Dblade or Pixie on paladin?

So,I know most people like to use Pixie on a paladin since paladin’s buff affects all the shots, and people say to use Dblade if you have oreo. But oreo’s quite rare, and I’d like to know what sword you guys carry. Also, I know Pixie is better for glands, but which is overall better and why, or is it better to carry both?

• Dblade
  • Pixie
  • Both (Swapouts)

0 voters

Edit: Just realised this post might be in the wrong place, can someone please move it?

done

Pixie + acclaim/sky (if you went bankrupt from buying the pixie)

Take a look:

At 9 defense dblade has higher dps than pixie (with damaging buff and assuming all shots hit)
However overall I think pixie because dblade requires getting much closer up and that is usually no good on a pally who has less def than other melees.

Pixie: 4.5 range, 4 shots (missing one is less of a big deal)
Dblade: 3.4 range (true range, 1.37, if you want to hit both) (missing one is a bad as half damage is gone)

Pixie, in my opinion better overall. It’s a safer option since it has a range of 4.6 tiles which outclasses all of the other swords in terms of range which is important to the Paladin since it is the squishiest of all the Melees. It also deals a high amount of damage with the Paladin’s buff until around 63+ Defense enemies (If all 4 shots hit) where Acclaim out-damages it. Even if you miss some shots, you’ll still do a considerable amount of damage. It also is readily available since it is a tradable item.

Yes, the Dblade deals a lot more damage than Pixie but unless the boss is stunned, Dblade is simply too risky on bosses than can instantly kill you you such most Events and End-game dungeon bosses. The range and spread of the Dblade makes it really bad at bosses like Daichi and all Shatters bosses since they shoot many high damaging shots in a short amount of time and are unstunable preventing any sort of damage being dealt with Dblade.

Oreo, solves basically most of the problems of Dblade for around 2 seconds since it’s Invulnerability effect makes you able to go hug any boss. It still is risky since if you don’t time it right you can still die. Oreo, however is, as you said, very rare since it’s an event white and isn’t commonly found.

Or you could just bring just use both of them as switch-outs.

TL;DR: Pixie is more useful for it’s longer range and tighter spread while dealing a still high amount of damage. It has 4 shots which allows can be useful if you have aim that’s slightly behind. Dblade is too risky since it has a low range and it’s spread requires you to go really deep. Oreo solves this problem by giving you Invulnerability but for a short amount time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.