Defining Hacking, and why is it so bad?

Lol I’m afraid ur wrong. RMG is always savage

I really do appreciate you stating that i was whining when i was simply stating my opinion just like the rest on this point. Meanwhile you are over there, doing the exact same thing that you are bashing me for, whining. You literally wrote an essay to me about my opinion, whining about my opinion being wrong, not giving the right arguments, saying what i think instead of saying why you should tolerate my friends for hacking, i mean come on dude, dont you have something better to do when telling me to take an argument YOU started into private messages?

Your opinion on US elections or on me as a person have no place in this thread.

Projection.

Yes yes, we can all see how very upset that has made you. Now perhaps you want to address any specific points in said essay?

wat

Could you rephrase that please?

I didn’t start this thread and I didn’t force you to come here and write a post. This is a public forum, I’m just one of its members and I’m trying to have a debate here.

Now you can either contribute to the debate, or go make your own blog somewhere.

RMG always writes essay pls don’t think that ur special

Yea you are right, sorry :confused:

Will do, ill send you a PM once its up and you can come comment on that aswell!

The table was 100% right, sorry I had no idea that hackers would put money into a game. I’ve hacked on other games previously (not on Rotmg), but never have I spent money and hacked. The second part was a little too unexplained, no reasons why I’m wrong, just stated that I was wrong. Third part I clearly said [quote=“Pokemonha, post:133, topic:3342”]
That might not be everyone, but its definitely a start on the right path.
[/quote]
I know that it might not be everyone, and I accept that its rare, but its still a good thing that at least one person in RotMG can be nice.

Third part was kinda good but some of it was wrong. I didn’t understand half the stuff about paralzed detection and that, but if you look at the first 3 sentences, can’t you say the same thing for 8/8’s with divine pets? Rush through everything, ignore all enemies because you can just tank, and your pet will heal you. And what did you mean by flame expoited?

You forgot auto-loot. I think that everything else is fine. Auto-loot messes up the game so bad.
I used to hack and had auto-loot on. I got doombow, par hp, and a katana, and it picked up the ring and katana first, filling up my inventory and the dbow glitched from the game. That happened with a cutlass too.
ALSO
In things like the UDL event where it drops skins, it makes the game boring as hell. There’s no skin hype when there’s a autolooter around.

I GAVE UP ON HACKING.

After a while of cheaters fucking up the game, Kabam devs decided to finally address the issue by enhancing cheater detection on the servers. Basically what this does is try to detect if you’re less affected by status effects than you should be and kick you out of the game if you look too much like a cheater with anti-debuffs on.

Problem being that, like most things Kabam, that update was janky as fuck. Nowadays, when you’re stunned you can’t use any ability that does damage, because it simply won’t register and the server boots you out if you try spamming, because it thinks that “doing damage while stunned=impossible for legit players”, meaning that you can get disconnected while doing Bes rage or Mad Lab without using any hacks.
Another dumb side effect is that the anti-paralyze detection is even buggier. I’ve gotten disconnected from a Tomb I was rushing on Ninja because the server didn’t understand I was permaspeedy and thought I travelled too many tiles per minutes despite getting paralyzed by a Turret at some point.

I don’t have any sympathy for brats who throw all of their parents’ income on a video game to satisfy their ego and/or their inferiority complex, but at the very least they are giving money to the devs that directly goes to supporting the game, making them effectively less damaging than cheaters by comparison.

EDIT: just to clarify, I’m not saying everyone who uses a Divine pet is an egotistical brat, just that some players with Divine pets have shitty behaviors because they’re just dumb kids trying to look relevant.

Also (and this applies to real life as well), just because somebody else is acting shitty doesn’t give you an excuse to act shitty too. “Other people are doing it” just makes you look like you can’t take responsibility for your own actions and are trying to deflect the blame on to somebody else.

All arguments that try to downplay the effects of hackers and even place them in a good light present evidence that’s purely anecdotal. These arguments should be swiftly dismissed. It is a fact that cheating is by definition, unfair and against the rules, and all cheaters recognize that they are unfairly breaking these rules.

I don’t care if someone pulled you out of a burning house also happened to use a hacked client in RotMG. It says nothing about people who hack, and doesn’t justify it in any way.

