DECA Art Contest: Spooky Mechanical Girl, Spooky Skeletal Centaur, & Spooky Table edition

I’ve never actually taken part of a real contest for Realm before. Why not start now?

Clockwork Mystic

Spin her turnkey and she’ll be off on her merry way.

The purple portions of the skin, dark and light, are affected by the large cloth/dyes, and the mechanical parts are affected by the small cloth/dyes.

Tenebrae the Scavenger King

Once an unknown pallbearer, he or she turned to necromancy to uncover the secret to eternal life. By replacing parts of the body with… fresher components, they ended up living past centuries. But over the years, nothing original had remained, and their mind was eventually lost, seeking only to add more to its inhuman body.

(Old version here)

Candlelit Altar

A bleak altar over which many nefarious black magicks have been conjured. Placing books or paper written by mortals will eventually rearrange the ink into incantations of darkness.

Awesome sprites and interesting lore!

This is only a real competition between @Curlip, @Piggby and Dappertron, the rest of us are just fillers!

Srsly tho, that clockwork Mysthicc is pretty sweet, I would definitely use it!

Tthe Scavenger King is the best I have ever seen!!! Screw DECA if they don’t implement this beauty!!!

That Candlelit Altar looks, and sounds both creepy and cool! Loving it!!!

Pls stop rolling ouut such godly Sprites, or else us Minor Spriters won’t stand a chance!!!

i guess the altar gives less of a golem legs feel now. nice job.

the skeleton if better since last time, but the back is still bugging me

clockwork, ive always liked this one, but i still cant see the clockwork, actually i dont know how people are envisioning it.

This is only a real competition between @Curlip, @Piggby and Dappertron

I’m confident that there are going to be some serious contenders just before the contest ends, if what I’ve seen from @PwrNewAcct and @PostMorten have anything to say about it.

I’ve already given my opinions on these when you first made them. They all look great!

:confused: high expectations.

Some of the coolest sprites I’ve seen. Great job!

These are excellent.

the scavenger king looks freakin’ amazing!

I doubt it.
Afaik neither piggby nor curlip has ever gotten a sprite into the game.

Curlip is working on his sprites every single day, improving them, etc.
Honestly wouldn’t be suprised if he wins this contest seeming as to the amount of effort he has put into his sprites (Plus they look insanely amazing too)

Getting back onto topic,
Amazing sprites!
I cant really fault anything in this post…
Except for one thing. Puts on gordon ramsay voice
In the third (attacking) animation for Tenebrae, his cloth, or shirt (idk what it is) sort of flies off the actual body a bit?

Edit: Legit 3 seconds after i posted this i realized they were wings -.-
Congratulations theres nothing to fault anymore

Those sprites are among the best I’ve ever seen on the forum. The lore and everything is interesting, and I think these are awesome.

This looks AWESOME!

I agree to an extent, it’s pretty obvious what the turnkey is but the thing on her head looks like it’s some flashing light which doesn’t really remind me of a mechanical clock, maybe something of higher tech.

The ‘cloth’ you’re talking about is indeed flying off his body, because it’s a rotted cloak that barely holds onto him. I suppose if you mistook them for wings, then I might be the one at fault for not conveying it well enough.

@Uniqourn It seems for every one person who can see it, there’s someone who’s really thrown off by the gears. Do you suppose it would work better if the tiny topmost gear wasn’t there?

Too Spooky for me!

[Spooky table intensifies]

I don’t know about Curlip, but the Hands of Shaitan were originally mine, one of the oldest sprites I’ve created. On the draw tool they’re called the Hands of Zykros or something.

I love the sprites you created. Their color scheme is a swell choice, and the shading is splendid. The contrast is well-defined. Great job!

Well I’ve never been one to see things properly, so maybe my opinion isn’t a good baseline but ohhh… that’s what the thing at the top was xD.

Gears are rather hard to convey because these

things don’t come across the right way, in squares. I get it now - you’re trying to make two interconnecting gears (one large, one small) but the single pixel is flashing. Pretty darn hard to make a single pixel look like it’s spinning without messing up the interpretation of the other gear!

I’m not sure, try removing it and post it here and make a poll? I’m stubborn and once I see things, I can’t unsee them lol. For now, it’ll be a flashing antenna to me. :blush: