Crystal Spellblade [Warrior UT Set]

Enchanted Mageblade

New%20Piskel%20(34) EN4JLgi

A preeminent claymore made from celestial materials and enchanted by master warlocks. It is believed to have fallen from the aura of a star to fulfill an ancient prophecy.

Tier: UT

Shots: 3 (arc gap: 3°)

Damage: 55-70 (average: 62.5 / total: 187.5)

Range: 4 tiles

Rate of Fire: 150%

Speed to Lifetime: 100 to 400

Amplitude to Frequency: 1 to 1

Special: Ignores Obstacles, Shots Hit Multiple Targets

Stat Bonus: +3 SPD

Fame Bonus: 6%

Feed Power: 800

DPS Graph

This Sword sacrifices a significant amount of DPS in exchange for a 4-tile range and the ability to Pierce Enemies (NOT IGNORE DEF) and Ignore Obstacles.

Lost Crystal Helm

New%20Piskel%20(37)

An ancient artifact created from unbreakable crystal long ago. The healing power and aura of strength that comes from this magnificent item glows and pulses through the veins of the user.

MP Cost: 90

Effect: Armor Piercing to self (4 sec)

Party Effect: +80 Max HP within 4 tiles (4 sec)

Cooldown: 4 sec

Stat Bonuses: +7 DEF

Fame Bonus: 6%

Feed Power: 800

A unique ability that allows the user to temporarily ignore the enemies’ DEF. It goes extremely well with the Enchanted Mageblade, which has an extreme DPS for 0 DEF.

Vitreous Cataphract

crystalarmor

A crystallized plate that holds the lost memories of countless heroic souls and uses them to hold everything together. Those unfortunate enough to be devoured by this abnormal armor were eternally forgotten.

Stat Bonuses: +27 DEF, +6 SPD, -60 HP

Fame Bonus: 5%

Feed Power: 700

A good armor choice for those who need the extra DEF and SPD (both great for rushing). The -50 HP has some setback, though.

Soul Keeper Charm

New%20Piskel%20(36)

Those that use this item change into a strange state that hungers for forgotten souls. Its power-lust energy aids the user with inordinate strength, but hurts the mind and body, forcing submission.

Stat Bonuses: +8 ATT, +8 DEX, -40 HP, -8 WIS

Fame Bonus: 5%

Feed Power: 600

A DPS ring that sacrifices a sum of HP and WIS for a colossal boost in DPS. This ring may be better for the use of the Knights that have plenty of HP.

Sprites sorta suck, so feel free to give me feedback on that as well as on balancing. Thanks for reading!

Taking a break from my cell phys lab journal so might as well look at this.

First off, sprites all look nice. Personally, I think the ring could be a bit better but beautiful overall.

Now stats.

Don’t really like ring. If you want to make it working, make it remove either spd or def because vit/wis mean absolutely nothing in the realm of pets making the ring just overall extremely powerful.

Interesting armor. However, as noted wis means nothing. I like it. Sort of like a milder zaarvox’s heart.

The helm is garbo since the second ability is useless. As noted before, no one cares about vit so this helm is equivalent to armor breaking for yourself only. Just kinda useless.

Speed for sword is too high assuming you mean 100 by 100 tiles/second. Otherwise, too lazy to analyze because that’s probably what everyone else will focus on anyway

I think you misunderstood. The Armor Piercing allows you to ignore enemy DEF.

I just copied the DPS Calculator through the Weapon Preview. It looked pretty right when I tested it.

?? What. Armor piercing = monsters armor broken but only for yourself.

Ring is lodestone 2.0

basically using the helm temporarily gives your sword the property of a cwand.

yeah I get it… so it sucks

Sword is super overpowered.

150% firerate is way too much, it outdamages every sword by far at 0 def even if the true range is like 1–it’s still doing a whole lot better than dblade.

Helm is a good idea, though vit is kind of useless and 20 vit isn’t really enough to be worthwhile. Maybe add an offensive stat instead?

Armor seems ok, wis is useless(especially on warrior) but replacing the wis with an actual decent stat will make the armor OP-just remove it?

