Crystal Prism

Crystal Prism

The result of perfect total internal reflection, this prism stores huge amounts of light. When released correctly allows the user to incapacitate any enemy.

Summary: No Decoy, Stuns/dazes at tp location for 2 secs. The range of the stun/daze is tiny (radius 2). Idea is a high risk high reward where with tight timing and game knowledge you can stun/daze certain bosses(think O2), and anything less may easily end up in death.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 80
  • Effect: Teleport to cursor, Stun for 2 seconds in a radius of 1.6 at the teleport location. Daze for 2 seconds in a radius of 2 at the teleport location.
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 500

Drops From:

- Mysterious Crystal

More info

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Edit 18/1/2018: Nerf to stun range 2 ->1.6.
Edit 20/1/2018: Item description changed.

Why would you need Stun and Daze as status effects?
Rest of the item is good. Seems gimmicky, as it should be.

Stun and daze is so that bosses immune to stun will still be affected by the prism.

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/void-entity
38 PM

I mean, the final boss of the game has to have SOME redeeming qualities. Otherwise, it just turns into another Oryx fight: difficult until that one guy with that one ability walks in.

But just imagine trying to use this prism on the Void Entity: whether or not the daze/stun worked, you’d kinda be screwed.

No… Daze aoe will never be implemented. There is currently one item in the game which gives daze. This item also has a 110 mp cost and has a 6.5 second cooldown

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

That item also has a range of 15, is on a class with pretty decent range, doesn’t teleport them right next to the enemy, and in general is a lot less risky.

Okay, upon teleporting next to the target, the target basically can’t do shit.

At the same time, you can take O2 in example. You still have a ton of these little minions poking away at you, and since not every minion is in that small radius, you can still get damage, and on Trickster, a somewhat squishy class, that’s kinda dangerous. The stun is only 2 seconds anyways

2 is not small. Upon teleporting, you will disable everything in that area if you have any accuracy at all. Max def, minions are ignorable. 80 mp cost = infini stun the entire group

I suggest remove daze and add a three second cooldown

wait I’m I actually able to spam this

80 mana is a lot. Let’s use a standard maxed legendary Magic Helal, since with a divine pet, you’ll abuse everything anyways. So if my pet restores 33 mana every 1.5 ish seconds, I have around 0.5 seconds to heal up 50 mana. Of course you can use MP pots, but you’ll run out eventually, and that 2 second stun is alright. O2 has this really cancerous thing called HP scaling, so it not like he’s gonna get instapopped in two seconds, so that sustainability thing is gonna run out soon

Actually, the second O2 is stunned, every knight in the room will rush in. It may not be too op if you are soloing but as a general prism, it is way to op

Don’t you think that relying on a knight to survive is a bit too risky? Say the knight doesn’t follow up, now what. Of course you could teleport out, but since I’m bad at reaction time, I’ll probably get shotgunned before I can notice the knights not going in and Oryx’s stun wearing off

Have you ever ran O2… Also, most people have decent reaction time. Plus, it’s not about how it will work on you, it’s how it will work for most people.

^(0_0)/^ knights never stun for me as a melee. I’d like to consider myself as a average player, and average player consists of a large majority of the community.

I don’t think you’re a average player. I’m a shitty player and I can tp in and tp out using trickster, without stun on my prism. ALso, the reason kngihts don’t stun is they can’t get close enough. If they could get close enough, they would stun.

I can almost guarantee that knights will be ready to pounce in any decent-sized group; it’s just a matter of finding an opening. Even if the window is a mere 2 seconds, a knight can run in and the indefinite chainstun will commence.

I’m kidding :laughing: but yeah.

While this is so, it’s not guaranteed that it’ll be the only item to have it. While stunning and dazing seems a bit imbalanced, and there should be a way to control one or the other, it’s not impossible and could be a viable item given some more thought, drop rate planning and such.

I think you’re thinking too pessimistically about the item; why not give some suggestions for a double-edge effect or more balance rather than cuss the creator out?

To give some closing thought on my end, while the crystalline concept is oh-so-nice and I like the idea, it is important to consider that the other white bags from the Crystal Prisoner are weapons, common ones at that, specifically designed to have a lower DPS rate but a niche. On top of this, Stun is an ability exclusive to the tiered abilities of another class (Knight) and it may be important to consider this, along with the power of Daze in radius.

The description

not only is very close to that of the Diamond Bladed Katana but its description was meant to make clear the relationship between girls and diamonds, not just crystalline minerals in general (that was a nerd derp sorry.)

Anyway, I hope you’ll take these thoughts to mind! Happy creating!

More feed power and up the mp cost and add like 5 def