Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

1. Auto-Loot: Don’t really care bc of soulbound, it’s fine for that, but I hate it when there are certain chests that drop stuff and the hackers take them first. ARGH.
  2. Auto-Nexus: Meh, don’t really care
  3. Reconnect: OKAY THAT’S SHIT. So when some guy leaves cause he almost died and is bummed because of a cland mistake and doesn’t want to die, and suddenly mister hacker has the whole dungeon to himself. Not a big fan.
  4. No-Clipper: Especially hate because of nexus bots that take stuff that you drop, and what Unicorn said about the whole noclip and intentional kill and troll thing. That’s basically taking away someone’s hard earned work because you feel like an ass.
  5. Anti-Debuff: No comment, as anyone can go around it as time goes on, as long as it is a visual/keyboard thingy debuff and not something like quiet.

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

Ok so a couple things.

1. yeah all the good stuff is sb, everything else isn’t that good
  2. yup, doesn’t affect
  3. The only bad use is when someone quits and rc’s and then takes your loot. If its by yourself and you do it, then its not that bad
    4)No clip? Nexus bots? isn’t no clip the walk through wall hack.
    5)This is probably worst, as there are hacks for no armor broken (oryx) and no quiet, no bleeding, no paralyze.

The only comment you should have to read to relate it’s bad is stupidity’s

What if I want to drop the pots and old tops I don’t need on the ground for the newbies? Should the cheaters get all of that?

Again: it does affect you, since it prevents you from learning how and when to take risks and how and when to nexus.

Again: how can you learn from your mistakes when you bypass the consequences completely? How can you learn how to play every class when you just always reconnect to the easiest one to play in your current situation?

Bots also have it, especially auto-looting bots since teleporting no longer works in nexus.

Thank you for your invaluable contribution. Truly, this thread would not be the same without you.

Not to mention the amount of sacrifices the devs have had to take to counter hacking/cheating.

Removed tp in nexus.

Had us only be able to enter dungeons that spawned 24 tiles away.

Added a 2 minute delay before we can teleport after changing server

Killed off un nameds

Made it so we can’t get Exp for enimies that other enemies spawn

And more

the game would have more freedom and overall be a better experience without them cheating selfish players

Killing off un-nameds was sad for me.
Had a very nice NPE account and it was always awesome when people were ‘wow this guy has great stuff!’

And then multiboxing came, and immediately I get accused of multiboxing because I have good equips.

I know I’m being super selfish, and that they did it for the game as a whole, but :C

theres an insta-bot on most servers, which uses speed hacks to steal dropped pots and other valuable items

Do you know why we had unnamed accounts, in the first place?
It’s because the game used to be like those .io ones, where you log in and play, directly, no effort. Helped attracting players a bit, I guess.
Creating your account was an option, until Kabam removed that function and made it mandatory to create one in order to play.

Unnameds are useless since then - I’m talking years. New players may start playing and have no idea why the hell they can’t get decent loot (info: unnamed accounts can’t get soulbound loot). White names should be extinct.

Now that is fucking sad. Probably one of the things that make me the most disappointed in any game is people milking money out of it. It’s a mango peach grape honeydew user doing that, he stated that he has already made some great profits because he has bots in all servers or something like that. Also, I am 100% sure that people still multibox in private dungeons to farm for potions for their RWT sites.

ohhh… true…

but cant they just dupe?

Well, dupe methods aren’t easy to find, that’s why I think that’s less presumable.

Still, multiboxing with a lot of accounts will give you tons of wealth in no time. Scripts coded to automatically store boxed items and whatever else to make the process faster will grant them even more and easier profit.

Didn’t Deca make it so unnamed accounts can’t get loot anymore? That’d make the whole affair a lot riskier, as any random person walking in on you could lead you to lose everything.

You can search dungeons normally with a solo account and then, once you’re in, make a program connect all your boxer accounts to that one. You can always watch as someone goes in and log them all off at the same time, making it almost riskless.

Real anti-boxing server measures need to be taken.
Tbh I’d already be pretty happy if they managed to remove all the stupid free advertisement these sites get over the game chat itself. That would already help a lot.

Haha, I love you Stu, I read the last line and chuckled because I could probably name a good chunk of those people.

Related to the topic I personally have never agreed with the level and intensity of hate towards hackers. I can understand why people don’t agree with it and might not want to play with someone that hacks, but I will never understand the “acceptable” harassment and hate towards them. Just report them if you feel that strongly and move on, there isn’t a need for a scene nor harassing them.

I will also acknowledge hackers a big contribution to why so many events/bosses get steamrolled, it’s because so many people who should of died have avoided it due to the “luxury” of hacks. It’s still not worth the energy some people put into hacker hate, but I can see that being pretty aggrivating(seriously, do I even get SB on hermit I can’t tell anymore).

Last thing I will say and this isn’t a justification but me providing a different light to understand why someone might hack. As someone who has played the game for a very long time, this game is no longer a “challenge” or a “thrill”, it’s literally a game I play to relax, zone out, or just avoid all kinds of stress. I know you can say that about any game, but this game for me is paticularly special. I’ve played it for years, I’ve made good friends from it, had great memories and it’s helped me get through some shit. So when I play it, I kind of tap into some nostalgia that gives me peace of mind.

