Deca Needs To Stop Selling STs (pay2win rant)

My tone was not intended to be in a high and mighty way, apologies if it came across as such.

I did indeed ignore the person saying grow some balls - because I am pointedly ignoring people who comment with the sole purpose of starting a fight.

I’m glad my reasoning made an impact. It’s happened with enough games to see the pattern.

I don’t see the problem about all this. I see that Lost Halls favors organized groups - Nest compared to that just needs some practice and 5-15 people.

What i don’t see, not at all, is the ST hate. RotMG is a game, most people play, to gain personal achievements. Getting 8/8, maybe even on more than one char (If you personally are willing to pay for character slots or attend every event), getting good White bags or just getting a ton of fame - all these are personal success. I don’t see why people should not be allowed to “buy” good Equipment, which also exists ingame (and is - in case of UDL- easy to farm).
I’d never say: “Make UT’s tradeable again, or even sell them for gold.” because that would destroy the rewarding feeling getting one of em after a good bit of work - but ST’s, which are technically made to wear as full set - are not exactly that way in my view. Farming ST’s is like a good bit of grinding where you don’t feel that rewarded but like “Finally, i deserved that shit” - which can be frustrating. I don’t think it’s that bad to sell em tbh, while free2play player can easily grind if they really want them.
Gold doesn’t make you Invulnerable. Also, and that’s an important point, ST’s are not the best choice, normally. Even the Necro set just provides a ton of damage and some survivability while it’s not the best set to survive. It’s really good - esspecially for DPS - but not the best choice in terms of surviving.

Btw: If you blame ST’s you could also blame the advantage you get from buying Skins/Tops and trading to get characters to 8/8.
Isn’t that unfair? That it can be so easy to get 8/8? That you can get items others have to farm?
No, not really, cause you decided to pay a company, which is hosting a game, that we play.

You guys have literally no disadvantage from others items - but deca has a huge advantage and can provide a game that we like to play - and come on guys - DECA does frequently provide new content, unlike Kablame.

And yet they didn’t put the LH tops into the nexus shops (yet) suggesting Deca does have some interest in seeing the players actually playing the game to earn their loot.

Taking aim at the ST items is a distraction in the P2W/P4A argument because nobody has any need to own/loot/use these items, so far they seem to be basically a cosmetic item/vanity item. Unless Deca starts releasing some new item that is truly advantageous (like if Pierce Spell came out today as sb), there’s no problem. Even then, like the necro set, we have a route so a free-player can farm for them.

Same with the marks. Sure a 50 vault player has an advantage, but a freeplayer can go out and target their specific quests, and in a couple hours have them all done. It’s only the worst Epic Quests from the rare dungeons that will be a barrier, and there are myriad Discords now appearing to let players organise their Rotmging.

The heinous offences when it comes to P2W/P4A going too far, are releasing something for-gold only that is better than anything freeplayers can loot.

So in Rotmg that’s only really the top tier of pets which unless you are going to commit crazy hours into playing, free players simply cannot reach compared to a Pay player. The rest of Rotmg is available to a F2P player in one way or another.

Now if we are talking about unorganised F2P players, who only run content found in the realms, with the random players they meet in that one realm/server, then sure, they have a massive wall against them trying to get all their marks, trying to do LH. But the only barrier against them is lack of knowledge or some principled standpoint if they don’t join a relevant Discord, etc.

Complains about them selling items

Complains about selling skins

Also complains about server lag, which definitely cant be fixed without Deca getting money

you cant fix all of these.

I do like some points that you have made. The game seems to originally do so, however, the introduction of pets did help the game stay afloat, no? Besides that, I believe Decker is trying to expand both ways; new players with the events and calendars, and old players with harder dungeons. Besides, new players have plenty of content anyways.

This I would like to agree, if not realistically possible. After all, popularity bell curve only lasts so long. Free players are important because we are also part of the experience. Rotmg wouldn’t really feel the same without the mindless mass, though sometimes toxic.

Skins are usually sold because cosmetics are really easy to implement, and usually harmless… Except now I can’t see my character well(stone skins, anyone?)

Tl:dr, I agree on a lot of your points, but the reality seems to not support your thesis. I believe the best way is to cater to both, as I think they’re equally important

“a free to play can’t complete” I am a free to play, and I almost always complete my epic quest. the whole point of marks isn’t to store them in your chests until you get the quest to turn them in, its about doing the dungeons the day you get the quest. Also, if you are supporting pay to win (by buying chests and pet food) then you are the reason they are still in the game. if people didn’t buy stuff Deca would probably stop selling stuff.

Alright here’s a more in-depth take down of this post (I was on phone before and phone typing is annoying)

So what? It’s still YOUR personal achievement, and you know how much work you put forth, You should still feel proud, and even more so, as you did something that most would just P2W for.

Yes, and they are almost impossible for any F2P player to complete, that’s why STs should be unsb. Obviously they’re one letter off, the last word in both abbreviation is ‘Tier’.

Complaining about it being P2W, but also being surprised that someone didn’t P2W?

Yeah, it and mmost games nowadays.

They’re end game dungeons, they SHOULD be that hard. It’s not Deca’s fault that players dont want to farm events to do LH.

lmao Kabam TRIED? Kabam fully implemented STs, and Deca is just making better STs that actually rely on having the full set.

Deca said that you shouldn’t hoard marks, making them stack-able is going against their original intent.

