Dirk of Cronus [rework idea]

If you don’t you’re straight out strange

Dagger: OP as fuck
Cloak: Nerfed common white
Hide: HAHAHAHA
Ring: To feed or to place on me level 1

nerf dagger and buff hide and ring
most of the ST rings are trash

I don’t like how you constantly compare this to esben. Esben is pretty much worthless weapon, but not due to it’s amplitude. Esben’s weakness mainly comes from it’s lack of damage. Allowing for a lot of enemies to fit through the crack is not a weakness. Otherwise, the sword of the colussus would be next to useless due to it’s massive amplitude.
If you want to talk about advantages, it can hit higher then foul up to eightsome defense at the same range

speaking of Esben staff,
when my mystic was alive,
I got esben staff - ST orb - Candy ring
and just went faster than the bullet so when I stopped it was just like XD
also esben staff is really good on clearing small eggs in Cdepths
since is f***ing PIERCES

Ehh… I put mine on a wizard that died eping esben so…

It lacks damage because it pierces. Give it a pattern that doesn’t make everything impossible to hit and it becomes a decent swap-out.

The less range you have, the less effect amplitude has.

The tankier you are, the less you care about having to sit on enemies to damage them.

… which is only going to be useful if you have a permapara+permaogmur boss sitting in front of you.

Perma ogmur? How does ogmur help? Also, there are two positions you can land both shots. If they are right in front of you, OR if they are at the full 5.6 range. Because you are playing a high speed high firing rate class, it shoudl be relatively easy to adjust to make sure they stay at the full 5.6 range. As for perma ogmur, how many things have above 80 defense?
Also you want to do a range comparison between sword of the colssus and my suggested edit to dirk of Cronus range. Colussus has 4.5 and my suggested edit has 5.6. However, note you can’t really compare my weapon to a staff of esben because esben has 7.2 tiles of range along with a 1.35 amplitude.
As for esben, it could become a half decent swap out if it had a better shot pattern. However, I have a decent pet and used to play staff of esben while sitting on gods and I still ended up decided that it sucks some serioud balls

The only reason I don’t like the current situation between the two in testing, is that the etherite dagger is tradeable.
If that wasn’t the case, I’d say cdirk fills a slightly different niche, the same way people don’t talk about the spirit dagger that much.
I think they are balanced in terms of power.

However, because etherite is tradeable, it completely outcompetes cdirk in usage, as etherite is a LOT easier to obtain than cdirk.
This reduces cdirk to the state it has been in a while; vanity item with some strength.

Wait, so “eightsome” means eighty? I didn’t know that.

Try always staying at the same range away from an enemy when said enemy is moving. It’s a pain in the ass.

That isn’t disproving anything I’ve said.

… and if it had a better shot pattern you wouldn’t be required to sit on enemies and take massive damage every time you want to use it. What are you trying to say here?

Problem with just completely nerfing etherite is that a lot of people, including me(at some point), have decided to invest in etherites a long time back (I had like 50). A maor change to etherite will change the market entirely. However, I think etherite should be changed

Could you elaborate here? I didn’t quite grasp the abrupt feeling that erupted into you the moment that you stopped moving.

I personally think the dirk is fine as it is with this change. While it still is similar to etherite, it does seem to be a safer, higher-def alternative with a focus on ability usage.

If any more changes should be made, I would actually think they should be in the opposite direction from your suggestion. Cdirk was (historically) the heaviest hitting dagger, so it would be most sensible for it to retain this property. Perhaps if the cdirk was modified into the ancient stone sword of daggers, there would be a much clearer line between cdirk and etherite.

I could see the spirit dagger being modified to have your suggestions, but as said by RMGnoob, the amplitude is a major handicap. The one situation where people say the amplitude is beneficial is in a shatters. But, because a dagger class doesn’t have the range of a staff class, the user would be put in great danger to do 50% damage, and would most likely aggro the enemies anyway. If you want to have more shots on a dagger, I think modifying the angle would be more effective than changing the amplitude.

If that’s not a weakness then how does the sword of the colossus not pass as extremely over powered, or even the #1 choice for a sword?

I would agree if the etherite didn’t still do more dps at 200 def and dagger classes had a wis mod. With neither being the case, I’d say the only advantage to using the cdirk is .5 range, which still isn’t enough to make me, and a lot of others, consider it better than an extra 300 dps.

So basically, the item is OP as hell, which you acknowledge

It is literally an event white

And the only reason that the cdirk, an event white that is supposed to be highly sought after and OP compared to other daggers, should be changed entirely down to its very core concept, instead of the etherite, is because people are greedy and want to feel e-rich and have all the e-points.

Buff cdirk is a joke, and a bad one at that. The cdirk was never the item that had a problem, and the only reason this “issue” ever came to exist is because Kabam wanted to milk more money out of Realm.

I was talking about the proposed changes to the cdirk rather than the cdirk in the current game.

[This sentence is wrong, based on incorrect numbers] Based on a maxed rogue with no equipment, the new cdirk starts to outdamage etherite at about 35 defense.

As was I.

And how do you get this? I put the proposed cdirk change into the dps calculator the day they proposed the change and the cdirk never outdamaged the etherite.

The cdirk change I saw was 90% firerate, 130-240 damage, and 6 wis.

Found from a link posted by official deca: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/7yy1qj/public_testing_is_coming/

The link being: https://www.realmeye.com/forum/t/official-thread-polish-and-balancing/25881|

Please note that the gear I added did not change the amount of enemies the etherite outdamages the cdirk by. You can test this yourself.

It’s 110 defense, are you sure you plugged in the numbers right? I got this.

Pink being new CDirk, black being the old one. Green is Etherite.

I just realized I had played around with the values (set damage range from 220-240 and RoF to 75%). Sorry about that. But I got around 100 defense that the cdirk starts to do more dmg (once again, based on a rogue with no equips).

Mine is at 110 def also I just said 200 off of poor memory and I also knew it was high enough that only 1 or 2 enemies could exceed it.

You’re right
Cdirk is clearly inferior and needs a buff

Why nerf the fame bonus :thinking:

Maybe it could shoot two shots towards a single point, like they converge

similar to a > sign, they start a little farther apart from each other (like on opposite sides of the rogue) and converge into a single point.