With that being said, I could totally see why someone might use a client. Someone who doesn’t care about being “flashy”, doesn’t care necessarily about always getting loot, someone who just wants to pop on and be able to play without anything upsetting happening.

I’d go more into it, sorry if it’s a ramble, I’ve learned from years of being in the ROTMG community discussions are never fun from the otherside of popular or accepted opinions and usually just a waste of time.

I do NOT hack and I do NOT condone hacking either. This is just my opinion on it and nothing more.

I have not read any of the previous comments but I’ll go ahead and share my look on hacking. Everything I say will be my opinion and mine alone. Unless of course you feel the same way I do on the matter.

Talking about the anti-debuff, autoaim, etc. kind of hack and not the account theft kind, hacking doesn’t make you a bad guy. I really don’t care what you say to that but it doesn’t. It may be unethical and publicly looked down on but it doesn’t make you a bad guy. Do I think you should hack? Definitely not! Do I think you should be perma-banned for being curious? Why should you?

I’ve always been against perma-bans. Sure, a perma-ban will teach someone not to do what they did again but what’s the point of learning a lesson if you can’t use what you learned? The point of punishment should be to make a better person out of whoever you are punishing. If you are caught hacking you should be given a temp-ban and watched closely when they are allowed to play the game again. If you hack again then, and only then, should you be permanently banned. This doesn’t just apply to hacking either. It should apply to everything that would normally trigger a permanent ban (unless we’re talking about bot accounts. It wouldn’t make sense to unban an account that isn’t being controlled by someone).

I believe that everyone deserves a second chance no matter how bad their crime was. Even murder can be forgiven, OJ still hasn’t been punished for what he did and has he killed anyone else since then?

I do NOT hack and I do NOT condone hacking either. This is just my opinion on it and nothing more.

This is how it works already @Etahn

No but he killed people? so screw him…

All of it was nice, and I liked the way you shared your opinion, but the stuff at the end was a little sketchy. Ofc OJ isn’t going to kill anyone, he probably had a guard 25/8 watching him with a gun. He does anything and he’s going to die.

Many people have already replied to this, however I would just like to voice my own personal opinion.

I know many people who do small hacks just to “save time” in the game. Fame trainers and whatever. There are people who use scripts like weapon switching (which I think should be a part of the game anyway but thats another story) and auto anchor. All in all my opinion is you can modify the game in any way you want if it makes you happy, but be prepared to face the consequences. There are rules that clearly dictate what you can and cannot do so if you still cross those lines, you obviously don’t even care about the game very much to begin with.

Personally, I don’t even find the use in hacking because the only reason I can’t stop playing this game is it’s difficult and perms-death aspect. Hacking would take all the fun out of it for me.

But why would they spend that much time and money on a game they’re not actually playing and will never truly experience nor enjoy, when they could simply look for another game where the base experience is better suited to their personal tastes and never have to bother with all the hacking bullshit?

Calling something “popular or accepted” isn’t enough to prove it wrong. If you don’t come with actual logical arguments as to why the doxa is shit, then you’re just going to make yourself look like some hipster contrarian.

Then go for it. You might not drastically change everyone else’s perspective, but that doesn’t automatically make your contribution worthless.

It’s not about ethics or morals, it’s about logic. If you can’t find a logical reason why cheating should be allowed, then there is no reason for the community to tolerate cheaters.

I would also argue that a lot of cheaters end up behaving like complete assholes and I’d say that might have a lot to do with cheating being a completely selfish attitude: if they don’t give a fuck about the rest of the community to begin with, then they’re not going to be nice to them.

lmao cheating in some video game isn’t the same as a crime (if only because it’s not described as a crime in the law, unless of course you live in South Korea).

You’re still mostly right though: cheaters are generally kids or manchildren, it’s not like they have the maturity and intelligence to be downright evil. Giving them too harsh a punishment would be extremely petty and counterproductive.

In this entire thread people have not truly mentioned what hacking really does…

In late 2013-early 2014 I used a hacked client. I was caught and banned for a month but that’s beside the point. People try to cover up how overpowered hacks are, I was unable to get more than 1 8/8 or 2 6/8s at a time without hacks, yet with hacks I managed to get 5 8/8s and 9 6/8s as well as over 7.5k base for quite a long period of time.

I got EXTREMELY rich to the point where I could instantly max 14 6/8s just off of life I’d accumulated on mules, this was because I never died without debuffs and autonexus. After I got banned and played legit (ty kabam btw, made life so much more fun) it took me over a year before I got to that point again.

Hacking is overpowered and a hacker can get at least 5 times as rich in a game that is very much reliant on its trading aspect and comparing wealth.

I think people who get really overpowered with hacks are people who would be fine playing without them, they’re not the majority of cheaters.

I mean fuck, I’ve met people who used both a modified client and a Divine pet at the same time and still couldn’t make it past 1k base on a character.