Dirk of Cronus [rework idea]

Dirk of Cronus, in it’s current stage, has quite a couple of problems that have been largely pointed out. Before the update, Dirk of Cronus was simply a event white that was generally considered to be a weaker version of etherite due to the massive dps difference over such a small range difference.
However, recently, Dirk of Cronus was buffed. However, from this buff, a entirely new problem has arisen. At the moment, if you compare a Dirk of Cronus to a Etherite, you will find that they do extremely close to the same amount of dps. If you compare ranges, you will find that they are also pretty close together. The current problem is that Dirk of Cronus and Etherite serve the exact same purpose and because of it, they are basically the same thing which kind of just ruins the point of event whites being unique.

Suggestion for Edit to Dirk (You may reconize the dagger)

Dirk of Cronus
Description: This legendary dagger was commissioned by a band of mad rogues to prove the worth of the dirk.

Tier: UT
Shots: 2
Damage: 60-120 (average: 90)
Projectile Speed: 14 tiles/second
Lifetime: 400 milliseconds
Firing Rate: 120%
Range: 5.6 tiles
Amplitude: 1.5
Frequency: 0.5
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 1000

So the untradable event white becomes a dagger version of the Staff of Esben while the tradable ST dagger stays as good.

Sorry but that just doesn’t make sense to me.

? It has amplitude 1 and isn’t that hard to aim. It has 5.6 range, same as that of foul and still manages to out damage etherite to 38 ish defense. If you can use it, this things is better then a etherite if you can’t get close (assasin/trickster)

tbh i think this is a decent Idea but it will change the whole Cdirk itself sooo :confused:

Was the update pushed or should this be in public testing category @Leohe?

Edit: ight

But cdirk atm is literally a etherite. I was talking with one of my friends recently and we were talking about how spirit dagger, dirk of cronus, and etherite are basically all the same.

@Shatter ? Not sure what your question is asking. It doesn’t belong in public testing. I was just suggesting a new idea.

If you don’t see how having shots that curve outwards makes your weapon awkward to use, try using Esben in Tombs and see how often Jackals and Scarabs manage to avoid your shots by running straight towards you.

Whats the current testing stats?

Cdirk is fine as it is right now. Etherite has a lower range, and just barely higher dps.

First of all, Esben has more amplitude. Second of all, although there are times when it’s massive amplitude has disadvantages, there are also times where you can take advantage of it. For example, Shatters. Also, it obviously isn’t the best to use in every situation but it still has it’s advantages. Finally, I feel like a dagger class can actually not be caught by the same problem that robe classes are caught by due to their faster movement. However, I could be entirely wrong.

Since im not good enough to get cronus, i dont have it
BUT trust me,
THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I’m not saying it needs a buff. I’m saying that it is simply too similar to etherite so it needs a change, not a buff

@XxryanxX I don’t mean damage wise. I mean purpose wise. You would use them in the same situation. However, spirit dagger is slightly unique due to it’s massive damage range. Dirk of Cronus and etherite, on the other hand, are used for the same purpose.

I use spirit dagger for gland farming,
Foul for dangerous fights (Temple last phase) (O2)
Etherine for chest/stationary and not dangerous enemies

well If i get cronus ill use it to show off :space_invader:

Hey, it’s actually pretty good now. But it’s very similar to etherite

If you have etherine : oh well he merched off to get it

If you have Cronus : oh damn.

Maybe the CDirk is fine the way it is and doesn’t need a buff or a change at all…

This might sound crazy, but maybe, just maybe, the etherite wasn’t such a good idea, and should be nerfed.

Not really. Cronus is more like he’s lucky. Etherite means he’s rich

They are still going to be very similar. However, the entire ST rouge set does need a change

hey actually I agree to that

Look at the shot pattern you made for Cdirk again. There are a lot of enemies that could fit in-between those two shots.

Try actually doing that in a Shatts. Positioning yourself correctly to hit an enemy behind corners and then hitting it with a weak weapon is a giant waste of time.

Esben is one of the least used Staves in the entire game (not taking vanities into account). It’s fine for a common dungeon white, but it would be infuriating to have an event white be the same way.

I don’t see how having faster movement helps in this situation, especially when coupled with a range decrease.

I agree Etherite, Cdirk and Spirit are all fairly redundant at the moment, but I don’t think making Cdirk bad is the best solution.