Deca Needs To Stop Selling STs (pay2win rant)

I really am getting tired of a new st coming out and everyone going crazy hunting for it, only for their hard work going unnoticed because people will just assume you spun a mystery box. It’s obvious to see that this set is as rare, if not more, than a lot of UTs, and they are soulbound. The only difference between a soulbound ST and a UT is literally 1 letter. It’s impressive to see a guy walking around with a QOT, but not with the new ST skull, it’s just ridiculous.

Rotmg is actually taking a big turn towards pay2win with deca recently.

• All of their dungeons are near impossible without a well organized group, which you can almost only get by buying a key.

• They are getting away with what kabam tried doing when they made STs. They are selling UTs under a new name.

• The mark system greatly favors players with a large amount of vault chests. A free2play can’t compete.

I actually am starting to get tired of Deca content. It’s all bad looking skins, events that just get in the way, money-grabbers, and LAG. Where is that one item we could buy with fame we were promised a little while ago? Does anybody remember the dye remover? Players have spent so long with no use for fame, besides trying to compete with gold buyers on pet feeding, and now that they finally have something it’s literally used for deleting something that you can buy with gold, and they can’t even release it in the nexus despite all the other new stuff they started selling in the nexus (for gold).

I would like you to keep in mind that I have an almost max legendary pet and plenty of vault chests and character slots. I put plenty of money into this game to not be affected by these updates, yet I’m still disgusted by them.

So what else can be done to generate a better revenue stream? We can bitch and moan all we want, but if the numbers don’t change, it’s all just noise.

As long as releasing a skin or ST item gives them money via mystery boxes, why wouldn’t they? Their reasoning is that the item is also available in game. Albeit behind a grindwall or paywall which is pretty damn high.

I am as disgusted by it as anyone else, but from a business perspective, they can’t do much at the moment, can they?

Imagine you were deca, you would want to go to any means to make money, and make P2W people happy with new items

Why should that be an excuse for us to stay quiet? I understand they need the money, but aren’t you annoyed with their method of getting it? I would rather see the game go subscription based than continue with what they are doing now. pay2play > pay2win in my opinion, at least there is no confusion about whether a person legitimately acquired something or not. If they wanted to sell some skins and vanity items on a subscription based rotmg I’m sure they would make plenty of money and not have to kill the game to rake up a little change.

“their method” is the only way they’d get guaranteed income at this point where most players in the community are bored already with some new content and get lazy wanting to just have an easy way of getting stuff with their gold that they don’t use. Also I don’t really see people just assuming they rolled the box for the items really except for obvious p2w af players that have too much gold to spend anyway. It’s pay 2 win for a reason, they pay for easy access/items and any game that has p2w aspects will never get balance for f2p players without either side having a complaint imo.

I mean it’s their way of making money, and rotmg is basically a free game, and they do need their own ways to produce money sooo…

The 3 replies above you have all offered something original to say. Please try to avoid completely repeating what has already been said with your entire reply, it can get a little annoying.

Your entire reply:

A fraction of the above replies:

“it’s their way of making money”

“rotmg is basically a free game”

(Edit: he’s saying it’s basically not pay2win because you can still grind for the same stuff, I noticed it was a bit confusing at first glance)

“and they do need their own ways to produce money sooo…”

Not trying to be an asshole, but these 3 bits from the above replies say exactly what you said. Your reply was as pointless as me making a reply telling you it was pointless.

@SirSpud @YuujiKyun

I didn’t have a reason for making this post besides ranting about my opinion, but now I’m actually a little curious about what you guys actually think about their method of making money? Something besides it’s required to make money. I just want to know whether you like it or not.

Lol. Do a search and read the previous posts stating your (redundant) rant before accusing people of regurgitating the same arguments.

Then accept that if you don’t pay you’re entitled to an opinion but it really doesn’t count for much.

Then come to terms with the fact that, and I’m repeating myself from earlier posts that you could search for, instead of being pissed off at people who ‘bought’ the set, be grateful they’re keeping the game up and running for you.

They were original to this post. I don’t have a problem with what was repeated from past posts, but when it’s literally right above what you typed…

Edit:
@Supersttar

You’re really not helping my case dude… (also he said rant, he wasn’t calling me a rat)

I never ever once said I was angry about people buying the st sets. I said I was angry at deca for selling them and even followed it up by saying I am very pay2win in this game.

My rant probably came off far more aggressively than I intended.

I get the whole F2P vs. P2W argument - it’s one epic grind to get a set - but ultimately the people that bought the set don’t detract from the game play, the only thing that’s affected is your achievement as perceived by others.

But then, I never fame trained once for the white star but the perception from others? Maybe they think I did train, maybe they think I didn’t. Maybe they think I’m an arrogant asshat (my posts on here don’t help that), maybe they don’t.

Ultimately it’s other people being douches about the set that’s the problem. Go grind for it, hate every other minute of it, then strut round and know you did it the hard way. :slight_smile:
(Currently I’ve only managed the staff and I’m getting solidly pissed off with people buffing ghost kings)

What I think about their method? Like I said it’s the same as any game with a P2W option for players-The offers will always be better to lure in more spenders and there’s nothing the community can do to stop that on their own because it’s only an option for the player to take which in return will make some non P2W players feel left out on gear that could be obtained through hard work but instead purchased with money by the P2W community. Why shouldn’t they stop releasing these “baits” to lure spenders is because that’s what keeps the game going right now so I can’t really complain about it. I don’t think it’s possible to run these servers with so much players for free unless deca was just too nice to spend their own money for us to just play freely which is prob not gonna happen since ofc most companies are there for profit.
Basically at this point, it’s just ranting about P2W aspects in general and not just for realm cause it’s all the same everywhere.

There’s nothing wrong or unethical with their methods, the only reason they’re not stopping is because of the numbers.

This si not a phenomena unique to only MMO’s or RotMG. Most AAA titles are now falling into the same get rich quick money grab.

As much as it may be annoying, I’m going to reiterate - Deca is making the best of a bad situation. They could be doing so many worse things to the game.

@Etahn you should tone it down a bit. This is a discussion thread - points are bound to be repeated. That does not give anyone the right to reply in the tone you did.

You’re right. Which isn’t really a problem, but Deca is gonna keep pushing it to make as much profit as possible before the users say no. What Deca is doing is similar to cereal boxes getting smaller and chip bags having more air than chips. They’re just gonna keep pushing for profit until they’re on the edge of losing their business (us).

You ignored the guy saying “fuck off and grow some balls” to act all high and mighty on me telling me to “tone it down”??? What I said wasn’t bad and it most certainly wasn’t out of line. It’s ridiculous when you can copy word for word what was said right above you and get away with it, yet you’re gonna talk all condescending to me for calling him out for it? I have as much of a right to respond the way I did, as you have a right to get up on your high horse and try to talk down to me.

Edit: @MessltUp Regardless of you talking down to me like that, it was still a good reply that swayed me a bit. Don’t let the like confuse you, I get sick of people who try to act high and mighty like you just did.

I never did respond to this bit and I wholly agree. I can’t say exactly what the problem is: I survived the Kabam content drought fine, I got enthusiastic when Deca took over, yet these days I’m very meh (at least with disgusted you care, I’ve just got apathy) about the game and can’t bring myself to put money into it.

Maybe because the end game content is just too end game for my lack of skills, maybe it’s that I have no idea what a character is because there’s so many skins, maybe RNG cloths and dyes is just one step too far.

I’ll argue the fact they need to make money, stuff has to be SB because of doopers, that something has to be sold in nexus and STs are great candidates for that, but I will side with you that Deca still haven’t found the right balance yet in most aspects of the game - content, sales or support. Even the reddit updates are just a little too unprofessional and meme referencing.

P2W =/= P4A

aka you don’t have to pay to win the game, but you can to speeden the process

Rotmg is free. Play with rotmg without paying. Its totally possible Note than deca gave out 2 char slots + 2 vault slots, and some free backpacks. I have a maxed rare pet without spending any money on it!

You mean from not gonna happen to it’ll be done in 10 minutes for $1k when trying to get a divine pet? That’s more than just speeding it up. They made it possible, but so hard to achieve that you can’t realistically do it without spending money. You’re right that you don’t HAVE to pay money to “win” this game, but it certainly is unfairly difficult without buying some gold.

that why we have dungeon discord

nah who actually use nectar crossfire or that dragon sword

you are fucking right

By far the easiest and most sustainable way to generate more monies is to aquire more new players that lack char slots, valut chest, an op pet and everything else.
The good thing here is that the women just keep shitting babies into this world, s.t. a huge and steady stream of new potential(!) players is always there.
The bad thing, however, is that Kebabs fucked up their game, making it harder and harder for new players to jump in and enjoy the show, while never really fixing super ugly problems (just that welcome chat screen of a new player, hahaha).

Have you guys ever wondered why Kebabs gave up on trying to actively gain new players (by means of marketing)? Because they changed gears, focusing on the few big whales in the game, that enjoy to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a shitty flash game. And by doing this, the situation got worse, and worse. Just put a new player besides a mob of 8/8 derps with new new tops and uber legendary op pets. Or just picture this huge skin-mess where nobody knows whats freends or foo, and who’s which class and what’s going on anyways. What? I was supposed to tweak my options page first? What does all this shit even mean? Wew lads.

Deckers are obviously continueing this trend, instead of attempting to cater to and gain more new players, they’re just milking the few idiets that just don’t know where else to spend their mom’s monies. The game will ultimately die this way, since all those new potential players will pick up something else. They probably will never hear of rotmg in the first place, and even if they do, and actually should give it a try, there’s pretty much no way they’ll stick around, unless they already know someone playing this crap, telling them it’s actually relli relli gud once they’re accustomed to the eye cancer that presents on the screen.

tl;dr: fp2 games are easy to manage without turning them into a pay to wins crapfest. The trick is to steadily gain new players. Keeping old players (or just a few fat whales) happy shouldn’t be that important, and usually only leads to power-creep anyways, that just further and further destroys the balance and design of a game. And once you do that, you’ve just dug yourself a hole you’ll probably never come out again, hence more ST crap, cancer skins, and shitty, I mean episch, LH dunschen, etc. etc.

Thanks fr your attentions.
Questions?

I never pay for this game, this is hard

Yea this is right, why ppl wanna make a lost sentry
for a dungeon but how ppl can do lost halls when it is tooooo hard