Create Sprites for an Upcoming Project - Anyone Interested?

I’ve been developing a RotMG server for quite a while now, the lesser part of 8 months, since it’s been so on/off on development.

The name of the project is […], aiming for a recreation of Realm.

[…]

Continuing the discussion from Forum Rules & Guidelines:

not sure if this is allowed on here, even on off-topic

Okay, here’s the thing: what is a private server? I define it as a program developed to mimic the official game server so that a modified versions of the official client can be used to play alternative, unauthorized copies of the game.

I’m totally fine with games that are inspired by RotMG and even copy many of the mechanics. I think RotMG is great and would love to see lots of different games take different takes on the concept. This is a great example.

Where I disagree is when the official game code is copied wholesale, ie hacked clients. It’s lazy, unoriginal, and tantamount to theft. It also pulls players dissatisfied with the official game away. I get that there’s a lot in the game people have grown to dislike over the years, and Kabam’s prior neglect encouraged people to seek their own modifications. However, I think the majority of us want to see RotMG continue and improve, and that simply can’t happen if players splinter off into playing various copies of varying quality, depriving the official game of revenue and a vibrant community.

As the project referenced in this topic appears to fit this definition it falls under the rule mentioned earlier and will be closed.