Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

The problem with this is that you’re not being realistic. That’s like saying, I would like to see you take, or have taken, Calculus BC during your sophmore year of high school. There are a lot of people, myself included, who are taking it. If I were you, it would really piss me off to see myself not taking the classes I deserve and am smart enough to take.

I did work a sneaky compliment in there, hope you like it.

This is beyond cancerous to read…

There was never anything remotely close to that.

Also, if it was easy to stop hackers, it would have been done.

Although he’s not very descriptive, he’s completely right. Everytime you add something to stop hackers, it will hinder actual players.

If it was easy to stop hackers, it would have been done.

Although very undescriptive, Pokemonha is completely right. The amount of work it would take to completely stop all hacks while not hindering legit gameplay would be immense.

… if you were given complete power over the game, what would YOU do? Would you stop all hacks instantly? Do you know how to code? Do you even know where to start?

You’re making it sound like a walk in the park.

Hate to admit it, but Pokemonha is technically correct.

… cancer overload.

That depends on how the patch/fix is implemented.
If the problem was with a certain mechanic and the mechanic was changed so it cannot happen whilst retaining the same functionality. It would not effect regular players at all.
If the fix was to have a penalty occur if a player does use the exploit, then it would effect players who accidentally come across it.

First off…

Sorry. Next…

Ehhhh… I thought there was. Will post evidence when I find some.

And as for these…

I know he’s right. I didn’t post all that shit because I think DECA is going to immediately find a godly solution to hacking. I was trying to bait him.

So, you’re a sophomore in high school taking Calculus BC? That’s… impressive.

But it’s no reason for someone to hack. I don’t care who you are or how smart you are or how smart anyone is. This is a game, and games have rules, and you are not supposed to break them, whether you’re taking Algebra 1 Extensions or Advanced Quantum Physics. Just because you have a crazy schedule doesn’t give you permission to cheat.

And I said this before, but I also do not like that you seem to think people like myself should leave the game for being firmly against hacking. I play by the rules, and I don’t think it’s too much to ask for others to do the same.

If you use hacked clients:

• you suck. You really suck;
  • you can’t get better and you will suck forever because you wouldn’t notice the difference between a really dangerous situation (nexus or death) and a not so dangerous;
  • the game is boring, you’re just getting items or getting stars;
  • you steal the loot from the people who plays the real game (the hacked client is not the real game because auto-nexus means you don’t die and it’s permadie [just one example]) and that is unfair and it’s frustrating. “White white” and the guy was using a client. I didn’t like that and it happened so many times while doing Depths, I saw the guy just reconnecting after doing stupid shit like breaking eggs and waking up the boss. While the rest of the times I ended up alone, breaking the eggs and trying not to die

It’s not the main problem, it’s just stupid. Once you start to use hacked clients or cheats, the game is over. There’s no more fun. But kids and old people too have one goal to be known “Yeah, look at his chars and his gear, he’s a whitestar”, it may sound stupid, but you earn respect as soon as you change your color and some people need respect from other people. Maybe it’s for another debate, but I can tell you that it’s true “I’m a MOD/Whitestar/DEV/FatDudeWithFame now, show respect”

But at the end of that day you lose experience you could have gained in maybe learning how to drag your pet over the wall to get the switches yourself -_-

If you really that that was the point I was trying to get across, read it again a couple times. The point is that even if you really really really want deca to ban every single hacker there ever was, and implement policies to stop future hacking, and whatever, it’s not realistic to think so. [quote=“CptShevu, post:224, topic:3342”]
I play by the rules, and I don’t think it’s too much to ask for others to do the same.
[/quote]

The problem is that it is too much to ask for others to do the same, at least if that “asking” involves other people putting a lot of time into the game, time that you don’t want to spend.

That’s not a reason to justify hacking, that’s just explaining why hacking is this much of an annoyance in this game.

I’ve already explained why that “I don’t have the time” argument is complete bullshit.

I used to play 3 times a week, about an hour each session. I managed to use the time EFFECTIVELY, which allowed me to progress and get better at the game. If you complain about not having enough time to get better, you’re clearly not utilising your time in-game effectively.

But these non damaging hacks can be exploited into but not limited to:
Fame botting
Scamming
Duping
Dragging

So in the end, while most these hacks aren’t OFFICIALLY against the TOS, majority of the players will use them in a way that violates it anyway

Not to a rogue who isn’t maxed dex

You are correct! Also a lvl 5 sorcerer probably can’t kill it in 10 seconds either!

I do not dislike hackers because they get an advantage in game, mostly because they all eat shit hard anyways and no advantage will pull them up from there.

I dislike hackers because they are generally self-centered pricks who think they are in the right when there is text literally saying otherwise. I dislike hackers because they are acting decent at the game while also being trash. I dislike hackers because they are people who always want everything their way without actually doing anything. People who think they deserve respect automatically. Disgusting people I say.

I personally dont mind the hate against hackers, hopefully that will drive them away. This however has the negative side effect that legit players often get called hackers and get undeserved hate. Blatant hackers however? Fire away I say.

But the most in-game harm the hackers cause are to themselves for voluntarily ruining a great game and making the game worse for everyone else too for using said hacks.

All in all, hackers can go fuck themselves.

You do realize this is a forum for the entire RotMG community, including people who are relatively new to either the game, the forums or both, and not a permanent show made for your own personal entertainment?

You do realize i’m starting this statement the same way you did to give you a bit of a backhand insult

Read our forum rules there is nothing this thread breaks and there is nothing wrong with discussion over this topic.

Edit: @Steviedawg you gotta make one more left till it’s a right :wink:

Well, it could a low level 8/8…

This is the kind of attitude that has allowed hackers to thrive and ruin the game. Self-centered and inconsiderate of the big picture. Not as bad as the hackers themselves, but bad nevertheless.

It is like being ok with multi-boxers that lag realms, steal loot and ruin the game for everyone, but give you some leftover loot they don’t need. Just because you benefit(ted) from them, it does not erase all the negative effects they bring to the entire game.

I’ve been on the receiving end of this. Was called a hacker because on their client I took shots and didn’t take damage or receive the status effect, so a blue/red star messaged me saying their friend thought I was a hacker, so I explained to them that I wasn’t hacking, and it was just a client side issue.

Some kid stole my video to ‘prove’ my friend was hacking

here’s the vid

Can’t you treat it like people calling you a hacker in cs:go?
It’s obvious from the video that the kid has no evidence whatsoever.
Because everyone know that people who have crowns are obviously hacking because I can’t do shatters, so they can’t either.