Dagger Idea: Arachnid's heart

Alrighty This is another one of my random weapons and stuff I just got this idea out of the blue so if this is like any of your creations, don’t be mad :smile: I feel like this dagger is pretty balanced. I don’t a sprite for it yet, so if you can make on for me, please share it with me! I appreciate any criticism or comments on this dagger! Good Day
TwoSquare made this sprite, thanks to you alot!

A dagger made out of the stickiest material from the spiders webs, its provides extra protection but can be hard to use sometimes

• Tier: UT
  • Range: 4.5
  • R.O.F. (Rate of Fire): 60%
  • Damage: 85-100
  • Effect: Slowed On Target for 0.5 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +3 vit +3 def
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1200

Drops From: Crawling Depths

Please If you can, please suggest a better name for this dagger!

With the dex on dagger classes this would perma slow enemies

perma slow isnt that bad by itself, its just that the range is the highest of dagger classes and the dmg seems to compare to other dags.

Along with that def buff?

This makes you retreat from things with super ease, you could just abondon the teired dags with this…

Working on a sprite right now, but can’t get the shape correct. Could you please expand on your idea or describe how you envision it. For a name I’m thinking “Arachnid’s ???” or “Arachna’s ???”.

Hmm Thanks for working on the sprites! Maybe Arachnid’s Fang or Arachnid’s heart would be a better name!

You cant retreat from things fast, if you miss your shots :slight_smile:

but at the rate your weapon goes at, i can miss every 2nd shot and prob still keep the slow, maybe even 3rd shot.

At least you reduced the range now. But personally, i would make the dmg like t3 or something and have normal range.

huh, never thought of that, thanks for the info!

I changed the R.O.F. to 60%

I’m starting to wish I had a canvas larger than 8x8. I’m tried to fit an 8 legs theme but it wouldn’t fit within the canvas. An 8x8 is just SOOO TINY

XD, its fine if it looks a bit weird, just do your best! :smiley:

It’s actually pretty Overpowered. Maybe u should lower the damage if This dagger is mainly just to slow enemies.

The main problem with this idea is that everyone has a Slow nowadays.

-Archer (t0/1/2 Quivers, Freezing)
-Huntress (all tiered Traps)
-Sorcerer (Fulmi)
-Necromancer (Esben)
-Paladin (ST Seal)
-Mystic (Hive Orb)

And mind you, that’s if you only take Slow into account. In reality, we all know that if something isn’t Immune to Paralyze, it’s getting perma para’d by Electric pets (or by any Archer with a good MHeal).

Even taken on its own terms, this idea isn’t that great. Putting status effects on basic attacks just makes the game too easy and makes Abilities potentially useless. I might be wrong, but to me it feels like this game just isn’t deep or complex enough for it to work.

It was just an idea, but thanks for your thoughts on the dagger!

I guess i’ll lower the damage, thanks for your consideration on the dagger!

At this point it just depends on how you really envision this dagger. A bit of description would be great!

BTW I’m currently using Doku no Ken as inspiration right now.

That’s the sprite I have right now. It’s basically a copy of Doku no Ken, so any extra gimmicks or traits you want I’ll add to it. Please don’t judge me for it, I know it’s pretty trash. :sweat:

Omg It looks great!

judging complete.

final score: 9/10

(how on earth is that supposed to be doku no ken? looks fine to me.)