Deca hacked my account?

Ok…

That sounds more like they’re covering for a mistake. Either way, they could be far more generous about restoring their own admitted mistakes without any harm to themselves. From this to the irreversible account bans – even after they acknowledge some may be mistakenly banned – it sounds like they’re tightening up the leash on support.

It says

You might see that your characters were killed in various times throughout the last week (even if your characters were created after that) in various dungeons, due to a processing error

That means to me that they were not killed being played: rather some glitch in their system means their status is reported as dead. The “even if your characters were created after that” in particular indicates it was not due to normal game playing. All the data about your characters, your history, your graveyard is just numbers in a database and that presumably got corrupted as they tried to deal with your case.

I can understand why they would not subsequently resurrect your new characters, as they may only have your own assertions as to what you had, and they have made it clear in the past they cannot recreate characters based on that.

The lesson of this is simply don’t get hacked. Use a unique password, one that’s secure enough it can’t be guessed. The way the game is run it’s very hard to recover hacked accounts. and you are lucky Deca take any interest at all, as they cannot be making any money helping people with such problems.

It would clearly show in his graveyard what he lost in terms of items equipped and maxed stats. They can do all these things they claim they can’t but they won’t.

From experiences I’ve had with Deca and the experiences I’ve seen other people have, their support team is fucking pathetic. The most they do is reply to people and apologise. Nothing great about that.

Lol, reminds me of Kabam’s support; whenever someone got banned they’d end the email with "…and thank you for continuing to support the game. "

Thanks for posting the email, never seen something like that. Though as doc pointed out, seems like Deca is being more stringent albeit the various other thing that they do do. (i.e refunding keys if you record a DC)

Copying my response from the sub.

Is nobody going to question the legitimacy of this? I don’t buy it, there’s too many discrepancies. First of all, Deca wouldn’t use your Paypal gold purchases to handle anything related to your account, that’s what the security questions are used for.

Secondly, the wording just doesn’t make up at all and it turns into a convoluted mess the more you look at it. Support wouldn’t say something like “You might see that your characters were killed in various times last week,” they never talk like that. Also, what kind of processing error causes characters to sporadically die in various dungeons? Even if that were an actual thing that could happen, they wouldn’t die at random dungeons, they would be killed by null and all at the same time.

This all smells like a fake attempt to get some characters revived by making a scene after a series of regrettable deaths, and I’m kind of shocked that some people are so quickly believing this. It’s admittedly convincing at first, but they more you look at it, the more it falls apart.

I was about to :frowning:

The graveyard only shows what was equipped when the char died – or in this case their message indicated it does not even show that as deaths did not happen – and is often incomplete and unreliable. They might still have to largely go on what a player says they lost.

The other problem though is it may not be technically feasible to restore someone’s UTs. They are not tradable, cannot be given to characters. They only way to give someone a UT might be to log on as them, temporarily grant them admin status, and then spawn the items on the char. But that has all sorts of security issues, and would be a lot of work especially for multiple items and chars.

The thing is this is not like WOW. There’s not a large subscriber database, paid for by the hundreds of $ each player pays annually for their subscription. ROTMG is ftp and permadeath. and the large number of players paying nothing and dying often means they cannot afford keep around dead characters. As there is no record of dead characters (except the incomplete one RealmEye uses) they would have to recreate characters based on what players say they lost, and that is just too liable to be abused and exploited.

So they have a simple policy of not recreating dead characters.

I don’t know, that’s why I put this on the forums, don’t you think?

This is what I’m thinking[quote=“Toastrz, post:28, topic:8722”]
Secondly, the wording just doesn’t make up at all and it turns into a convoluted mess the more you look at it.
[/quote]

I know; I think someone might have hacked Deca like Swatsec? And is not doing a purge yet?

If someone hacked Deca, they would know about it by now, and the hacker wouldn’t have “Mess with support a little” as his top priority. That’s a poor excuse for a poorly-constructed lie.

took forever because my computer hates me.

Fun fact, the subject line with “yopu” isn’t edited.

@Toastrz

Idk I thought you’d trust superman, but apparently once I post it on Reddit you dont

:cry: rip oreo dbow mad god armor fairyplate, now i cant do my giveaway

Just because I have a general trust for someone doesn’t mean I won’t call out obvious BS from them.

Can you give evidence that this is obvious bs?

Apology & Explanations (drama llama)

@DreadDrake thank you, what I was about to say.

Apology & Explanations (drama llama)

Sure thing.

evidence of mine saying “i f***ed your girl” being fake is impossible to get.

(no he can’t and shouldn’t have to)

might wanna get his thread back on track.

Have you tried to recover a hacked account? It asks for Paypal purchase logs and chargeback records.

Which is why I was thinking that this isn’t Deca.