Court of Oryx Revamp[After Janus]

I felt like the current court is very lacking and outdated, so with my fantastic art skills I decided to make what I think the new court would look like.

Features

• Craig would be the same, but instead of spawning the portals, he would open the pathways to the court mini dungeons.

• Seasonal dungeons like the ice tomb would not open until the seasonal event is active.

• He would also open the way to Oryx’s Chamber (South), in case there isn’t enough people.

• More dungeons can be added via the left pathway, such as a portal to the 2nd level of the court, giving you access to more dungeons.

• A portal of cowardice, because why not.

The main point of this is mainly scenery and a bit of quality of life changes to make the court look more polished, useful and able to handle more dungeons in the future.

Edit 3/27/19: Thanks for the Title edit :smiley:

the seasonal bit should probably open in line with the oryx chamber (north) but nice idea!

I’m all for a bit of thematic flair, but this seems like it would just create more inefficiency. It’s the same problem the infamous X vault had, there’s no reason to add so much distance when having the portals right next to each other works perfectly fine.

Isn’t this doing the opposite, though? Two more dungeons and there will be no room left to expand, unlike the current compact map, which could just be elongated by a few extra tiles to sustain as many portals as it will ever need.

maybe instead of the 3x3 tile things the portals spawn on, there could be tiles from the dungeon? so the reef would appear on blue tiles with some coral surrounding it, the thicket on a small pad of grass, encore onto a small checkerboard etc?

This
|
v

And I know it would put more space between each dungeon, but I think the time to reach each portal would be negligible (probably around 2-4 seconds).

As for the thematic stuff, the mini dungeons don’t feel like a part of the current court itself, which never sat well with me since it just looks unfinished.

ₐₗₛₒ Wₕₐₜ ₐBₒᵤₜ ₜₕₑ ₗₒᵣₑ

But I do agree with @ArexRew’s suggestion of replacing the 3x3 tiles the portals are on with their respective tiles, if this proves to be too complex in the future. (especially the court levels part)

Looks like a nice idea to improve the court’s aesthetic aspects. But what Toastrz has mentioned is right: The current court already has portals that are close to each other for convenience. Separating them much further makes things more inconvenient. I do like the 3x3 idea though, does give the dungeons a nice touch.

Another issue is the Oryx Chamber. At first glance this seems to be a neat idea if people change their mind about the mini dungeons, but I’m not sure if it’s possible for the Oryx Chamber portal in the Court of Oryx to connect to the same Oryx Chamber instance in the Stone Guardians’ room. If it doesn’t, that would mean there are 2 instances of Oryx’s Chamber in one realm. Whether or not that would cause imbalance or not, I’m unsure, but it’s something to think about before considering putting an Oryx Chamber Portal into the court.

I actually hadn’t thought of that

oof

It might be possible to connect the court oryx chamber to the stone guardian one, but with how realm is set up idk how it would work without creating more messy code.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.