Death Bags

Already existed, called gravelooting. It was done-away-with a long time ago.

What if we bring it back with new requirements and mechanics though?

I think it would be good if they brought back gravelooting, although the prices of tops would go down (the opposite happened when they removed it).

wait, wtf?

why do people like this?!

There is a reason they took out gravelooting!
This would turn into players trying to kill each other

Player Killing is not possible in The Realms Though Right?

no, it allows people to get rare/expensive items without putting in the effort. it also basically allows UT trading via suicides, but in a manner that would probably get a lot of people scammed. furthermore, it means that items will never go out of circulation, eventually everything becomes super cheap/common because their tops/sts and even their uts never actually go away, they’re just passed onto another person.

it also encourages players to kill each other by dragging on them, aka “Griefing”. lastly, this is on the list of topics to avoid.

technically not, but you can easily drag and giving fake heals, screwing in lava walking etc.

Souldboud Items would not be in the bag because they are already bound to the soul of the dead player. also the Items dropped in these bags would become soulbound to the one that picks them up so they cant be dropped again

This is a drop bag, similar but different?

no, this is a bad idea and i have many reasons why.

1. this is a game where if you die, everything is lost. no exceptions unless it’s the servers, etc.
  2. people would get UTs that they didnt “earn”.
  3. people would drag more.

to explain #1, if you’re doing a duo dungeon with your friend and u supposedly die, he could give all your items back.

to explain #3, to get free items, people will intentionally murder others

okay, then people wont use UTs and probably tops

i didnt read all the prior comments, so here’s my suggestion

your suggestion?

Doesn’t matter if it works on UTs or not, STs/Ub rings are already very valuable.

This would only encourage people to get an auto-looting script/hack and drag on others, especially since it’s impossible to be a nice guy and give the items back to the guy who died.

You can’t give the items back, they become soulbound to you no matter what teir

Still unclear on HOW thy would murder, unless someone makes an idiotic move of following someone into lava or a god shotgun. Just saying

drag means what?

in the middle of editing. i’ll just copy paste it onto here.

make it so that only one or two items drop. if all of the items drop, that defeats the purpose of the gaming being a risk-reward game. one that if u die, u lose everything. if you got all of your items back, there wouldn’t be a point as to bringing out high-cost items because everything is refunded.

for example, if i was a wizard with:

• cosmic
  • t6 spell
  • soulless
  • ubhp
    if i died, i could get all this back, defeating the purpose of the losing everything game.
    it would be a lot more risky if only two items were given back.

then your friend would have the stuff and give u back stuff in pure life?

dragging. heres an example:

when you bait an enemy to aggro onto you, then make it change targets to the one u want to drag to, by running away or something.

ok

did you read the whole thing?

doesnt matter. if you’re doing a duo dungeon, your friend could get your dead items and pay u back in life pots. also, someone else would be benefitted from your death, leading to a lot more people dying from dragging. even if it is in glands or something, others would still get stuff.

heres an example. if you died as a priest with recomp, and a sorc picks up your recomp, he can sell his and use yours. if this keeps happening, the economy would be changed due to no items being lost, or a lot less items being lost.

dragging will become more of a part of the game then