Deca hacked my account?

And that’s where your claim undeniably falls apart. They would only investigate your gold purchases if you weren’t able to initially provide answers to the security questions. However, in the image you provided, “Deca” begins with a statement implying that this is the first response to the ticket, not a reply after they inquired about security questions. This isn’t part of a chain of replies, it’s the first one, and they’ve magically jumped straight to using gold purchase history while somehow knowing that security questions wouldn’t work out. There’s no way they could otherwise know that without other replies.

I provided the (what I thought were) answers to security questions in my first sending.

Plus, don’t target me; for all we know someone might be trolling on the Deca support team. They’re useless *ssholes as is.

Apology & Explanations (drama llama)

Yeah, despite all the claims made by players in defence to Deca (e.g. the recent Deca killed my Game post about pet stones) that Deca can’t rollback, or has no gamehistory files, etc, this isn’t true. They have full access to the game and game history as admins, unless of course their devs and support boards don’t actually keep watch of the game.

Deca, get your heads out of your asses if you’re watching this. If this is not you guys, clarify it. Also give me my 7000 gold.

Apology & Explanations (drama llama)

Now it’s time for me to copy MY post from Reddit

HOLD IT

Deca wouldn’t use your Paypal gold purchases to handle anything related to your account

From the email it appears that the player tried to buy gold and something within the processing malfunctioned. So maybe DECA was trying to review the case and something strange went wrong.

Support wouldn’t say something like “You might see that your characters were killed in various times last week,” they never talk like that

Do you have evidence (clear, as a picture that can match up with the original post) from the exact same person of him specifically talking differently? This claim is as legitimate as you think the email is.

Also, what kind of processing error causes characters to sporadically die in various dungeons

As strange as it, we don’t know, which is why the kid was pissed. The computer and server is very complex, malfunctions can be very weird.
This all smells like a fake attempt to get some characters revived by making a scene after a series of regrettable deaths
And can you prove that the email is fake? If it is true then your entire argument falls apart.
It’s admittedly convincing at first, but they more you look at it, the more it falls apart.
How so

this is all i’ve got from temper

@Shatter HEY!
Nov 10 is my birthday!!!

Lookit your email timestamp!!! :birthday:

Yeah, I’m sure you thought to include specific information like that right off the bat before they even asked. That’s convenient[quote=“SupermanEH, post:44, topic:8722”]
Plus, don’t target me; for all we know someone might be trolling on the Deca support team.
[/quote]

Yep, those hooligans over at Deca support sure are known for their wacky hijinks and silly, account-destructive trolling!

They can’t rollback if there’s no backup copies to revert to, and they certainly wouldn’t rollback the entire game for one account.

And so they went onto his account and got his characters killed inside dungeons? A gold purchase investigation has no reason for them to go onto his account in the first place, much less start playing the game and get numerous characters killed.

Support always talks in a clear, rigid structure regardless of who you get. They never use vague or uncertain words like “might” and they definitely wouldn’t act some laid back about it. Either way, this ties back into the fact that they would never be on his account in the first place.

Okay, no, stop right there. This is the same pathetically weak excuse as when an elaborate game story wraps things up with “It’s all a dream.” You can “explain” any error with computer jargon, but that doesn’t make it remotely true. There is no kind of error that would not only get characters killed, but have they die by specific dungeon enemies. If there somehow was a way for a “coding issue” (another example of weak wording) to get characters killed, it would just be null, no exceptions.

Even without the detailed answer I gave in the previous post, the fact that this is fake should be self-evident. Say what you will about Deca support, but no company support behaves like this and none of it adds up. The writing is so clearly written by a clueless player who is trying to explain things away with “coding issues” and “processing errors.” Now this guy is starting to make even more ridiculous claims in the RealmEye thread, which should further prove that he has no idea how to continue spinning this web.

“Look at me! I’m diverting from the main conversation to appear more relatable and likable so that you feel less compelled to go against the things I say!”

Of course, you need to send a well-composed message before sending… Why does that sound cynical…

They’ve banned and unbanned me twice because I was reported for paranoia and game ranting. So yeah.

no, I sent two emails in one because I got hacked, then my payment solution charged me seventy dollars for 7000 gold (50 dollars)

No, I just noticed that and got hyped because it’s cool. I don’t know why you’re acting so fucking elitist, but I have to act you to cut it out.
Even if this looks fake, it’s no excuse to hyperanalyse me as a person. No offence to Elitist as a guild @Buldokan I love you and I was using the word in a diff context

@Toastrz

Looks like same tone, and using similar 2nd person speech here. It’s clear he talks somewhat different from menichko, which has a rougher tone.

Edit: here are three of the mods I’ve gotten replies from, and though it’s not obvious you can identify them by speech:

Menichko:

Talking style is very brief, gets to the point fast, with occasional grammar or spelling error. Keeps 2nd person use to a minimum unless he/she is thanking you.

Temper:

Again, uses that 2nd person quite often, more often than Menichko. Temper talks rather boldly.

Dhayne:

Has a softer tone than the other two, but at the same time also brief and getting to points fast. Also uses 2nd person less, unless using it to thank you.

Not that I’m trying to insert myself into this arguement, as I’m not, but this statement seems like another diversion. It’s completely unrelated to the post. Also, no logical person would be offended by using their guild name, which also happens to be a word in the English dictionary, in a sentence, even if it is in a negative connotation.

The talking style isn’t what @Toastrz is arguing is off. The parts of the email in question are the unsure language and ignorance of how the game works on a technical level.

Again, I don’t want to be a part of this debate. I just thought I’d point that out.

This is misunderstanding the game. A game like WOW, say, receives $hundreds from every player every year, apart from a few doing ‘try before you buy’. The default is paid accounts.

ROTMG is a free to play game. The vast majority of players pay nothing towards its upkeep. Most of them are very casual players, who play only for a few minutes or hours before quitting (based on this).

What’s more people die often, and it’s a permadeath game. Your dead char doesn’t hang around so you can retrieve its gear, it’s gone. It clearly records something for posterity for your graveyard, but the char is gone.

With a large transient player base, piling up lots of deaths, it makes no sense to keep around dead chars. Especially as players only lose characters due to player mistakes, whether mistakes playing or mistakes not securing their account properly. If characters could die for other reasons they might feel obliged to store enough data to resurrect them. But it‘s always either poor gameplay decisions or poor account security, so ultimately the fault of the player.

How about this? In the OP, he quotes Deca referring to a “keycoding misformat.” Since we’re dealing with actual programmers here, let’s see what this term is all about, eh?

https://www.google.fr/search?q=keycoding+misformat&oq=keycoding+misformat&aqs=chrome..69i57.1287j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Nice, the very first result is this thread. It’s not a thing that exists. Something tells me these experienced game developers wouldn’t be making up random terms that sound just complex and computer-y enough to pass as an excuse.

And for the last time, the most obvious proof here is that he claims the deaths were caused by various dungeon monsters. If the characters were killed by some sort of technical issue, they would either display as null or a messy numerical ID. Come on, this has been pulled a thousand times, nobody should be gullible enough to believe it anymore. Character died, claim it was a server error, blame the devs and start a riot for a revive.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/65wdcx/excuse_me_deca_friend_of_mine_basically_got_a/dgdza50/

So you admit to having broken ToS by doing RWT?

The possibilities when I read the original post:

1. @SupermanEH is trolling. The whole thing is a fabrication to get you to engage in a nonsense conversation. The original post is not well articulated, contains conflicting and incomplete information. This is a possibility.
  2. The email is from the account thief, who killed the characters and thought it would be funny to say DECA killed the characters.

I’m going to lock this thread because
a) this has nothing to do with tech support
b) deca is not going to read this
c) it is really incomplete. It is impossible for me to even understand what @SupermanEH was originally claiming as the story.

Something about I was hacked, and deca hacked me, and they played on my account, and I undid a chargeback to transfer a paypal purchase, and death source keycoding misformat. I dunno. I waited to see if it would become more clear, but it didn’t.

Best of luck sorting things out.

Couple things i’ll mention without delving into who vs who is trustworthy, which is where this thread seems to be headed.

• Deca is based in Europe. My reading of support replies here and elsewhere feels as if some of the people on the other end do not use English as their first language. They’re excellent, but some word choices seem a bit unusual from a native speaker, and usually the most difficult aspect of mastering another language is conveying ideas. Maybe “keycoding error” is a mistranslation or approximate meaning to what actually would have happened.

• Support folks would almost certainly have some technical proficiency, perhaps including programming, but it is doubtful they’re knowledgeable about the internals of this game. Support staff are given tools by the programmers to independently perform support related tasks, such as ban/unban, credit gold, access accounts to restore deleted pets/characters, and things like this. When they say something isn’t possible that doesn’t mean it truly is impossible for anyone in Deca to do some thing. What they actually mean is they either do not have the right tool for the job, or that they’ve been told it’s against company policy and therefore the programmers will not be making such a tool. A simple example is dead characters: we know it’s possible, but support themselves cannot do it. Making a tool to resurrect would be easy, but their position against resurrections means it will never be built.

Edit: ninja’d by Stu.