Current Lair of Draconis system

The damage is a great idea, I can’t see two souls being destroyed at the same time, even then, it would happen extremely rarely and only if around 50% of the dungeon was filled with trolls.

Even then, I can see a scenario where two are killed at the same time… and posted online on forums or youtube

there’s black bullet, off to see if they can destroy the dragon soul in less than 10 seconds!!!
but seriously, that could be a problem with all of the boosts floating around during Christmastime

OK, then you can easily fix that by making the ‘dragon soul’ health scale to the number of players, thus rendering it impossible to destroy. Or assign an absurdly high value.

health scaling or high numbers will not deter black bullet xd

but i guess ur right its pretty improbable

Hmm…

1 8/8 warrior general helm + pixie

1 8/8 Pally pixie + gcookie

lots of and lots of EP wizzys with t6 spells

one knight to spam “ppe btw lel xd”

Stop trying to dismantle this thing, it’s fairly simple.

Find the max DPS of any given character, multiply it by 10 and add a little. Now you have an insurmountable amount of hp for any given scenario.

Not to mention that

or

is also pointless because you could be 2/8 with a t4 ability and deal the same amount of damage. Just saying.

This is how I think it should be changed:
When people enter the dungeon, there should be a 10-30 second wait time where the dragons cannot be accessed. At the end of said wait time, the game could see how many people are in the dungeon. If there are less that (let’s say ten) people in the dungeon at that time, you have the option of going into easy mode. However, if there are more than ten people, the dungeon would automatically go into hard mode. This way people couldn’t troll if there was a big group but small groups/guilds would still be able to access ivory/the hardmode dragons.

Simpler:

It works as now but with one small change. There is a delay on naming the first dragon, as now. But the delay is shorter for black, longer for other dragons. Perhaps only a couple of seconds, but it means you always are able to choose black first.

This makes sense as the problem is worst with a large group, where black makes sense and where it should be the default choice, where one person can mess things up by saying another colour quickly.

Small groups of just a few usually take more time to decide as they wait to see how many there are. By the time they do this they can choose any of the four dragons.

four, sweetie, I know you’re a long standing regular forum-goer but that’s no excuse for a big unpleasant block of unformatted text.

as for the ideas themselves, I think all of them would work nicely if done properly. they’re all a vast improvement from the current “best spammer picks” method.

Yea sorry about the big text wall. While making the post itself I was more worried about making my ideas clear that it totally passed my mind to even format it. I’ll get to making it look better soon.

The old way at least rewarded you if you focused completely on rushing to the portal in order to make the hero call of “Black”. Now, it’s just whoever has the best spam-ability, and of course those wishing to troll can get “outside assistance” via hacks to spam more than humanly possible.

:-1: for the change. Insta calling was a much better system.
I’d prefer just do away entirely with the easy mode than what we have now.

Having something destructible would be a good alternative deciding factor, maybe could be that the whole corridor to the dragon rooms is a destructible wall path, so whichever group had the larger DPS would get through first, and that boss would be activated, triggering the closing walls same as now, so all players would still have enough time to make it in if they were trying futilely to get to one of the wrong dragons.

Would also allow the team to change their mind - upon seeing they are useless DPS they could stop breaking through Black’s wall and change to Easy Mode if they realise they are a weak team.

Either make LOD vote based, or change the way hard-mode is activated

Have a little pinata dragon in there and make it like an ent: It starts flashing blue for a few seconds after activating, if you do enough damage during the buffing phase you do hard mode, if not then easy mode.

Yes (so long as the dmg required is calculated to the level needed to overcome Green’s heal, as that is the only DPS wall in the whole Hard Mode dungeon, the rest is just patience). If a team wants to choose Easy on purpose, they can always choose not to attack the target in “don’t buff ent” style.

Or maybe not a pinata dragon, a pinata dragon soul

Some1 is always gonna buff the ghost king

It takes a lot of damage to beat the Limoz heal threshold Nevov is proposing.

The change (X.20.0) to bring in the delayed first call…

…is continuing to be a lot more frustrating than the old way ever was. Saw 4 Lods just today get deliberately called for Easy Mode when it was clear the group could manage, and overwhelmingly wanted, Hard Mode. (example screenshot, click to expand if too small):

It was bad enough when it was only the Midnight Star chance lost with Easy Mode, but now we have the ST items from HardModeDragons, and the Mark from Ivory. Was there any driving reason why this was changed?

Because along with the quest markers being removed (X.18.0 hotfix)…

…what was one of the more enjoyable dungeons (ignoring the leechability of it), Lod seems to be one of the few things that’s actually become worse due to Deca changes, and doubly so with the call change on top of the no-quests giving difficulty keeping track of the dragons (and even knowing when it has died, because the disappearing quest was far easier to notice than just the death chat line, especially in Blue with its other frequent chat).

Edit @Four I don’t mean to make this just a rant post in your discussion thread! But your ideas would solve it, so I thought it fit to reply again here. :slightly_smiling_face:

To increase the incentive for hard mode, maybe add a small loot table for the little pinata dragon if you deal enough DPS to kill it?

I like idea number 2. That seems to be the most fair.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.