Ring is unusable. Compare it to crown(110 hp, 6 dex, 6 att). Crown gets 110 hp and 6 def more in exchange for 2 att and 1 dex–the ring needs a severe buff(or rework).

Where would this drop from?
Good sprites, good idea.

The helm sprite is very very nice
but the rings stats make it a worse version of the new oryx armor

I myself am probably not really certified to analyze items anyways, but just to make a few corrections:
First, the numbers you input into speed and lifetime are numbers the code in-game uses (that’s what I’m assuming at least), but in reality, 100 projectile speed in code would just be 10 to us, and 400 lifetime in code would be 4 seconds. Looking at the 3° arc gap, amplitude and frequency, the shot pattern doesn’t seem like it’d do much to force the player to move specifically to land all the shots. This still seems like a pretty overpowered sword, beating Demon Blade and Sword of the Colossus, and destroying Sword of Acclaim for a lot of the time.

As for the helmet, armor piercing on self gets confusing (as it sounds more like armor broken to yourself), but I understand why you put it that way. You already put down effect in front of it (and party effect under it, showing that the effect doesn’t apply to everyone), so it’s unnecessary to put down “to self”, as you already indicated that the effect is for yourself only. The +20 VIT for 5 sec doesn’t do anything (if I remember right, that just means your healing by an extra 1 HP/second for 5 seconds). Even if I’m wrong, I would swap it out with something interesting such as an HP Boost (virtually making you a minor paladin), or go with the classic berserk or speedy.

The armor seems pretty interesting, gaining a 2 DEF, 4 SPD, and 5 WIS advantage over Acropolis Armor, with the drawback of losing 50 HP, but this doesn’t seem worth it (Losing 50 HP instead of losing 2 DEF isn’t worth it, and SPD and WIS don’t make up much for it, except for maybe buffing warrior when rushing ever so slightly). Probably not worth using/getting it. This should be buffed.

The ring doesn’t seem worth it either, as there are plenty of rings that, although may not give as much ATK/DEX, would be much more favorable in terms of higher DPS, while not losing anything (Pyra, Bracer, Crown and Lodestone all do a good job at this). Reworking the ring is probably a priority, more useful, or at least usable in some situations.

The sprites overall do look nice, but the armor and ring look a little strange to me. Other than that, this seems like a nice idea. Any ideas on where these would drop?

Made some major changes. The sword now does less DPS but pierces enemies and ignores obstacles. The armor was slightly buffed (but HP reduction is now 60) and the WIS is now gone (bc it’s useless). The Helm does not give the extra VIT anymore, and instead gives +80 Max HP. Finally the ring’s stats were changed to more DPS but with HP and WIS reductions.

DPS of the sword now seems way to weak (making it a weaker but multiple targeting Pixie Enchanted Sword), and seems only optimal in situations for mob clearing. I’d say buff the damage a bit so that it doesn’t overtake Sword of Acclaim TOO much, but would still find use in some situations. The helmet seems a lot more viable (but with that duration and cool down, it might be spammable, or close to spammable), making the warrior take on more of a paladin role, which is cool, as it offers a different play style. The armor simply doesn’t seem worth it, gaining an extra 3 Defense and 6 Speed isn’t worth losing the 60 Health. 6 Speed gives you about 0.4 tiles/sec more, which I don’t see as very much, and that 3 Defense definitely doesn’t make up for the -60 Health. Decreasing the Health loss seems beneficial for this armor to be useful. The ring… (cue the Forgotten Crown and Magical Lodestone waltzing in). What I mean is, these 2, while giving less of a DPS buff, give you other stats which would definitely make up for the DPS loss compared to the Soul Keeper Charm. Putting this on many classes would really hurt, sort of like a “I have to kill you first before I die” situation, cause lots of classes are really squishy (and almost all players like having health rings, or at least their health stable), and classes that rely on mana are damage by the 8 Wisdom reduction (Wisdom barely does anything, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t do anything). That 2 Attack and Dex give you about a little more than 1 extra damage and 0.1 extra attacks/sec. Buffing the sword’s damage, decreasing armor’s health reduction, and decreasing ring’s health/wis reduction seems the best thing to do in my eyes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.