I like alot of the skins. So, every event should be steam-rollable? I thought that’s exactly what most people advocated against. Deca is a company, they HAVE to make money for this game to even exist. I have a computer that runs at literally 15 fps at GOOD times, and I dont see this terrible lag except for on especially bad occasions. Deca is even using the exact same servers that Kabam ran.

I dont know the full deal about dye removers, but you couldn’t even buy them when they were released, the item was broken, and they might be trying to fix it.

More when I get on another comp.
Edit: lmao thought there was more when I got off last time. guess there wont be another text wall here.

Perfect example of what I’ve been trying to say. Aggressive monetization of games has become the norm instead of being the exception, and honestly, considering all the other examples of games monetizing themselves, Deca is doing a stellar job of not straying and alienating their playerbase.

Well I complete the epic chest as soon as the quest is available. My large amount of vault chests allows me to get the chest and open it in a couple minutes and then go out and enjoy farming what I want to farm.

I stopped taking you seriously after this point. Believe it or not I DO know their abbreviation (Set Tier, UnTiered). My point was an ST is the same as a UT in pretty much every way except their tier.

The only thing that STs have in common with UTs is the fact that they’re more unique than regular tiered items.

Oh you’re right there are so many huge differences that completely make it okay to sell them. I mean they have an S instead of a U, they drop in a cyan bag, and… what other differences are there?

What differences are there from UTs STs and regular tiered items? One has a U, one has an S, and the others have numbers, Regular tiered items drop in pbags and cyan bag, oh wait what makes UTs so different from regular tiered items? The litteral only similarity is that STs and UTs are a bit more unique than regular tiered items. list me some actual similarities, their lack of difference doesnt mean that they’re automatically the same.

Your confusion is confusing me. I was comparing STs to UTs, tiered was never in the equation.

Of what? You never actually specified. I will assume you want similarities between ST and UT. I really don’t see the point in listing all the similarities when I can just tell you the main 2 that makes a UT, a UT, and that is that they have a unique trait and drop location.

Why don’t you tell me what makes a UT be called UT and then try to tell me that an ST doesn’t have it too. I admit that the ST items do have one major difference that makes them a Set Tier, their unique bonus with the full set, but, looking at something like the pixie or ST spell, STs are clearly close enough to a UT to warrant a soulbinding and of course not be sold for gold.

I added the comparison to show how dumb your argument is, it can be applied to T12s and UTs or STs in the same way, but it looks more exagerated to a point of looking like a stupid argument. Basically, I was trying to show that your argument is stupid.

Wait, what did you say in the first part of this post again?

Good assumption! So, you’re saying that the only similarity is that they’re somewhat unique? Wait a minute…

They’re ‘Un-Tiered’ because they’re unique, STs are also unique. You’re literally just restating the point I made earlier, that you argued against, and you’re trying to use my point against me, which is just proving my point correct.

How is pixie similar to UTs again? Oh yeah they have that one singular similarity that totally makes them the same. STs should never be SB, as it makes it almost impossible for any f2p player to ever complete the set. STs are one of Deca’s largest revenue stream, if not already their largest, why should Deca give up their largest source of money? Deca is a COMPANY and they NEED money, RotMG is a F2P game, so selling items and skins is the ONLY way that Deca can even keep the servers online unless, of course, you want to pay a fee to just play the game, or some random millionaire decides to donate excessive amounts of money to Deca.

HEY, HEY, HEY!
You’re all wrong.
Deca started selling STs in Mystery Boxes because:

• Real World Trade companies duped and sold STs, taking away from Deca’s revenue.
  • They’re in mystery boxes to balance the P2W element and the guarantee rate for the items, rather than selling them in the nexus shop.

And trust me. Deca’s new content is 99% fanmade. Nah, more like 100%. We’re all tired of their skin releases and especially the disconnects and lags. But they’re getting there.
Any of us could argue that it would be more convenient to have stackable Marks, but because some Marks included in different quests have different amounts, that’s also not possible.

Your argument falls on empty ears here, because it’s not only illogical but we agree with you! This is not the place to rant!
Deca watches the Reddit forum! If you want to rant about stuff like this, do it to the devs here! Not to the players!
Next time, cap.

The pixie is literally a fucked up mash-up between a dblade and a csword. It has low damage at high range and crazy damage at low range. The literal only reason a pixie has that ST label on it is because it has 3 other crappy parts that come together to make a crappy set. Without those 3 other items a pixie sword would be UT.

You’re dodging questions btw. I told you to define UT and tell me that ST doesn’t fit that description. Please try again.

Edit:

Please stop trying to make it sound like it’s not a big similarity. These 2 (ya it’s 2 similarities I listed btw) similarities literally define a UT. If an ST fits that description then what does that mean?

STs shouldn’t be soul bound. But they will be until duping is fixed once and for all.

As a by the way, you think you can just buy a set? If duping didn’t exist how many life do you think a pixie would be? Back in the day (cue reminiscing mode) dbows were tradable and went for hundreds of def - and they are way more common than a ‘legit’ pixie…

I won’t disagree with you there. I put rant in the title because I didn’t want people mistaking me for actually thinking out my argument. I just wanted to get my opinion out there and hear what has to be said about it.

I guess I’m missing something? Yes, I agree that a pixie would be worth a lot more if not duped, but what was the point of saying it?