DDocks boss room

Everyone remembers the Mad God Mayhem dungeon, right?

Deca implemented a feature where entering a new boss room would put you in a separate chamber, and when you connected it would teleport you in.

Wouldn’t this be useful in other, normal dungeons? For example (given the title) in the Deadwater Docks, connecting to Bilgewater’s room would be safer (even though it’s already fairly safe.) This could also be used in LoDs for the Ivory Wyvern and also non thicket Court of Oryx dungeons, and any other examples I can’t think of at the moment. This wouldn’t really have much use since it’s pretty hard to die immediately as you enter these boss rooms, but it might be a nice QoL update. Thoughts?

The problem with that feature is that you become ineligible for the Boots on the Ground fame bonus when you are teleported after you connect. (unless they fixed that)

Yeah, that might be a problem.
but even if it isn’t fixed, if this was implemented then they could fix that fame bonus glitch alongside it? Maybe? :o
That must have been annoying in MGM for some people then, boots on the ground isn’t an easy bonus to keep

reallly?

I meant the dungeon Mad God Mayhem, where when you enter a portal, it brings you to an isolated spawn location for a second and then automatically teleports you to the actual fight without a load screen. It’s different than simply entering a portal

oh rip.

Good thing to know so i dont enter with my void chars

It would be a logical feature but where to draw the line?

Cemetery has multi-stages, and spawns you in potentially a dangerous spot if you get slow loading, or if you dawdle in the phase before, eg. trading after the stage boss.

Even ‘normal’ dungeons such as Abyss can be dangerous when you connect, if someone has already dragged some enemies to the spawn and nexused.

So it’s kinda opened a Pandora’s box putting this feature in, because really the only difference was that MGM was such a high profile instakill place and the centrepiece of MotMG that would have looked really bad if they didn’t patch it.

But looking back, auto-forced-teleport isn’t a good answer while-ever there is the Boots on the Ground bonus.

It would be the same thing if they added a tile in the game that auto-fired your ability (to lose Mundane), or if something in the game force-fed you some consumable and took away Thirsty.

So while I think I like the concept of the TP room. it’s problematic vs the Boots achievement if they were to bring it in to more dungeons and place those out of bounds for characters trying to maintain their TP purity.

An easy solution would be alter the Boots achievement to be not a pure “TP=0” bonus, but make it award on a superlow ratio of TP to Tiles Seen, which you can lose+reacquire, like the accuracy bonuses.

That’s pretty smart.

But what if you did these ‘force tp’ dungeons often? That might still screw over some players looking for fame bonuses, and the bonus itself could be inconsistent.
But this is still the best suggestion so far.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.