Dark Wizard Set (UT)

Staff of Dark Spirits

484 Darkness%20Bolt

Not many know of the destructive forces of this staff of nature. If you look deep into its cursed crystal, you can see the depth and darkness it collapses itself into.

Tier: UT

Shots: 3

Damage: 50-150 (average: 100 / total: 300)

Range: 7.5 (true range: 2.85 / damage points: 2)

Rate of Fire: 80%

Amplitude to Frequency: 4 to 0.5

Special: Shots Ignore Obstacles

Stat Bonuses: +5 WIS

Fame Bonus: 6%

Feed Power: 1,000

This Staff significantly deals more average damage than the Cosmic Whole, but at the cost of less reliability due to its large damage range, a reduced rate of fire, lower range, and higher difficulty of aiming.

It can come to great use during fights are obstacles are in the way.

Rune of Stygian Deeds

328 Darkness%20Bolt%20(2)

An evil tablet with a glaring symbol of chaos and destruction, though along with the darkness is the will to protect the user at all costs.

MP Cost: 120

Shots: 3

Damage: 900-1100 (average: 1000 / total: 3000)

Effects: Armored to self (2 sec)

Shots spawn around and center on usage point.

Special: Shots Ignore Obstacles

Feed Power: 1,100

A devastating Spell that can deal an average of 3000 damage (550 more than a T6 Spell) and grant the user Armored for 2 seconds. However, it costs 115 MP and requires the user to temporarily sit on the target.

To use this Spell correctly, the user must know when the enemy does not shoot. Then they must run up, use the Spell on the target, then retreat.

This Spell offers an alternative way to deal a lot of damage but requires skill and knowledge of enemies, something Realm should have more of.

Shroud of Vengeance

A bewitched robe of lust for revenge. Cursed by the Sisterhood, its hallow enchantments have never been tested for hero’s use, let alone for mere mortals.

Stat Bonuses: +14 DEF, +4 SPD, +10 WIS, -30 HP, -10 VIT

Feed Power: 900

This Robe grants 14 DEF (as much as the T14 Robe), 4 SPD (a good stat for rushing), and 10 WIS while sacrificing 30 HP and 10 VIT. It can come to use in certain situation.

Essence of Otih

A mysterious essence of torture and torment that originates from the depth of the Otih Woods. Users speak of shrill cries of pain from deep within the sinister core.

Stat Bonuses: +6 DEF, +6 ATT, +150 MP, -40 HP

Fame Bonus: 5%

Feed Power: 600

Similar to the Bracer, but more concentrated on the MP side while sacrificing HP. More like a mix between Bracer and the Ring of the Sphinx.

PUT TOGETHER:

484 328 152 024

Full Stat Bonuses: +150 MP, +20 DEF, +6 ATT, +4 SPD, +15 WIS, -70 HP, -10 VIT

Full Fame Bonus: 23%

Full Feed Power: 3,600

So what do you guys think? I know I screwed up in some places, so I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions so I could make the set as best as possible!

:v: :v: :v:

fire

Thats a solid set but the spell has a mixed opinion. I love the idea of sitting on something and burst it a lot but at the same time it has the high risk high reward play style. I can see the spell shining with ep on a chest but not that much outside of that. I have to a huge compliment on the staff shot sprite because those type of shots are the most coolest imo.

Just specifically for the spell: it would be really interesting if the shots spawned far away (and passed through obstacles) , and moved quite slowly towards the center (it would be cool if they accelerated too). That way, if you knew the boss phases really well, you can sit on the boss in a non-shooting phase (when they are usually also invulnerable) and then run away and have the shots hit when the boss becomes vulnerable again. That would make it a cooler mechanic than just being a spell incarnation of an EP.

Following up on suggestions, I changed the Spell’s mechanics. The +100 DEF bonus has been removed, and has been replaced by a 2-sec Armored. The shots now center ON USAGE POINT, and not on the user. That way, the player does not have to sit on the enemy until the shot hits.

And the shots ignore obstacles.

Alright, first off, we have to look at the overall set. A maxed wizard has 670 hp so you’re set brings the wizard down to a mere 600 health. In exchange, you offer 20 defence (leading to a total of 45), 6 atk, 4 spd, and 150 mp along with giving some wis and taking some vit. And here is where we hit the first problem in the set. The parts don’t work together. If I take a t14 robe and a bracer +120 mp, +60 hp, +10 atk, +20 def so relative to this set, I’m trading 60 hp and 4 atk for 30 mp and 4 spd and that’s just a trade I’m not willing to take. Not to mention, any spell that requires taking a large risk like this spell requires is simply not worth using if you only have 600 health.

Now we look at overall. First off, want to note that the sprites are really nice and seem original.

For the staff, I just can’t see it actually seeing any play. I mean theoretically it can do more damage than a standard staff and it can be useful when there are obstacles, but the truth is that most bosses just don’t have obstacles you can hide behind. I can only really see this being used against aracne’s son.

Now to look at the spell. First off, the MP efficiency sucks but in exchange you can get infini armored I guess. I feel like this spell will only really be used for the armored but with wizard’s range, it will never be able to truly optimize this ability unless it’s fighting against a target it could terminate with it’s normal spell anyway.

@GammaGamer I love the sprites but the staff and spell sprites look a little bland imo. I suggest darkening the handle of the staff and making the purple “runes” on the spell brighter

The robe sprite looked really epik tho.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.