Crystal Prisoner HP Scaling

IMHO, HP scaling on the Crystal Prisoner is busted. Crystal Prisoner should not be able to just demolish anyone in the realm.

I’m fairly certain over 50 people were fighting this Crystal, and there was a death every thirty seconds, as well as several maxed deaths. While I do think that the current state of Crystal on prod is way too weak, this version of Crystal on testing is way too strong.

Thoughts?

Without our pets, everything is harder. People can’t go as deep for as long as they are used to, and dodging simply isn’t a skill set that anyone has anymore (myself included). This is being shown in the Crystal fight, where people are realizing that the boss that used to die in half a second can now put up quite the fight, and is an actual threat to them, one which they don’t know how to handle. This, combined with the weirdness of the maxing apples we are given (high boosts to all stats but hp and mp) are likely to blame for this, with people not understanding their own capabilities, or lack thereof.

If the prisoner is released on prod with hp scaling, the results will be much different. People will be able to tank again, and he can (probably) just be chainstunned to death. It will simply become a longer version of the past fight, with very little additional difficulty.

How many of those deaths were people used to being wizards or knights
but now they’re tricksters and when they pressed space, they found themselves sitting on top of it

While I agree that his degree of HP scaling is a bit excessive right now, I don’t think it needs to be toned down very drastically. As others have pointed out, this is coming from a largely petless crowd and many people are weak or unmaxed.

Furthermore, is it such a bad thing that this encounter is putting up an actual fight? By it’s own nature, the Crystal gathers a lot of people to its fight, so it should be capable of battling a large crowd and punishing those who fail to act. It’s a moderately rare realm encounter that drops a relatively dangerous dungeon, he shouldn’t be a slouch who is completely non-threatening to maxed characters.

Perhaps this isn’t a popular opinion, but I stand by the position that the community as a whole (myself included) have become so accustomed to just about every boss going down in seconds that it’s jarring to see anything pose an actual threat to any degree. If anything, HP scaling is bringing these fights back to what they were meant to be like.

No, like, you literally cannot kill it. It’s impossible to kill, it’s just a bug.

I think its good that he isent being rolled over like he is a fence going against an entire panzer division

I agree completely. This is like when Oryx received his HP scaling and started slaughtering people, not because he’s overpowered but because for several years people’s only experience with the fight was to see the first phase and the last phase. They didn’t know how to deal with the actual fight, so they died. Now people are pretty good at doing him deathless in groups.

In short OP, git gud or die trying.

But I have a big question
If people tp to the prisoner while it’s cracked, does the crystal gain hp? If people nexus does it lose hp?

It might become a very exploitable boss for trolls if they can keep it alive permanently.

I’ve seen a lot of people confused about this, so let me try to clear it up. In answer to your first question, no, because location has nothing to do with HP scaling. It reads the entire map for players, so teleporting or moving away will have no effect on it.

For your second question, no enemy ever truly gains or loses HP when they adjust for an altered player account (which most entities check for once every 30 seconds, but that can vary). Instead, it adjusts proportionally. To make this easier, think of the HP value as a fraction rather than an integer and use simple numbers as an example. If a scaled enemy has a base HP of 1000 and a max HP of 2000 and then a shift in the player count causes it to reduce to a base HP of 100 and a max HP of 200 (obviously an extreme change, but this is for the sake of example) the HP value is still proportionally the same. Yes, he “lost” HP, but it didn’t actually inflict damage on the enemy.

Unless there was more than the HP buff… why are you guys dying!?

really length of time should be the only complaint here, crystal prisoner is not hard!.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.