Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

I thought the point of RotMG, or any game for that matter, is to have fun. When you use hacks, it takes all the fun out of it. You take the challenge out playing RotMG. Plus I play RotMG daily for like 1+ hour(s) and I still maintain straight A’s. But maybe it’s just me?

different people have different methods of having fun, some people enjoy people calling them hackers or destroying everything in their path

Yeah, I guess. It all depends on perspective and opinion right?

(This is completely off topic.) First time replying + I’m only in middle school, so don’t bother me about being mature and stuff like that.

They might know they are worse, but a random (relatively) new player won’t know that. They will think you are pro and treat you as such.

What cheaters (and some legit players) don’t seem to understand is that if people use shortcuts to get further in the game (hacks, but also fametraining) it lowers the value of being good.

If a cheating player reaches 8/8 a week earlier than a legit player would with the same level of skill and attributes(reaction speed, speed of learning, etc), it means there are more 8/8 players than there should be, and if more people reach a level of accomplishment, the accomplishment loses value.

A good example of this is the white star. Because you can get a white star really quickly if you use the fame train(a shortcut), the value of a white star has dropped dramatically.
It is no longer a clear indication of skill.
A legit player who spent a lot of time and effort getting that coveted white star will no longer be looked up to as much as he would have been looked up to if there were no fame train.

This devaluation is what makes getting an unfair advantage over other players something that impacts those players.
It works the same way inflation works. The more “pro” people there are, the less people will care and the less rewarding it will be.

Yes, inflation does happen normally, but what cheaters do is printing their own money. And I don’t think I have to explain why that is wrong.

Poll: Do you respect hackers?
Why is there such a stigma against fame farming?

Lol just wait 8hr it happens to me all the time

Oh shoot thank goodness. I thought you were like a sophmore-junior taking ap’s with straight A’s, plus playing 1+ hrs. a day. I’m in 10th grade.

But the problem is that there is no money. Sure there is the “I’m a white star yay!” currency. But nothing is actually happening. I’m not trying to defend hacking, but to counter your false arguments. Those which aren’t false are fine, but I don’t like the ones which make no sense.

There’s also the “I’m somewhat good at the game being maxed and wearing tops!” currency, and respect from that and respect for your rank are pretty much the only kinds of anonymous respect you get in RotMG.

The “feeling good because I’m doing well and people are looking up to me” currency is the currency you wish to obtain by cheating.

Hey Poke,

There’s a lot of people going against you right now so I just wanted to take the time to thank you for taking the other side, even when pretty much everyone is arguing against you.

I’d take a break from this discussion if I were you, because I would personally get super tired even from a practical standpoint - you have two hands typing vs. at least five different pairs of hands (I can type at 100 WPM, notice me senpai!).

But up to you! (I really need to finish my English jeez)

ahhhh!!![quote=“CptShevu, post:93, topic:3342”]
I’d say if you want to play RotMG but take big shortcuts and/or hack, play [ pserver]or some other private server.
[/quote]

pls remove, we arent allowed saying the name of that pserver, or else it gets flagged

Yes, but over the half the time I’ve been in Sprites with no-clippers, they have used it to disable me. I get that not all hackers try to be douche canoes, but I’ve have certainly run into my fair share.[quote=“Pokemonha, post:53, topic:3342”]
The point I was trying to make was that for the haters who cannot tolerate people hacking, no matter what kind of hacks, then learn to live with it. Either that or quit the game, hence leave.
[/quote]

Yes, I understand exactly what you meant. And I’m still saying that I think that’s way out of line. If it wasn’t implemented by the developers, then you shouldn’t use it, and you certainly shouldn’t try to turn it around by saying players who dislike hackers should quit. The hackers are the ones who should try something else like (it’s been brought to my attention that I’m not allowed to say the N-word, but you get what I mean.) Most p-servers are WAY easier than prod; you get loot dropped left and right.

But also, like I said before, if you hack in secret, or join guilds with people who tolerate hacking, feel free to do it. It’s not really bad to me until a legit player has a problem with it.

Thanks for the heads up.

*When the “plantiff” has between 0-1 likes on his whine posts, and the “defendant” has 6-12 likes on each well thought out response*

Thank you, it really is tiring when its me versus everyone. But at least there is no negative karma, like reddit, so I can keep doing this as long as I want. I meant this as a thought provoking discussion, and it definitely is provoking lots of thoughts.

*When the “plaintiff” is deliberately trying to question how we think, and the “defendant” is just restating the already known*

OH? we should think selfishly?

Wait, where did selfish come in to this?

except pretend “the joke” is labeled, “the point”

MFW i win Warrior Jackpot

no there are too many comments from me