Dbow Archer Tips?

What do you do while playing a Dbow archer?

I want tips in general, but specifically how to keep the archer alive for as long as possible (Dbow archer is my favorite class/setup in the game. I want to get the very most out of it.)

I have a 70/68 pet and am going to insta-max def and spd.

EDIT: Tips on what archer is good for and what archer isnt great for. What should I be running often as an archer?

if u dont want to die i suggest using hydra or other high def leather +ubhp or pyra with a para quiv(t3-t6)

Def and hp so u can tank and para so u can actually hit ur mark
also, i would either farm for 6/8 on another char or without dbow on to prevent an unwanted death
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

If you want to get the most out of a DBow you need QoT, Spectral and UBAtt so you get over 1k average damage to oneshot gods.
But as that might be kinda difficult, just equip your equipment with most defensive stats and use your range.
Also, I don’t recommend going full DBow, as it isn’t always the best bow for a situation, so you should atleast bring a CBow or a covert as a swapout.

A quickie would probably increase accucary, just saying.

What is a quickie?

A stress reliever

Click to shoot, move mouse around to aim

You was to get this set: DBOW/cbow QOT/elvish/t3 spec crown/pyra

I think UDLs were amazing for me to farm as an archer, and the boss is especially easy if you have a dbow. I guess, don’t run dungeons where you have to get really close to enemies; otherwise, play it like a normal character.

No.

Max def and dex. Dbow shots are slow af.

DO NOT WEAR IT 0/8. YOU WILL DIE.

Archer is good for everything with a dbow. You’ll find it godlike.[quote=“JoshBros, post:1, topic:7778”]
What should I be running often as an archer?
[/quote]

Everything that you are comfortable with.

Be aware that you should be switching out weapons occasionally. Dbow should not be used at all times. Understand where and when to use it.

Hi, similar situation here so maybe you’ll get something out of my info.

I love archer, love doom bow, and our pet is the same I believe. Mine might just be 70/66 to be quite frank.

Anyway, my maxing scheme for archer is to buy the attack with items and such, and instantly max it. That way the archer is playable immediately with doom bow for tombs and such.

You then want to max def at the same time/have your def maxed before you even max the attack.

You can then use these two stats to pretty much max the other 6/8 stats if you grind for a good week or two.

The dex won’t be too hard because your pet will help you permalyze Limon at a t3 quiver (Elvish), and you can just get dex easily that way.

Speed is the same, however I would recommend you get speed from glands, not snake pits, as you can easily get def/att from glands to sell for speed 2:1, and even speed along the way. (To be honest though, I just buy speed pots lol)

Wis is always a must-do, as in earn every wis pot, because as you max wis you have chances to get even more doom bows as you go!

Vit is kind of hard but fast since you need about 13 on avg. Since abysses are hard for archers if you’re not accurate with your shots, I suggest just grinding for def and selling def:vit.

Mana is mana, and it will always be kind of tricky to get unless you buy or do small trenches. My luck was never too good with mana.

Last but not least, Life. As an archer, clean tombs are easy if you have the t0/t1/t2 quiver with the slow effects. It shouldn’t be too hard to get life pots with the previous stats maxed, since you have good survivability and attack. FFA is honestly whatever, I like doing FFA on my archer with dbow/qot/spectral/bracer bc the defense and attack allow me to hit 900+ on average, and with buffs even more.

Your pet should allow you to permalyze with a t3 quiver. You don’t need anything higher because the mana cost+more dex<permalyze and getting shots in with a doom bow.

If you want to keep your archer alive for as long as possible, just god lands farming with a coral bow or even a tri-shot bow should do the trick. You’ll grind massive fame, and pots along the way.

Archer isn’t really good for Shatters unless you’re really good at them. Me personally, I’ll bring a throwaway 4/8 heavy armor class into shatters. I’ll max the 4/8 char with the archer using the pots from glands and maybe events around the realm.

Hope this helped! Good luck! :slight_smile:

EDIT : You really don’t need the whole attack set, you can get enough damage in lol. The attack set (dbow/qot/spectral/ub att) is just for those who believe in more damage=higher loot %. You can get by and your SB threshold in with just a doom bow/t# quiver/hydra\griff\csilk/any ring.

I’ve maxed def and spd. Any more tips from now on? I just want to live as long as possible on this archer and have the most fun.

By the way, your tips are great. Thank you!

shoot em with ur bow but dont miss

Hi, sorry for late reply! I’ve been busy with school and such.

I believe those are all the tips I have to offer. Godland farming is fun as it is because you pretty much get fame, pots, events are called out in the process, and if you like to do Oryx Castle + Oryx 1 + Oryx 2 then you could easily stick around when the realm closes and get a couple more goodies along the way. Maybe even an A.S.S.

Glad you liked the tips! You’re very welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.