Determining how many shots of type X that an enemy fires?

Since I’m pretty sure it doesn’t show in the xmls, what’s the best way to find out how many shots an enemy shoots? More specifically I’m looking for those 360 shots (i.e. when limon is paralyzed, when a boss dies and explodes, ice sphere). Any better way than recording, and counting the visibly distinct shots afterwards?

That method works fine for most things, I’m just wondering how many of the blue shots the Sentinel fires (the shots that make boomerang half circle).

without using some sort of sketchy modified client that will detect those sorts of things for you, I’m pretty sure recording is the best option. the most accurate way would be to look at the Shoot behavior in the xml files, but they don’t show up on static.drips.pw

my guess is “too many”.

now that I think about it, if you were one of those peope who got a creator’s ring from public testing that one time deca forgot to remove those things from the mystery box shop, you could equip one and sit on the sentinel. then record yourself and watch how much your hp drops and divide that by how much damage the shots do, which does appear on static.drips.pw. even if you had one of those though, you’d have to wait for the next public testing session and idk when that would be.

beyond that though, I think you’re out of luck. you might be able to try counting the shadows of the projectiles instead of the projectiles themselves, but if there’s too many of them that won’t work either.

Dang, I was wondering if it was possible sans-oreo to survive a full shotgun. Maybe I’ll beg one you closed testers to record for me and try that creator ring strat.

I usually just count.

Or just see how much damage an individual projectile deals and then just sit on the enemy and work it out from there.

that sounds only a little unwise.

Only a little :grin:

the creators ring regenerates health so fast you wont be able to see your health drop on the hp bar
you should know that xak :wink:

As uniquorn can backup, piggby managed to die with one in a shatters during the assassin ST testing bout.

wtf how

probably sick

literally 100,000 HP

how tf

Well I know that now, since I ended up trying it myself

Went AFK for a little bit on top of the wizard boss guy.

pretty sure that’s not possible. after rechecking the numbers to find out how many shots the sentinel couldn’t be firing since the creator’s hp didn’t budge (turns out it’s about how many it would take to dc everyone nearby so no help there), the total hp regeneration from a 40 vit class wearing the creator’s ring is 12,005 hp/sec. just to make the wearer’s hp go down at all you’d have to inflict more damage than that in a single second. to actually die you’d have to take enough damage to overcome that 12,005 hp/sec long enough to lose 100,000 hp. a quick estimate of the amount of bullets in the twilight archmage’s quadruple explosions says that he does around 11,000 damage per explosion. so not only would your hp not go down from him either, tanking all 4 wouldn’t kill you even without the vit.

tl;dr creator’s ring has so much vit you can’t really die without sick and the twilight archmage doesn’t inflict sick.

He had both birds activated for that extra oomph.

Nah let’s just all face it, Piggby sucks. :stuck_out_tongue:

how tf did he die then?! Is it legitimately even possible to die with one?

well since many of the people using them are the ones actually making stuff to be tested, all they’d need to do is add some “enemy” that looks like this:

<Object type="0xffff" id="op af lmao">
	<Enemy/>
	<Class>Character</Class>
	<Texture><File>someSheet</File><Index>0x00</Index></Texture>
	<Size>120</Size>
	<MaxHitPoints>10000000</MaxHitPoints>
	<Defense>0</Defense>
	<Exp>0</Exp>
	<Projectile id="0">
		<ObjectId>owie</ObjectId>
		<Damage>10000000</Damage>
		<Speed>100</Speed>
		<LifetimeMS>2500</LifetimeMS>
		<Size>160</Size>
		<MultiHit/>
		<ArmorPiercing/>
	</Projectile>
	<Behavior>Shoot</Behavior>
</Object>

and then walk into the 10 million damage shot it spits out.

as for serious content for prod, you’d have to actually be trying to get yourself killed in order to die, and even then sick might be needed.

I died while equiping a creator’s ring. But that was because I was sick, and that’s probably also how piggby died.

oops 1 month bump