were needed. In reality though they were too overpowered and too pay to win, but they did save the game by bringing in money, so

Now we have STory, so pets can be reasonably nerfed without destroying the income lol

that is correct, yes.
but imo now they’re not that big of a P2W thing, more than a few people have F2P divines