Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

Finishing 2nd without ever killing all Teslas.

Not having to kill all the switches to get to first.

Skipping Heroic Observer

What wonā€™t those sons of * expletive * think of next?!

This is disturbing news.

Hereā€™s my take on hacking.
Recently I joined then left a guild of hackers. They told me to get a certain client, and I thought: why not try it on an alt? Hereā€™s the alt if anyone is really interested in a garbage NPE accountā€¦ http://www.realmeye.com/player/ioimemes
Anyway from what I observed of my own account and my guildmates, I found some of the functionalities of that client in particular:

1. Autonexus: this isnā€™t an issue of faster reflexes anymore. I got sat on by anIce Sphere and my Client HP went to -120 before Autonexus triggered. Thatā€™s ridiculous. Iā€™ve heard from (now former) guildmates that the Client HP can go all the way down to -200 before you actually die. Basically, youā€™re immortal. People who think that Autonexus isnā€™t broken should reconsider.
  2. Autoaim: Actually this seems like the least broken to me, because it felt more reliable to just attack manually anyway.
  3. Large Screen: This is also arguably less broken, because it just increases the FOV. However, an example of a notable thing this allows you to do is teleport over to the bridge in Shatters even when itā€™s closed. It circumvents an anti-leeching method and also allows long teleports, giving an advantage while rushing. (I observed the teleporting from a guildmate. My hint as to who he is: has dragged in PTrain and is a White Star.)
  4. Reconnect: This is pretty annoying. Oh, melee only tomb? Nope, some random guy leaves and reconnects as a wizard, and proceeds to make that tomb the dirtiest one Iā€™ve ever seen ever. (I had to nexus because I suck at melee tombs lmfao)
  5. Autoloot: Fairly annoying. I usually end up trying to pick up HP pots in Oryx but never do because some hacker just zooms past without being slowed and ninjaā€™s the HP pot from right under my cursor.
  6. Antistatus? (Idk what itā€™s actually called): Pretty broken. Getting constant damage in Tombs without fear of weakens, however Iā€™ve noticed that people get DCā€™d when they donā€™t get slowed or weakened a lot.

(This client didnā€™t have noclip, and although Iā€™m sure it had instatrade, I didnā€™t actually try it out.)

Overall, fairly game breaking and quite annoying to other players, but the one thing Iā€™ve noticed the client had that I believe should be in normal RotMG is a complete lack of client lag. I honestly donā€™t know why, but my performance using the client was wayyy better than on normal Flash Projector. (I had constant 30 frames.) So out of all of the features that hacks may have, I think antilag measures should be the ones implemented in the actual games. On a more final note, hereā€™s a list of the reasons why the client may or may not have lagged less:

1. It didnā€™t have particles for every time an enemy got hit.
  2. Only displayed damage dealt by yourself.
  3. Lack of particles from other players
  4. Less ā€œthingsā€ on the screen in general.

Now Iā€™m intrigued: couldnā€™t Deca ā€œlearnā€ from these hacked clients and implement the stuff that reduces lag? Should they? Would they?

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Havenā€™t they already done that with the experimental menu? At least to some degree.

Yes, but apparently thereā€™s more that can be done. Sure, the three options we have on the experimental menu already help a lot, but itā€™s not enough for some people, me included. Thatā€™s precisely why Iā€™m asking: they already showed us itā€™s possible to turn off some unnecessary features to reduce lag, so why not go the whole way through and allow us to disable all the things?

Not defending hacking, but I donā€™t get how doing this is bad for other people.

Although you could do some trolling in a lodā€¦

Forced easier game

This player is too funny XD

IDK, they donā€™t condone the use of these clients, and very few people (like me) come out to talk about using hacks at all. Everyone usually says ā€œOf course, I donā€™t use hacksā€ and specifics into what hacks actually do are usually ignored.

In any case, I canā€™t be too sure as to why the client lagged so much less than Flash Projector. Theyā€™d have to dismantle the code itself and isolate possible causes as to why it lags so little.

EDIT: Itā€™s not like experimental menu, I could still see enemy and player shots. I think less lag could be attributed only displaying the enemyā€™s health rather than how much damage is being done to the enemy.

Itā€™s hard, but it can be done. Or canā€™t it?

Once they find what else hacked clients do to reduce lag, just add more options to the experimental menu.

I donā€™t know, maybe Iā€™m just salty from all the lag.

Oh and the lag Iā€™m talking about is client lag, not server lag. Itā€™s the kind of lag youā€™d get when a bunch of people spellbomb a single enemy at once. (just clarifying)

Thatā€™s called reverse engineering, which is perfectly acceptable to do to illegal, unlicensed software.

How does the lab 2nd boss hack thing work? Iā€™ve never seen it done, nor have I tried it with a trickster. I would assume you just run through the wall with no-clip?

trickster and rogue can teleport to black tile areas

Wait why donā€™t all the rogues do this in lab then?

its a cheat

Wait so with the cheat you can tp to black tile places you mean? Or can you no clip through the wall to the black tiles.

Thanks!