Cult rework WIP

the green demon will chase players while firing ^^^^ shot patterns. every 5 seconds, will stop and go invulnerable, firing at the nearest player. that “phase lasts 2.5 seconds” ~12,500 base hp and 35 defense

Red demon’s attack 1

the red demon will stand still and fire at the nearest player. shots boomerang. shots deal 125 damage and armor pierce. changes phases every 5 seconds

Red demon attack 2

10,000 hp only?

shots are invisible, imagine manor bats that do 200 armor-piercing damage per shot on contact. (this is red demon attack pattern 2)

it would have extremely high hp scaling, like 2x what it is now

red demon would have 20,000 base hp (these would spawn multiple times per dungeon, always in a group of 1 red, 1 green, and 1 blue demon.)

i definitely think Cultist Hideout is currently way too easy for an endgame dungeon. it’s literally about as hard as a wlab or something (assuming you’re raiding with a discord or coordinated group)

I agree.

I don’t necessarily agree with this. For example in a decent sized group, you can get a perma stun and paralyze on wlab boss, turning it from a boss to a loot chest that lasts 10 seconds. With cult the bosses can still be stunned, but its a lot harder to perma stun all 5 cultists and I still regularly see people die in them, whether from taking a paralyze shot or trying to rush it.

I feel like cults are fine as they are, if a little bit boring. It’s still a relatively modern dungeon with modern dungeon/boss design(unlike shatters, which actually needs a rework). I don’t think cult really needs a full scale rework and even if reworked, I don’t think it should be made more difficult since after all, the hideout is meant to be easier than mbc/void.

I agree. I’m not trying to brush aside the work the op has put into this, but the Cultist seems to me like a lot priority, if a change is necessary at all. It’s something for pub runners to consider who aren’t as well equipped or experienced in LH! It’s certainly less of a worry that you’ll be nexusing after all that work. MBC isn’t kind to pub runs like Cultist is.

honestly, “the cult rework” was mostly not going to be in the cult. I was planning on just introducing some boomeranging shots, htt type shots, etc. just to spice up the boss fight a little bit. the I gues I should re-name this thread? the main focus was to add a “2nd stage” to the cult: Azamoth’s dimesion. the cult is where the dungeon would drop from.

yeah, you should, because “cult rework” sounds like you’re basically remaking the cultist hideout.
something like “cult part 2” “cult 2nd stage” or “azamoth’s dimension” could work. just add “wip” at the end and you’re done.

if you’re planning on putting these shots in the cultists fight, then i would suggest you not to do that(because it
might change the difficulty).
if you’re planning on implementing those shots in the ?azamoth fight?, then i would suggest you to do so.

anyway, i might be wrong, so you could just ignore what i said here.
i look foward to seeing what you could come up with. and last of all, good luck to you in the future.

Late but would be a cool pattern with a burst delay and burst.

6 in a row, then 0.5 second delay.

maybe. the threads kinda dead anyway, so @moderators pls close