Demon Slayer Knight

Normally I don’t post here on REF, especially major things such as cosmetics. However, I thought that I’d share this skin (again, you may have seen this twice on r/rotmg making this your third time seeing this). The skin is based off of the classic Doom Guy from Id Software’s 1993 version of DooM.

Demon Slayer Knight
Class: Knight (of course)
Description: A man who’s literally too angry to die! Perhaps it’s because he can’t get any white bags?

~You can stop reading here if you’d like. More below~

I had made this skin back in July, and posted it early October, in preparation of Halloween, and a second time on 12/10/2018, which was DooM 1’s 25th birthday. Now with DooM Eternal coming out this year, I thought I would get into the spirit and post again!

The skin in it’s final product template (big):

Skin in standard format:

Dye Mask (Red = Large, Green = Small)

Dye Mask (with silhoutte):

Thanks for viewing! Here’s to 25, soon to be 26 years of ripping and tearing!

Reference pictures:

Edit(s):
-Fixed embarrassing misdate
-Added images that I used for reference

Damn this skin is hot

Thanks! That means a lot to me, considering this is one of my 1st good quality creations.

in one of the frames its 11 pixels long :\

Are you referring to the sideways attack? I thought that the sideways attack frame was an 8x16 compared to the standard 8x8, because otherwise classes such as staff classes wouldn’t fit into their frames properly

idk fam just sayin xd

What is he swinging?

@Leohe It’s a chainsaw. It took me a couple times to get it the way I wanted it to look (blade length/width, shading). I took the time to try and make it look similar to the chainsaw from DooM, which was the yellow-ish body, and a broad blade (Decided to add blood/gore to the blade for extra effect).

Edit(s):
-Fixed small typo
-Added an @ because I don’t think I hit reply

You’re big, which means you have BIG GUTS

RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS

Damn, now that I know what it is, it’s very nice. My only suggestions would be too possibly change the main color of the skin (which is currently green) because it doesn’t really fit with the name. Very nice

The reason I used green is because I wanted to stick as close as possible to the original appearance of DooM guy, which was a steel gray helmet, a piece of green body armor that only covered the upper body, black gloves, and pants that are a darker shade of green.

I probably should have put the reference images with the actual post itself, because I feel like that it may be a tad confusing if you don’t understand the reference at first. However, if you see the pictures that I used for reference (whether or not you understand the base reference), I personally feel that it comes out as a rather cool skin.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.