Aside from the breaking the rules part. We already know that’s wrong, but we’re discussing other reasons why its bad. Don’t just bring up the same topic that others have brought up, and that we all know already.

I’m not sure you understand. Hacking is wrong because it’s against the rules made by the owners of the game.

If the use of any kind of ‘hacked’ client was fine by DECA, then everyone would use clients, including me. Using hacked clients is bad only because it breaks rules. There are no other reasons for why hacking is bad. Any reason other than “it breaks DECA’s rules” can be debated heavily on with respect to discussions in philosophy and morality, and is not a real valid reason, because nothing is universally good or bad.

Do you smell that?
It’s the burden of proof.

So if what you are saying is true. Then how was everything Adolf Hitler did, good in some way?

Personally, I don’t think that hackers have much advantage over normal players. As discussed above, no clip only works in Nexus, Sprite World and also Ice Cave, and auto-nexus cant exactly save you from a stone mage stack shot or oryx shotgun. Basically, the only hacks that can give slight advantage are fullscreen, no debuff and projectile no clip . Fullscreen can let you see about 3-4 times as many tiles as others, no debuff can block debuffs (but may get you disconnected) and projectile no clip allows one to shoot through walls, hence being a great help in shatters.

deca cracked down on multis alreadly. and, as a multi once told me when i ranted at him/her, “we count as x individual characters, so sometimes i get 8 pbags”

[quote=“BroooMC, post:178, topic:3342”]
Do you smell that?
It’s the burden of proof.

So if what you are saying is true. Then how was everything Adolf Hitler did, good in some way?
[/quote]That’s not relevant. Good and bad are not bound by perspective, morals, anything. They’re just words. I’m sure that someone somewhere could list several “positive” effects from Hitler’s reign, but whether something is morally good or bad cannot be “proven”.

I don’t understand how people keep using this as “justification” for being accepting of hacking. Even if you aren’t in this context, I feel that this needs to be said:

There is no “fair” advantage here. Any advantage gained through hacks by definition is unfair. Draw a solid, clear line somewhere, like what devs do with rules. Don’t leave grey areas or draw faint squiggly lines that accomodate for some if your personal leniencies and not others, because if we all drew our own moral squiggly lines there would be no laws and no civilization. Accept this and you will accept that all cheating is punishable no matter how far it crosses the line.

That would only be true if you could somehow completely sever all ties with humanity and achieve godhood. As long as you are human, there will be things that are unequivocally bad for you. There are a number of bases that will always be necessary to keep humanity alive and maintain a functioning human society. It’s possible to ponder things using a relativist mindset, but it’s impossible to actually live as a relativist.

Then nobody would still be playing this game. If hacking was allowed and not stopped in any way, then the skiddies could do whatever they want, like give themselves admin powers. And just like any pserv, it’d be fun for about 5 minutes then it’d just get utterly boring.

Relativism

I think pretty much all of the hacks that exist have a negative effect in some way towards those who don’t cheat. I’m presenting an alternate argument directed at the stubborn people who believe that a hack may exist that has a non-negative effect on legit players, and that hack is not “bad” even if it breaks DECA’s rules.

I agree. I was presenting an absurd situation that would never happen to support my previous point: that all hacks, regardless of their “goodness or badness” are punishable because and only because they are prohibited by DECA, the owners of the game.

As I’ve been saying in this thread, they also have a negative effect towards those who do cheat, in the sense that hacks prevent them from truly experiencing this game and also possibly from simply moving on and finding a game better suited to their playstyle.

Wait, so on one hand you say that hacks being bad is a purely arbitrary decision by the devs, but on the other hand you admit that decision isn’t actually arbitrary and is based on what’s good for the game as a whole?

This is getting confusing.

What I’m saying is that the people’s agreement that states the line should not be crossed, is arbitrary. However, where the devs place the line is not arbitrary.

The devs decide what is punishable, and it happens that, in this phenomenon of similar interests, the players recognize that the devs make rules for the betterment of the game, and that DECA’s view of a better game is consistent with that of the players’. This recognization, combined with a trust that DECA will make good and sound decisions to achieve this similar interest, leads to the fact that all players should follow the laws laid out by their devs.