Curse's Conundrum

aannnd what’s your solution about it?
moved to game discussion
i wish. still not a regular yet.
but i think you should move it to game discussion.

Done

I would imagine to only have the icon and not the red. Though I’m not sure if i would agree with that change

… well, i didn’t put it in the game discussion section because i didn’t think that it’s really “game discussion”. I simply presented an argument as to why something bothers me.

The lack of effort i put into it is what dictated me to put it in off-topic.

I mean, technically, everything is “game discussion”, as it’s just a combination of talking and mentioning any aspect of the game.

But i presented it with a lack of effort, like a shower-thought.

Hence why i think off-topic is a better suit for it.

I get what you are coming from but I feel as if the red effect does help because it shows me when i need to curse again/if i have forgotten to curse when using a mystic… I do agree that the red can be a little hard on the eyes at times, but without the red, it would just be harder to know when to stasis… Maybe adding a lighter tone to the monsters (like the color just becomes a little brighter/whiter to show that it is cursed… and the closest thing for a characters ability would be the rogue (as you said) and I’m not sure if you would count this but the electric from electric pets makes the monsters flash (if I’m not mistaken

Doc once said off-topic is for offtopic & not realm.

and game discussion is for offtopic & realm

actually I think it was community hub Either way it is discussion of realm and I would not consider it off topic. Closer to an idea then that

… that moment when you get mad at how a system works, but you sure as hell know that you can’t make a better one, so you just give up.

no? game discussion = on topic and on realm

Remove this:

OR get rid of the red that’s applied to enemies.

i dont think that would be a very good solution. unless we would see some other change in the enemy when they’re cursed. like make them be paler or something. im fine with the enemies being red tbh.

I’m fine with , and i’m fine with red enemies, but i’m not fine with both.

… how can one forget?

You’d need to give yourself berserk anyways, and if you manage to do that, you’d probably apply curse to the enemy.

How in the world does the redness help you time your re-stasising?

Well, the thing is, the pet ability is called “electric”. It absolutely needs to show electricity in affect.

While curse could be random voo-doo crap that doesn’t need to be extremely expressive.

i think he meant know when to curse

Electric-ing from pet causes both the enemy flashing effect, and a debuff symbol.

The curse=red makes sense coming as it did as an evolution from the stasis=grey. Though stasis didn’t/doesn’t have an icon, just the grey, so why would curse need both, I agree.

I personally find it the red fine, and a good cue when being a mystic. Though it’s odd to think that the “optimal” Rotmg would be everything cursed all the time, so therefore everything permanently off-colour.

Option to switch OFF curse-red in graphics would solve. Same for option to switch OFF electric’s strobing.

Well, if we dive deep enough in the depths of semantics, when you curse, you give them a curse debuff and a curse animation.

But when the pet uses its “Electric”, it shows electricity on the enemy, but “paralyzed” as the debuff.

Because electricity and paralyzation are two different things, it justifies the animation to show the electricity causing the paralyzation.

While a curse is just a curse.

Stupid argument based on semantics, but still an argument.

The perfect solution in my eyes

If my idea were to ever be implemented, it would be ideal to eliminate the red tint on enemies. Otherwise, an entire screen’s worth of cursed enemies becoming un-red would be lung cancer of the eyes.

It’s sort of tricky though, because there’s no denying that the red coloring over enemies is really satisfying and much easier to convey “hitting this enemy will do more damage” than a little tennis ball thing over their head alone. I also like that tennis ball in a weird way, because it also afflicts non-enemy entities like spawners, and if anyone should be able to see that which should not be seen, it aught to be the Mystic.

Allowing players to pick and choose which to see for themselves would probably be for the best.

Leaving just the icon and no red would make the debuff almost unnoticeable.
Leaving just that stupid strong red color which really blocks the monster sprite colors completely would keep making us get eye cancer.

Solution:

Remove the icon from the monsters and keep the body effect, just like rogue.
except with a more modest filter, like this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.