Community Flagging

gulps we’re screwed.[quote=“Shatter, post:18, topic:5653”]
Yeah… but it still makes shatter cry and break down when he sees a message from Mr eyeball :frowning:

My gut drops haha
[/quote]
Yea i get kinda scared everytime i see one of your posts flagged. I can’t imagine what this place would become if you weren’t regular :frowning:

ehm, nobody flagged you for saying you don’t like fame trains… just like @Shatter showed with all those screenshots.
PS Shatter you spelled flagged wrong… [quote=“Shatter, post:44, topic:5653”]
Edit: No way i’m going back to fix this but… Flagged*
[/quote]

oh that’s what you mean.

Nah just like a good debate and it worked,

As much as I know only spam and inappropiate flags matter for the regular status.

@Momoxoxo you can just invite people instead of notifying them

Imo we (as a fourm community) used to be more patient and forgiving and were more lax with the flags (like post hidden due to off topic were almost unseen). Now I think after all the toxic ppl here (not gonna say who to avoid arguments) most of us are tired of their shit and take a harder stand against all infractions of the fourm rules (especially off topic)

Though in the past there were instances of flags that were a bit weird ie. Xaklor being flagged for wishing to NOT be raped( not questioning the decision of the mods neither am I asking for it to be unflaged)

Speaking of “asking for it to be unflagged”

The mods here are notoriously open to discussion. If something happens that you genuinely disagree with and can articulate why, you can bring it up to us via pm. Be prepared to make a meaningful case, and please avoid being overly emotional.

Also, the discussion about reviewing flags by consensus is confusing policy setting (which generally does happen by consensus) and policy enforcement (which tends to happen in isolation).

interesting that you say that, b/c i remember asking a question to Doc, but then he replied like 3weeks later, when i totally forgot about what i was asking.

Interesting picture change.

The General Chat Thread

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

People issuing bad flags which the mods Disapprove will get counted against the person who flags it, that’s an important thing to remember from what Doc said above, so if people are giving bad flags, targeting particular people, they will get the consequences back on them.

I think some people are seeing Whine Cellar as equal to locking a thread, when they’re meant for different purposes.

move->WC (regular or moderator can do) should be for the real garbage threads that want to be shut away from the light of day. Just because someone disagrees with the discussion in a thread, doesn’t mean ->WC should be called.

->Lock (moderator only can do) is for threads that still have some value to be read, but the meaningful discussion has ended, or been derailed beyond saving, (or lock by OP’s request).

^my opinion on the difference anyway. It is a difficult judgement sometimes.

Indeed. I often got tired of asking people to question us and the things that we do back on the WSS forums. As I always said back then, if we don’t get questioned, then we have no reason to doubt our handling of things.

Point us to any thread if you think it has been moved inappropriately. I say this because the ability to move threads is one of the responsibilities awarded to the Regular status/rank. We can then take it up with that person directly and hopefully improve our guidelines for regulars and their powers.

… all rules that are solidly enforced will always look sort of like a dictatorship. Those who can’t govern themselves must be governed by someone else. To have any functioning society of any kind, some of us need to have more power than others.

Please post an idea for how to improve moderation. Just try it.

to me US doesnt seem like a dictatorship

I think it’s more appropriate to view the power structure of a forum through the lens of it as a corporation than through the lens of it as a government.

Totally agree king

Tell me honestly, right now, are all of the rules solidly enforced? xD

Yes, pretty much all with maybe a few minor exceptions.

“sort of like”

did you just flag yourself?

It’s the flags around the forums that the mods get notified about.

When is each wand useful? my post got flagged, and I have no idea why thou.

I don’t know if I offended anyone, or…?

It was because you went off topic :stuck_out_tongue: