Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

The problem is anything less is essentially a free pass to cheats. If the worst that can happen is a warning of first offence then what’s the disincentive? Cheat as much as you like, you will be warned and so able to stop before you are banned.

So perma-bans are clear messages to cheats. If you are caught you can be banned, suddenly and permanently. There is no excuse for not knowing this, it’s in the TOS and there are many warnings elsewhere, on forums such as this and in game.

Permabans are not the solution. I use myself as an example, a temporary yet harsh 1 month ban made me devalue hacking completely, I’d rather play the game I love than get permabanned.

Obviously there are bad people/players who just will never stop hacking, and it’s those that will require permabans the 2nd time, but to catch them a 2nd time means they need a better way to catch hackers than just community proof.

Then don’t cheat. There are no excuses, the warnings are clear, and are given many times in many ways.

ROTMG is different, as a Free to Play game. A retail game is on less firm grounds banning players, as they have paid. No problem here, you get a full refund of your $0 on being excluded.

Yes, some people pay, but probably very few cheats do as the two things (cheating and paying) are two different ways of getting ahead/gaining advantage, while those who have paid are much less likely to cheat for fear of losing their investment.

I said crime in this sentence because I went on to use the OJ example. Which was a little corny.

And you think I would still have used hacks if I could make the decision now? Do remember this is nearly 3 years ago now, I started doing it because I was frustrated with the learning curve being too steep.

In order to be good at this game you’ll need a minimal of 2 years to experience every kind of death, and due to me dying on 6/8s and 8/8s over and over I started. That’s something DECA should look into as well but obviously it will never happen.

I can’t change the past, I hacked, and perhaps you should not be criticizing me for having done so and stopped, despite it taking a ban. The ones that should be criticized are the plentiful group that are all the way in the top 1% (not counting fame just general skill/respect gained) yet are still hacking even though they could easily do without.

:stuck_out_tongue: Two years? I haven’t died to Oryx, Forgotten King, Septavious (f**k you lava, taking my 1/8 pally) and that doesn’t mean I’m automatically bad cause I haven’t died to every single enemy. Also, DECA didn’t design the game, as far as I know making sewers was an attempt to implement something (not the main point of its making of course), they are still learning it’s code and trying to keep up with the player base expectations as well as having to deal with hackers.

Yeah, but we’re not discussing how rich you can get from hacking. We’re discussing the repercussions of hacking, no matter how rich you are. But thanks for your opinion.

Lol 2 things I thought were wrong, but the rest were good. Nobody who hacks spends money. If they do then they’re definitely doing something wrong. The excepted ways are either spend money but play legit, or spend no money and hack. Some people hack in order to make up for the divine pets people ptw’ed for. And lol the part about people behaving like a*******. I met a hacker other day, and he was going to quit the game. So he gave away all his stuff, and the account itself (without hax) to someone in his guild who needed stuff. That might not be everyone, but its definitely a start on the right path.

That’s the attraction of the game. It’s how it works and you learn it very early on, the first time you take your noob self into godlands if not earlier. You die, you lose everything, you start over again. And again. And again. If that does not appeal to you find another game. So no, it’s not going to be fixed as it’s not broken.

This fact came form a ungodly place a fell, Tons of people that hack also spend money.

All i see is bad grammar and anecdotal evidence being used as arguments.

Arguing against RMGnoob is like trying to become an astronaut. You need to have at least half a brain.

Nice, I’m not even insulted anymore.

Look! I found a relic from the ancient Shatter. Do we have any archaeologists around here who can tell me what it is supposed to mean? I can’t decipher the ancient text.

hmm can you not read? not hard to see I meant “I feel”

but thanks for being a dick man :slight_smile:

First off, I could not tell that at all. a fell looks nothing like I feel. And I’m learning from @Trofimowen how to insult people! Next thing on the list is to insult someone when they compliment me! But seriously I couldn’t read it, srry if I insulted you.

… i would insult you on your immaturity, but i know the only cure is time.

… i would insult you on your age, but i know the only cure is time. But wait, you’re already 20 years old. Isn’t that the median age in white america?

wat

Soz if you didn’t get it, might want to retake high school. I’m guessing you’re in 12th grade or older.

… says the stupid one!1!!1!1!

xDDdDDDDdDDdddD

… like ur mum!!1!11!11

xdDDdDddDDDDDDDD