Crashing is not even a thing

Erm…
Hasn’t the game only allowed people in if they were present when the key was opened since 2016?

The 30-second timer on entering a new portal upon entering a bazaar is a recent addition to the game. Can’t remember the exact date but it was definitely a Deca thing.

Yes, December 2016 wasn’t it?
They did a thing at first when you had to be within X tiles of a portal, but that didn’t really work for some reason I forget.

Edit:
It was in June 2017: The Bazaar Notifiers Have Been Brought to a Swift End- Crosspost
Dec 2016 was the “within X tiles” to fix a cheat that avoided the server swap teleport cooldown, and this only remained a short while because they found a better fix.

Deca has already been around for 2+ years? Well gee thanks, now I feel even older than before.

That’s just an excuse… Like do we have to continue downhill? :roll_eyes:

Just wondering, who’s that?

See: Current state of the game

I guess. I usually find at least one other competent player to duo with me though :slight_smile:

although for some reason they always don’t drag the flames out at Titan and end up nexusing/dying.

Crashers only suck when they try ruin the run e.g. Run straight through middle in shatters or drag onto people in LHs.

Fairly sure it was Summer 2017

People tried to call portals in godlands, only to find that no one else could go in. It made playing with other people a bit of a challenge.

this is why you don’t argue with alwaysrightrubell, and as I said, doesn’t matter.

Thats what im saying…
I was saying that everyone being allowed in a reading/sports group is stupid.

Thats why discords exist.

The point of RotMG was to make a MMO game that’s radically different from all other MMO games (hence the very fast leveling, no separation between players, etc…).

But if you implement content in RotMG that requires large organized groups, then you get a typical MMORPG except without all the features it would normally have (making your own party, starting a private raid for your group, having a specific chat for your group, …).

There’s nothing wrong with using any kind of voice chat to talk to your friends while playing, but when Deca makes content that requires this degree of coordination and separation from the rest of the community, that just turns RotMG from an original game into a shittier version of pre-existing ones.

You’re right, it was announced not in a patch notes, which made it tougher to find: The Bazaar Notifiers Have Been Brought to a Swift End- Crosspost (June 2017)
Thanks, I’ve edited my post, & @RMGnoob gets 6 months of time back.

hahayes

I, along with most people, would argue that the game hasn’t been going downhill. Wildshadow (although I wasn’t around back then) seems much more inefficient and less responsive to the community than Deca. Deca is banging out updates and bug patches twice a month, along with all of the content they added in just a 2 (?) year time span. Deca has also listened to the community when fixing bugs, dungeons, characters, etc. and that isn’t even mentioning all of the community-idea-based dungeons we’ve had. I’m not a 100% Deca supporter, of course. But Deca has been a major upgrade over Kabam and I think most people have been overlooking that.

Rant
The recent complaints against Deca have been summed up in two words: Cash grab. Event chests, misery boxes, the whole shazam. But was Deca the one that added pets? Pets were probably the most blatant cash grab in the history of the game, and it broke the system Wildshadow was trying to create. Kabam’s ideas were basically, “Oh, let’s create some insta-kill/impossible-for-melee dungeons! That will fix pets!” Pets have become too ingrained to fix. There would be an uproar if Deca nerfed/fixed pets. Deca has been trying to create balanced dungeons. Be thankful that we got a Christmas event this year. Even if Deca hasn’t been the best, they’ve been a damn good improvement over the almost-no-community-interaction cash-grabbing hellhole that was Kabam. As @Mynamerr said,

It’s true. The game is completely different. Stop trying to hold it to the standards that don’t exist anymore. Those died with Kabam. Chest events don’t define the Deca era, the new content we’ve been provided with should.

/ontopic
This guy is an obvious troll, but I would like to add some points. I agree with Candy that when the crashers aren’t griefing (which is against the ToS), they are perfectly fine to stay there. However, I also think that people are allowed to get upset when the keys that they paid for and the experience that they paid for doesn’t get upheld because two douchebag humans decided to be cunts. Ignore this guy if you think you are going to get actual points and arguments, and as far as I’m concerned, this thread should be closed if the owner doesn’t want to have an actual conversation. If someone wanted to create a thread with points other than “It’s a feature of the game!!111! Co-op!11!1 You guys are just entitled!1!1”, be my guest.

I wasn’t saying it wouldn’t be, I was saying that even in communism you have groups with membership, then went on to talk about the part of Rubells POV I share. I don’t think people should crash dungeons and grief people.

Says the entitled dickweed.

Let’s not.