Cross of Holy Guidance (Revamped)

THIS IS A REVAMP OF A ITEM I HAVE MADE AROUND A YEAR AGO. ORIGINAL POST: Cross Of Holy Guidance

Name: Cross of Holy Guidance
Description: A staff so strange and mysterious that Oryx himself could not control the power tapped within it.
Tier: UT
Shots: 3
Damage: 70-85
Range: 8.55, True Range is 4.07
Arc Gap: 7
Rate of Fire: 85%
Amplitude: .5
Frequency: 3
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 600
Drops From: Sarcophagus

DPS GRAPH:(Black=Cross)

Cross’s Shot Pattern

May seem a bit overpowered, but it’s quite difficult to aim with, and you have to get pretty close to always land all 3 shots.

Give me your thoughts below :3

I dont really like how that one shot in the middle always goes back and forth its just my OCD

The only things I dislike about this idea are the sprite, the name, and the drop location. I don’t think the tomb needs any more reasons for players to do them and it’s not common for a white to drop from a non-boss enemy. That said, it’s balanced and useful and probably even something this game needs. Every weapon type has a ut that can be used as much or even more than the tiered, except the staff. There really isn’t much of a reason to carry around a ut staff except to show it off or for one of the very few moments it’s useful.

If you could make a name and sprite that doesn’t associate this item with the tomb then I would have no complaints about it and actually see it as an idea that would only benefit the game.

Interesting, interesting. The idea for the shot pattern isn’t quite as unique (I mean, honestly, it’s…pretty easily made…), but that aside, it looks fairly balanced.
As for the sprite…vhat ghe fhack, as our dear Glorious Russian Friends would say. It’s just…not…really…graspable…

The Fame Bonus/Drop Location payoff is maybe a bit too high, and, as mentioned by @Etahn, its name doesn’t really fit with the drop location, nor with the description.
Looking closer at the name once more…I recognize something…
Hmmm, I wonder what it could be???
In all seriousness, tl;dr is the following:

• The stats are interesting and fairly balanced
  • Sprite is unclear/messy
  • Description doesn’t quite fit name
  • Name doesn’t quite fit drop location

…That said, here’s a description I thought off that came up to me when looking at the name - which, really, is all I can clamp onto.
Guiding the lost and hope-ridden, this staff creates a bizzare energy unseen by even the most experienced mages.
Alternatively,
A staff wielded by mages in hopes for a brighter future. Its origin and method of creation remain unknown to this day.
Or, even alternativelier,
“To guide those who are lost, to empower those who have no hope; to rain destruction upon those who dare to strike back.” Inscription, in a forbidden dialect.

What do you not like about the sprite? I just want to know so I can tweak it a little bit if it looks kinda bad(I thought I did a good job :3)

Aight, Ill revamp it a bit more in the future :3

I’m not a big fan of sprites that leave 1 x 1 gaps in them and it really doesn’t look like a wand, but my main complaint is that it looks like it belongs in the tomb which is what I mainly wanted changed about the item.

Uhh its a staff lol

My bad. My previous post would obviously prove that I knew it was a staff so you could assume I meant to put staff instead of wand. And it really doesn’t resemble either.

The new st staff is pretty much the same as what you made here. You should remake it on the dps calculator and see for yourself.

Yeah, I think deca ripped me off :slight_smile: Jk, new staff is pretty dope

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.