Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

Personally…hacking ruins the game’s unique mechanics, as others have most likely said before.

About to be torn to shreds? Wham, auto-nexus, you’re safe even if you should’ve died.

In a way too dangerous situation in a dungeon? Whoosh, auto-nexus, reconnect, try again to still get loot you should not have gotten due to your poor management of controlling the situation you were in.

Can’t seem to get good damage on fast-moving enemies? Boom, auto-aim, always hit every shot, meaning you could, in some situations, get damage in you could not have gotten with your own aim.

Always lag behind in Sprite Worlds, can’t seem to teleport correctly? Don’t worry, just use noclip and bypass any chance of having some fun time with the moving tiles, instead ignoring their effect, making the dungeon nothing more than a Spider Den.

Have such a low amount of patience you can’t wait, like, 5 seconds? Here, auto-trade. Now you’re no longer limited by your own flaws that you should learn to accept over the course of your life.

The average human reaction speed is about 0.2 seconds. Practice helps you lower this number; but of course, flaws aren’t your cup of tea when it comes to humane things, so you just decrease it to less than 0.1.

Hacking definitively is changing and taping into game code, this happens when:
-Auto-aim detects enemy sprites
-Changes in-game stat nullability (anti debuff)
-views players’ inventory without trade
-etc…

People have reason to dislike hacks as much as it doesn’t directly impact them though. Everyone sociologically becomes unsatisfied when someone else benefits well over them or others without directly bettering the overall experience. There is specifically more hate for these hacks because it is exclusively disallowed by the game creators. It’s human nature for people to boycott the priority of the already fortunate to thrive even more. If everyone had access to hacks, no one would complain.

Longways, what I’m trying to say that hacks are bad if you want them to be.

According to my friends, there are three places and key binds you can use reconnect with, realm (they usually use it to grab inc when it is closed, no real harm), dungeon ( steal people’s loot who have to be more careful), and vault, to just get to vault quicker.

Wait, you mean people whose loot is stolen should be more careful…?

No, for example in a Shatters, hackers can just run by and survive by a hair because they know they have auto nexus and reconnect, while legit players have to be careful to not lose their char and not nexus.

Ok good.

Agreed. Sometimes I couldn’t care less, such as if someone skips the coils and hacks to Horrific Creation, in fact that just saves me time but it is against the TOS and often when someone is using them they are also a pathological liar using them because they don’t have the balls to play legitimately. If someone is in an dungeon, they try to rush and fail, they don’t deserve to come back to leech and steal my loot. As I saw here it lets them get undeserving loot while screwing us over.

Plus avatar sitters and other “trolls”

yeah, it sucks. except that the video the guy probably isn’t hacking

Well, you kinda just answered your own question by acknowledging you DO know what a hack is, so I’m not wasting my time defining what it is like you asked us to. Therefore, it wouldn’t take a genius to figure you know “why it’s so bad”, but just to access the denial part of your brain, hacks make a superman out of a man. Would it be fair for one person to take performance enhancing drugs while the other doesn’t in any given sport? [quote=“Pokemonha, post:1, topic:3342”]
Auto nexus is just increasing your reaction speed
[/quote], while the remaining players are left alone with their normal human reaction speeds. Right…

I used to be consistently #2-3 on this list (as seen below), but after a hack that was released that let players acquire quest completes automatically through a Auto Key Script, I saw the number of people skyrocketing. They accumulate Tiles Uncovered on top of that. A couple of those private accounts weren’t private before I PM’d them asking how they jumped up so fast. They have a ridiculous amount of quests complete on ONE death if you look at their graveyards. But, yea, I can’t compete with these, much like I can’t compete with P2W players, so I just laissez-faire it, and let everyone be, while I do me. So-long, cooperative play.

oh, perfect lead into people getting undeserved recognition
a certain someone from ASE with a female name has a white star… i’ve caught them reconnecting at oryx castle… i’ve hung out at the spawn spot of tombs and whenever i see someone disappear and nexus immediately in the beginning as soon as screen loads, they’re almost always likely to reincarnate as a diff character… seen a lotta yellow stars do this
lucky for them, i don’t name-drop or rat/report… i just call them out

a what what what?

Cause it gives an unfair advantage to certain players. One thing you didn’t mention was no DEBUFFS! This is huge. In FFA tombs, crystals, etc. Hackers have a HUGE unfair advantage for SB. And all of the other hacks make it easier for some players. This isn’t fair, we should all have to try to get good characters and progress through the game on an even playing field.

Well at the end check it out, statakaka is nailing the chest and the knight fucking noclips having done zero work and steals his loot lol

same result, but the guy could have just turned off his internet and walked through.

>scamming is a hack
>dragging is a hack

Quest completes aren’t about getting quest items and turning them in at the tinkerer, quest completes are about killing quest monsters.

Though that might be what you meant, with the AHK script being something like walking through the tutorial and killing evil chickens.

typo, was falling asleep typing that.

Hacking is anything that isn’t in the vanilla game. According to DECA

Lol where do they say this?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.