Deca giveaway competition challenge thingy ma bob

Hey guys, it’s me, back again with another deca that will soon be gone from my vault.

I’ve decided to get rid of another deca, but this time, it’s not going to be luck based, or english based for that matter.

This time, with the help of @curlip, it’s going to be a little different.

THE CHALLENGE
A while back, Curlip made a quick little game, didn’t take much too effort, but it’s simplistic and quite fun. The challenge is to get the highest score on this game, andrecord the run as well as the end score. You can either post the result here, send it to my realmeye, or send it to me on discord, Sir. Spud#1026 (I would not suggest posting here if you got a really high score, as its natural instinct to beat it, or not submit)

I also need someone to try and tamper with the public code (or whats public of it, at least) so I can be assured that what Curlip fixed is fixed, and noone (cough cough niegil cough) can change what is displayed on the end result.***********

The link to the game is -
https://curlip.xyz/games/beacons/

i’ll give the competition a week and a bit, so at some stage on Sunday (AEDT) ill announce the winner.

Good luck everyone, and happy flying through weird beacon things!

Edit: Due to issues regarding people who are going to try and cheat, i’ll need video evidence. Even the final 5 seconds is ok. Im not expecting a whole lot of submissions, but whoever gets the highest will win.

********* - don’t really need anyone to do this now, as im going to use video proof

Edit 2: full screen screenshots are fine

The General Chat Thread

so this is fine if I can’t record?

oof

Angry lunar bird lander?

Couldn’t someone easily edit the image using an editing software?

Fudger Ducker

since all results have been trash, this isn’t my best btw

(i just realized how lucky i am, cant get more than 52 now :frowning: )

Beat that

obviously a fake

obviously a fake
its a fake btw

No seriously, what are you going to do for anti-cheater measures?

full screen screenshot

i cant get past 15

just to make sure everyone knows how to play correctly:

if you hit the line you lose hp (max of 4 times)

you have to try to hit the dot, or the beacon. You do not need to dash through the beacon.

boosting in any way does not decrease hp, even if you dont dash through beacon.

touching edge of screen does not subtract hp

you get 1 point every time you go through beacon.

note: point is on an exponential-like scale, where it’s harder to get the further you progress. the difference between 45 and 50 points is similar to 30 and 40.

Here’s my strategy:

1.) for the first beacon, go to the left most wall.

2.) from there on, only move through beacons up and down.

3.) once reaches high speed (around 40 or so), it becomes more luck based, as it is not worth it to go out of the middle for the edge beacons. this means that you have to depend on however many lives you have left.

4.) if the beacon is a bit far away, dash down to get it. however, if the beacon is at high speed and far away the next turn, you won’t be able to get the next one.

hope this helps, although I want the deca, would be more fun to see other competing fairly

:sweat:

I’ll do better >:c I wasn’t ready for the high speed beacons