Dark Lord

Dark Lord

5c71d5f6e242a3d3b78750e53dcd7101692ca085

The Dark Lord is a event boss and spawns randomly anywhere in the realm, mostly in the Glands and spawns once per realm, it has been said, the void entity created this dark figure to consume the realm little by little, soon to take over the realm itself…

Stats
Base HP: 100,000 (+5% [5,000 HP] per player in Realm)
DEF: 60
EXP: 5,000

Event
Level 20 Quest
Immune to Stasis
Immune to Stunned
Immune to paralize
Counts Towards God Kills
Shot%20from%20DL%20(2) Darkness shot
100 dmg
Darkness for 3s
Pierces through players
Amplitude: 2
Frequency: 1.3
ZVTjWyV Dark Bullet
150 dmg
Pierces through players
Shot Dark Shot
250 dmg
Pierces through players
image Quiet Shot
1 dmg
Quiet for 6 secs
Speed (tiles/sec) 8
Range (tiles)16
2fabb4428ede0915962672860d38042dfbeeea86 Weakness shot
1 dmg
Weakness for 6 secs
Speed (tiles/sec) 8
Range (tiles)16
Phases
Phase 1 You came here to destroy me? My powers are more mighty than you think weaklings. YOU ARE ALL FOOLS! YOU LEAVE ME NO CHOICE! FEAR AND BE CONSUMED BY DARKNESS!
Be careful in this phase because he will shotgun with his Dark Bullets with 6 shots
Phase 2 YOU STILL LIVE? LETS SEE HOW FAR YOU CAN GO…
He will shoot Darkness shots all around him with a quiet and weakness shot, he will also shoot them around him.
Phase 3 FEAR THE DARKNESS WHILE IT CONSUMES YOU!
He chases any player and shotgun with Dark Bullets, once dealt tons of damage he will move on to the final phase
Phase 4 YOU WILL NOT WIN, I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!
He will spawn his mini Dark Gladiators and will fire Dark Shots as a shotgun which deal a tons of dmg so be careful in this phase
Death Phase NO! NO THIS CAN’T BE, THIS ISN’T THE END?!
Warning! Upon death he will explode with Dark Bullet shots around him and can insta-kill any 8/8 if you are standing right where he died.
Spawns
Mini Dark Gladiator
A strong gladiator of the dark lord, these gladiators are suppose to help and serve the dark lord, to help him take over the realm…
Dark%20Gladiator
Stats
Base HP: 200
Def: 15
EXP: 150
Dark Mini Shot: Shot
150 Dmg

Drops
image Ability_T5Tier 5 Ability Armor_T12%20(1) Tier 12 Armor Weapon_T11 T11 Weapon Armor_T11 T11 Armor Weapon_T10 T10 Weapon

imageimage Wine Cellar Incantation

image image Potion of Attack image Potion of Defense
imageStaff%203 Staff Of Devastation
Portal%20Of%20Darkness Portal of Darkness
He has 50% chance of dropping portal and a super rare chance to drop the staff.

Portal of Darkness
Staff Of Devastation
Ibex [Boss]

Does he spawn in a specified area like Ava or just a random area in the realm like the cube god? Last thing I need is to run in to a tree during his chasing phase

Idea seems nice, and putting it in WIP was a good idea. I’d say, maybe give him a couple more shot types, though? Only three is kinda depressing.

random like cube god

voldemort is that u?!?!??!?

Portal of Darkness

I know, I will add more shots its just hard because its just me working on the whites and the dungeon, plus i have to work so it kind of stacks more Work

yes it is voldemort

Should drop tops

No.
@InfamousX , I like your idea as a whole, although the helm and staff could use some work. For one thing, I would move the helm into the dungeon once you’re done with it, so that the event only drops one white. Only reason for this though is that all event bosses drop one white and people would get annoyed if they got the one they didn’t want, and I just think one white fits more.

