Cursed Library Feedback Thread: Grab Your Library Cards!

Omg! Real Pistoncow!

Is testing still going? If so how do I get on the testing server?

some of the realm eye text is too long and it goes into the side of the side UI and u cant see it

pretty neat

So the crystal prisoner is a women and she was going to marry the forgotten king, I did a lot of the texts, but this one confuses me the most

Use these links here to access the testing servers

Dappertron in particular contributed greatly to the Realm Eye’s lore, being responsible for all of the tiered weapon prompts while I handled the dungeon and boss prompts.

Ideally, I’ll get all abilities, armor, accessories, and untiered weapons in as well, and I will fight you if it doesn’t happen.
Consumables get a hard, definitive maybe.

Please check out this outstanding fan art of the dungeon by Saturnfiftyone!

0 votes and 1 comment so far on Reddit

Edit: I’m trying to link to the thread but the forum is just directly embedding the image for some reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/b17ti9/cursed_library_rrotmg_fanart/

will the ST items get prompts?

What about the one thing everyone cares about: Pet Eggs!

will the ST items get prompts?

The worst case scenario is that only the ST items get their descriptions and the other untiered are left in the cold.

What about the one thing everyone cares about: Pet Eggs!

Not a bad idea, but I’ll probably write one thing as a catch-all for every egg type, since you can only be an exasperated eyeball who is clueless on how robots and ghosts hatch from eggs for so many categories before you just have to force yourself to sound befuddled.

This was a really well designed dungeon. The difficulty is about the same as a mad lab. The floors do look a little like ruthven’s floors, but given the lore, it makes sense.

Every enemy seems really nicely balanced, although I think all the “Soulless” are just a little bit too tanky, maybe reduce hp by at most 5%?

The boss battle is insanely interesting, but it’s kinda unfriendly towards melees and there’s two improvements that could be made.

1: Make him stop a little bit longer at every square, it would give time for melees to get damage in.

1. When he goes in the middle, the gap between the shots should be made a little wider, at most 1.5 tile lengths.

The troom is also very fun and well made. Others are complaining that the hp is too much, but I think its just right. It would be pretty nice to have pets in that room though, so maybe you could add a tp function?

This is a really well designed dungeon and I just want to thank you and your team for all oof your hard work. Can’t wait to see this in game!

Both boss fights are well-done. Perhaps the main boss could use a smaller room. Somewhat a waste of time to chase it or wait for it to come.

For troom, maybe after all switches are activated turn them into portals that tp to troom so u don’t have to walk all the way back.

The dungeon though is too easy to rush for a gland dungeon that drops def/att/vit.

Hmm… I don’t have much (if anything) to say on the functionality of the dungeon or the bossfights themselves, but I really like that we got 4 unique items. 200 Mp cost seems a tad bit high, even for +42 mp and 21 wis (185 or 180, perhaps? I mean, the only people it’s gonna stop from using it as often as possible when useful are those w/ divine pets)… something I should add is 1. I only just realized that the mp heal applies to self as well, so I’m not sure whether you should add +40 mp, or what - if you use it w/ 200 mp and you have max mp, you’ll heal some 40 of it… an interesting concept for an item, for sure 2. Holy shit it has wis mod? I didn’t even know that. We can’t possibly have a runaway effect of permanently increasing wis because more wis=more wis the buff gives back, right? there is a cap somewhere/it doesn’t stack w/ other wis buffs? that concern aside (as incredibly amusing as it sounds)… yeah, I really like the idea of giving paladin more utility, even as much as I believe a different class would probably deserve it more, as fitting as it is. I think the idea of giving priest the ability to curse enemies for the trade off of self curse (honestly? you heal yourself for massive hp most of the time anyways and you probably already have a legendary pet, if not a maxed divine, it’s not as if you can’t take the +20% incoming damage - also, I don’t even know if it has wis mod or not, and if it does, what that wis modifier does… I think I’d much rather have this over t-pain because it doesn’t do enough damage for how close you have to get to use it effecitvely). It’s nice that samurai has another waki w/ a different status effect to use than just “lol I can expose everything and that’s about it”. The dagger… hmm

I think this dagger is almost perfectly balanced, just… can we get a slightly smaller angle between the shots? if it’s 15 degrees rn, can we get 12? it feels to me like it’s a mix between stinger (a really useful item, but… it’s hella rare and has what has always felt like the minimum range that you really need to get any real use out of a piercing weapon) and a bone dagger (has a very specific niche of piercing, but little enough damage and not enough range to make the best of it), which is something I’ve always wanted. Umm… I’m not sure if I’ve used it enough, but perhaps it should be toned down? idk, it genuinely does a good chunk of damage, which is not something I expected from this dungeon.

Edit: I was trying to run away from the bookwyrm and… it just straight up murdered my trix. Perhaps tone down its rage phase? seriously, the next time I die to it in prod, it’ll probably be worse than losing my new toy dagger in testing…

I have a small complaint but here it is

I keep running into the table at the start haha.
Most dungeon start rooms don’t have anything to block players from getting right into it so I find this table a bit jolting.

The dungeon while being pretty great has a couple of minor problems for me. It would be better if the troom’s tentacle weren’t faster than a 50 speed character as it becomes rather hard to keep rotating when it slowly catches up to you. The final phase should also have some sort of warning for switched rotation is jarring in its current state. The use tentacle granting sick seems rather unnecessary for a godland tier dungeon as the damage it deals along with the sick can make it rather oppressive.

i dont like what the tome does i feel ike you can might as well play the mystic

I love the boss and the dungeon looks great! I know this was probably intended but sadly its another rush to boss dungeon.

edit: I also really like the realmeye troom for lore

I was running around in the library with a paladin that had about 45 def. It was the first library I did. Defeated the boss no problem. So then I go to clear the rest of the dungeon when one of the enemies charged at me and instakilled me. Dont rember what enemy it was but he stuns players (death screen says creepy small hands). Plis nerf this isnt godlands-dungeon friendly.