Crashing is not even a thing

Want your private dungeon? Open in your ugly vault. Want a guild dungeon? Open in the guild hall. Everything else is public and considered fair game, you entitled [people].

Fight me. 8)

[It’d be a shame to mod this entire topic solely over a single inopportune word choice. OB]

Right…

But just because I can crash things doesn’t mean I should.

I don’t know why people play a game that others play to have fun, just to try and ruin their fun and mess with their (probably already fucked up day) just to try and feel like they have control. It’s mad fucked even though, yes, it’s a game, but I’ve met a lot of people that play to escape people like that in real life. Why bring it to them? It’s relentless for some people.

Is it really too much to leave people who obviously dont want the company of those who arent invited and paid real money for a key alone?

yep. especially if you’re an edgy white star

Personally I wouldn’t join other kids paid “private” dungeons, but I’m not so crazy that I demand other people to leave my publicly opened. :man_shrugging:

What about dungeons over a discord server

What about them? Fuck em. Everything with this and dungeons that are only done with discord groups is what’s wrong with this game. I mean, besides the stupid pets.

• Simplicity
  • Co-op play, or “the more the merrier”
  • Don’t separate people
  • Jump right in and play

https://web.archive.org/web/20130502033340/https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/1087
Sure, sure. Things have changed. But latest developments in realm are literally shitting on the original design foundations. Yeah, I’m looking at you, lost halls, you fucking piece of shit.

8|

You’re the type of guy to justify hacking because it “doesn’t affect your gameplay”

“the more the merrier” sometimes turns into “the more the deadier.”

Crashers negatively impact the chances of other players to get certain drops in the best circumstances, and in the worst, they end up destroying the entire run through dragging or otherwise griefing others. This (last I checked) isn’t co-op play.

Yes, I love jumping into a dungeon and immediately having to scan to see if someone’s dragging on me. That’s my favorite way to play!

Calling events to your friends and guildmates is a textbook case of co-op gameplay. Relying on a bot service or large discord server for the same leans towards an exploit, even though they’re using the same game mechanics.

There is a difference between casually realming and using a notifier.

Similarly, there is a difference between finding a random dungeon in a public space and going out of your way to track people and harass them. I think it would be a good idea for those people who abhor the latter to remember the former, and vice versa. It seems that you are talking about two different concepts when you use the term ‘crashing.’

before people (undoubtedly) get heated, just remember obvious bait is obvious. don’t turn this into a pxartist thread

Low effort bait

Now I’ll never say I’d support crashing.

However, if the crashers aren’t screwing the people doing the dungeons over, I don’t really bother.

And this is where I say the crashers who grief the dungeons ruin the game for those who don’t. Runners like SBC have to try to exclude ALL crashers to stop the incompetent ones or the ones who grief. Not to mention that crashers that do void runs every time are leeching off the backs of the few who do cults voluntarily for SBC.

I mean if you want to see what a group of incompetent players doing lhs looks like, just look at pub halls.

Where 100 players is considered low and 10 priests is too little.
Of course they can still get through dungeons, but private discords do it with more efficiency, less lag, and ultimately less trolls.

And don’t take this lengthy response as a catch on the bait, i was just bored :slight_smile:

u big gay 8)

What’s wrong with private discords? This aint communism (and yes, I know that isn’t how communism works. But it’s the same concept).

People who are more experienced will join these discords, which will make the discords prosper.
It’s the same concept behind guilds.

Translation: we’re too lazy to implement basic MMO features such as making your own party and raids, so we’ll let our community do our job for us.

Rotmg LH discords aren’t antithetical to communism, just like how a reading group isn’t or sports groups aren’t. I do get where Rubell is coming from, that simplicity of hopping into a realm and being along for the ride was one of the games greatest strengths. More and more the focus is being pulled away to hosting groups away from the realm.

I recommend everyone to read the statements of Rob and try their opinions against the design foundations, maybe all the strange ideas about the game would vanish by themselves…? :innocent:

The game Rob and Alex wanted died long ago.