The phases are pretty well made as a whole. The dialogue isn’t badly misspelt like in certain other ideas and fits the mood of fighting a creature of the void entity.
I would change “FEAR THE DARKNESS WHILE IT CONSUMES YOU!” to, I don’t know, maybe “I WILL TEACH YOU THE MEANING OF FEAR! BE CONSUMED BY DARKNESS!”, or if you want to keep it the same then change WHILE for AS.
Also, in Phase 5, I think “NO! NO, THIS CAN’T BE, HOW CAN THIS BE THE END?!” would fit more.

Given that Dark Lord boi here can shotgun and chases players, I would keep the immunity to stun and paralyse, but remove the Daze immunity. I can see Daze and Slow being very useful here without making the boss a sitting duck.

The phases either don’t have too much variety between them, or you didn’t describe them enough. During the darkness phase, you could make the quiet and weak shots less like oryx and more like, for example, the Killer Bee Nest or the Sentry, and the darkness shots circle around him so you have to circle round.
In the first phase does he stand still, do that wander thing or chase players?
In Phase 4, it’s also not specified how or in what quantity he shoots dark bullets.
Everything else is alright.

If the Dark Lord doesn’t have a set piece, then his shots might be blocked by terrain and make the phases easier. Although given that he chases players it might be better to not have his own terrain so he can’t become stuck like the jade and garnet statues (they sometimes chase players and move back towards the setpiece if they move off so it’s like a cheap paralyse.)

Maybe he should also drop t10 weapons and t11 armours or old tops would become too easy to get.

White bags need a bit of a change, though I’ll comment on their separate threads.

Otherwise, good work! Nice dialogue and phases so it’s :ok_hand:

I’ll remove immune to daze. he doesn’t have his own terrain, and he chases players but he doesn’t go back he just stays where he is than moves to the next phase. Old tops are already easy to get tbh but ok. The white yeah, it will fit more if the helm drops in the dungeon, the dungeon is gonna drop another white, I’ll also change some of the dialogue like you said to make it fit more. I’ll work on it so brb

Haha. Boss shoots bullets that deal 250 and 150 damage, and you only have a realistic chance at att and def?

Lol good luck getting anybody to do this unless you add tops.

Nest 2.0

If you really think tops would be the only incentive then explain why people do the cube god, or LOTLL, or rock dragon, or skull shrine, or pentaract, or statues… The list goes on.

because they’re really easy?

they don’t have 250 damage shots?

i mean difficulty’s gotta account for something right?

This still isn’t nearly as bad as Lost Sentry, and keep in mind, it is still a concept.

If you get confused into the rock dragon then you’re either dead or have to nexus.
Same with avatar.
Cube god and skull shrine shred people sometimes, including maxed characters, especially if they aren’t stunned.
Statues STILL kill players with the charge.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Staff Of Devastation

Staff%203Shot

Tier UT
Shots 1
Damage 200–225
Projectile Speed 18 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.475 seconds
Range 8 tiles
Amplitude 1 tile(s)
Frequency 1 cycle(s)/shot
Effects Shots hit multiple targets
Rate of Fire 110%
Fame Bonus 6%
Soulbound
Feed Power 1000

Loot Bag image
Drops from Working on a new event boss in the realm, Dark Lord

Which staff sprite is better? Staff%201 1Staff%202 2Staff%2033
The dark lord will drop 1 other white, I will be working on both, the dark lord spawns one time per realm. He will also drop a portal to new dungeon.

• 1Staff%201
  • 2Staff%202
  • 3Staff%203

0 voters

So a one shot staff with low fire rate. I see that you added an amplitude, but not a frequency. If you want it to make sense you need a frequency.

I would honestly remove the Rate of Fire reduction and change the damage to 115 - 190.

This will easily always lose to tiered staves. Cosmic does 60-100 per shot with 2 shots and 100% Rate of Fire. This does 110 - 130 ÷ 2(due to 50% Rate of Fire), so it is around 1/4 Cosmic’s damage.