Differences between ppe and npe

I just wanna know the differences betweeen ppe and npe

In a nutshell, PPE is with a pet, NPE is without a pet, all the other rules are the same.

Technically, an NPE is still an NPE if it hatches/grows its own pet. New players can do that, after all; thus, NPE.

A PPE is an NPE, except you use whatever established pet you already have.

Soā€¦ an NPE can trade, while PPEā€™s canā€™t, right?

No, an npe cant change his name. This makes him unable to teleport, and trade

NPE = no pet, no trading, no items from vault etc
PPE = NPE + Pet

On one of them itā€™s really easy to tell if you cheated, the other one is basically normal play

Additionally, some players choose to do the old style NPE where you donā€™t hatch any eggs, just like before pets were introduced, adding another layer of difficulty.

Npeā€™s can definetely have a name and tp

Yes, I believe @Ivisumoni is referring to a NAE= new account experience

I donā€™t think anybody has written out the abbreviations yet so:

(N)ew Ā§layer (E)xperience = NPE

and

Ā§et Ā§layer (E)xperience = PPE

But in terms of definitive rules, thatā€™s up for interpretation.

Evil mentioned that some NPEs canā€™t have pets even if they find/hatch them on that character. Trading is another things Iā€™ve questioned before; if youā€™re going to take on the ā€œnew player experienceā€, wouldnā€™t new players be able to trade? Or is there something unfair about an experienced player who already knows a lot about the aspects of trading such as economy, prices and using RealmEye/trading servers?

ppe: poor player experience
npe: noob player experience
sort of the same

I always thought of ā€˜ppeā€™ as pet-player experience and ā€˜npeā€™ as no pet experience, which in my opinion makes way more sense than pro player experience and new player experience

Way way back, Wildshadow defined NPE as New Player Experience, or basically a new account. For those with existing account it would be starting a character and self potting / self equiping as well as creating a new pet from scratch if needed.

Once pets became a thing PPE gradually became to be know as NPE + your regular pet. Still self potting and self equiping.

The only problem with NPEā€™s these days is that unnamed accounts canā€™t get soulbound loot. Because of this, the old version of NPE where you donā€™t pick a name (which means you canā€™t cheat half as easily) is obsolete.

there is none. Theyā€™re all the same idiets.

Yeah i might have gotten them mixed up. Before pets existed people used to play npe this way.

One for the history buffs:

An early, and short-lived, use of ā€œPPEā€ was from the time of the crescendo of P2W furore and ā€œFuck Kabamā€ spam on the old forums, (items/tops in nexus, first time that package/deals window started to appear upon login) when forumers jokingly riffed on the existing NPE concept, saying that New Player Experience would become replaced by Paying Player Experience, referencing the thought of new players no longer starting with nothing, but gearing up via gold before they had even any proper concept of the game.

ā€œPPEā€ in this usage being for some another way for conservative/reactionary Rotmgers to throw scorn on Kabamā€™s changes, for some a way to insult the new influx of players, and for some just a forum joke. It was never really a very widely known/done thing, since the % of players using the forums was never as high as most forumers themselves often thought, but it did serve as getting the idea of the letters ā€œPPEā€ has ā€œsome meaningā€ out there in those fast-moving revolutionary times for Rotmg.

Then with functional pets appearing, the thought of doing an NPE-style back to 0 character, but on easy mode with your existing Pet became a popular concept, and ā€œPPEā€ was kind of back-converted to ā€œit always meant Pet+Player Experienceā€, when the history is a little more nuanced.

PPE= Pet Player Experience. Pro Player Experience
NPE= No Pet Experience. New Player Experience.
You have to use items you find yourself
And pots you get yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.