Compass Idea!

A compass to reveal the whole map each time you enter a dungeon, now it’s not as easy as you think you first start off with an empty compass and got to fill it up with items called “Compass Pieces”

First of all you need to obtain the “Empty Compass” I feel if that it should be a soul bound item dropped from oryx 2 in the wine cellers so players need to earn it to have such a good item.

Second of all once you obtain the compass you can now go to dungeons to collect items called “Missing compass pieces” There will be one for every dungeon for the game to their respectable dungeon and boss, white bag of course to obtain.

Third once you get a compass piece you just add it to the empty compass and will have full map revealed for the pieces you got added until you die and lose the compass and all your pieces of course

Please add this, it can make a fix for really long dungeons like sewers so you don’t got to make it any smaller!

If you guys want to support me check me out I does films on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6IP71GAdo0

What you’re describing is a map.

If any thing one time use rare consumable. No need to over complicate.

Though either way it gets a thumbs down for me. I don’t even think it can be done.

I would use it in all the shatters

This would be a very overpowered item. It would allow you to teleport over the walls to the first boss in shatters, allow you to teleport over the mad lab 2nd boss wall, teleport over the heroic observer, teleport directly to oryx 2, and with a lucky generation, kill Thessal with a poison.

Don’t forget allowing players to instantly Prism/Plane to areas they haven’t seen yet in basically EVERY dungeon.

Moved to ideas>items

Seems like players with lots of time would just farm these pretty easily and bring them into dungeons like tombs or ots to quickly finish them out.

I suggest making them more easier to obtain yet single use or an amount of time like a loot drop potion

@LostAllDay

So this is a pretty bad idea if this dont get detailled/balanced or give up on idea wtf is that its so overpowered its just killing the game mechanics. [quote=“HerpDerryO, post:4, topic:11675”]
It would allow you to teleport over the walls to the first boss in shatters
[/quote]

Why? The Shatters is censed to be a challenge, not just a shit where u come and tp to first. Shatters were created for promote the RotMG cooperation, but with this item, just one player will go on 1st then kill the boss without letting any chances or fun to the other.[quote=“HerpDerryO, post:4, topic:11675”]
allow you to teleport over the mad lab 2nd boss wall,
[/quote]

The Horrific Creation is like a reward for clearing all teslas. If u could tp through the wall, it would lose much of its interess[quote=“HerpDerryO, post:4, topic:11675”]
teleport over the heroic observer
[/quote]

Heoric observer is boring, but another time, its for promote the cooperation in RotMG, even if some maxed classes can solo it

Oryx Castle>Oryx>Wine Cellar rushing>Oryx 2. It would lose pretty much of its interess if u could do Castle>Oryx>Oryx 2, even if it would be a real time win to other people

No; just tp to it, rushers are faster than a maxed assa with divine pet and murky

So the idea is cool, but it would kill pretty much of the game mechanics. There is no sprite/no legend. U dont say if its a consumable/a ring. There’s a lost of missing infos. Overall I’d give a 4/10 that can become a 6/10 if u work on it more and maybe more if u add details to balance it

##No.

I think there’s been a misunderstanding, HerpDerryO and I are against the idea of a Compass, my post was telling HerpDerry that this item would also allow “players to instantly Prism/Plane to areas they haven’t seen yet in basically EVERY dungeon”.

oh ok. But I “@” the creator then quote all the problems and put a description

Even if it were possible, which it isn’t, it would be game breaking and hackers would abuse it to make a “hacked” version which gives 100% of every map visible on every map and dungeon.

Wha…? Where did you get that idea? I don’t think the OP ever mentioned teleporting.

But as for the actual idea… I think it just depends on the player’s ability to rush the dungeon.

Now obviously, it would be useless in any dungeon with a procedural or single pathway layout. Shatters, T-Caves, Crawling Depths, any mini-dungeon, etc. And it would pretty pointless in Ice Caves.

But as for Snakes, Sprites, Abysses, Deadwaters, Tombs, Trenches, i.e. anything that people usually rush, it would just be a way for that person to get to boss even faster than before. It would take away the exploration element. There would be no dead-ends. (Which kind of is one of the most viable stalwarts to rushing as it is.) So take from that what you will.

I tend to agree with Shatter though:

The reason that this item would allow players to teleport is because Planewalker and Prisms only don’t work when you can’t see the tile (it’s a black tile) but if you could, you could instantly warp to them.

Ohhhh… That went over my head somehow. Thank you for clarifying.

Sorry @HerpDerryO.

No problem, it took me a minute to realize as well.

Generating the whole map with the compass would mean there are no black tiles; you basically uncovered to whole dungeon already, making you able to see the next room on screen, not just the minimap. It would enable you to teleport over every single dungeon wall, even if you haven’t “seen” it already.

Edit:
@ZeTimo
No? What do you mean “NO”

I feel you.

Sounds like a good idea. That way you wouldn’t have to search every single room to find a troom which is just a waste of time if you don’t end up finding one. And you can also use it to find the correct path way to a boss. Would this item have multiple uses or does it break after using it once?

Hope you’re back on an alt for actual posting this time and not random trolling @StarliAA

E: my phone is being a douche :confused: shatt

E2 : well shit that was fast.

click the name