Dear players who dont help clearing udls [during "clear UDL" chest event]

Actually, there is a slight delay between chest spawn, and when the chest becomes invulnerable, at which time assassin, huntress, and high dex classes can get quite a bit of damage in.

Yeah so I’m russian and i LOVE the rotmg loot system.

filthy capitalists, they should just submit because communism is eventually going to take over as the primary form of society amirite

That would be ideal but no capitalist will just give up the means of production without resistance. Just the same way that the aristocracy resisted during the French Revolution for example, surely you wouldn’t say that capitalist revolution wasn’t good progress.

But this is kinda derailing the thread a bit so I’ll stop here.

You can whine all you want about it but a post won’t change something fundamentally wrong with the playerbase. That would take the addition of a new mechanic, as some people have suggested. While I think pointing out a problem or complaining about it can be helpful, I think it is better to work toward a solution.

Thanks. I soloed one UDL as a sorc and got a myst pot, egg and shard as well. So based on our small sample size, it seems likely that there is guaranteed loot.

I remember when I was doing my 3rd ever ppe:

There were 3 other people with me, all at least had 4 stats maxed, and they sat in the spawn room and watched me, A level 15 rogue, rush the Mad Lab for their greedy butts.

I died.

I should have been the anchor, not the rusher.

Here’s another idea:

Everyone participating in a dungeon event is assigned a loot chance possibility factor. Having 100% does not guarantee you something from the chest; if RNG does favor you with something, you have 100% chance of getting it. Whereas, if you’re doing an event with a low factor, e.g. 10%, and RNG favors you, you only have up to a 1 in 10 chance of getting it.

When you enter the dungeon, you start out at 0%. This goes up based on the percentage of the map you’ve visited. Each monster kill/assist also increases this amount by 1%.

This way, even if you’re level 1 with subpar equipment, if you follow someone who is clearing, you increase your chances of getting something. If you sit at spawn and jump to the boss, then your odds are about nil.

here me be lvl 10 wiz

there be lvl 20 guys I think maxed 1/8

they be sitting at spawn having tea

while I rush

when me get to boss, was lvl 20

leechers tp me

then the leechers got all the precious loot

while I’m crying with only a mark not even deserving it

seriously this will happen most of the time, player base is upside down, like wth, why?? I almost regretted choosing the wizard because I was thinking " I think I’m the leecher, poor rusher getting mark not even deserving, I should be rushing "…

Because it communism loot system
Lol

I know, but heck

Unknown-2

It’s inevitable outcome.
When a player can expend some effort and get RNG chance at loot.
Or the player can expend no effort and get same RNG chance at loot.

The only punishment to the leech players is they aren’t running the dungeons as time-efficiently as they could be.

The clearers in such a group could even be said to be enabling the leech behaviour of the others because if the group was 100% leechers they’d never get a chest.

The only solution?:
Change the group of players you’re running with.
Only call the dungeon in /g or via /tell to a like-minded group
An active guild is a good way to make these events bearable, or via Discord.

Edit for the benefit of any latecomers:
This topic relates to a CLEAR ALL ENEMIES event: UDL & Manor Chest Events - April Shards (Apr 3 to Apr 10)

I love leeching and will never quit

back up anchors in case the other 19 nexus, duh!

Nice necrobump
:+1:

mhmhm

Problem with the ideas of having a faster cooldown for people who help explore/clear the dungeon is that the chest hp scales, so it doesnt really matter if 10 people get 2 seconds to hit it when the 40 people make the chest super beefy in health

Scale soulbound damage so that it’s stupid high, reduced by each map section seen and each mob killed that gives you xp. Might work.

No, that gives advantage to warrior who is higher speed and dps

Pretty much anything anyone does to try to fix this gives advantage to warrior

This is turning into a Kobayashi Maru…