Disconnect on boss kill at Spider Den & Abyss

Every single time I can recall I’ve tried the spider den, I’ve disconnected when or very soon after the boss is killed, leaving me no time to pick up any loot, or if I’m lucky and manage to get to any loot, no time to officially exit the dungeon. This happens regardless of whether I rushed or cleared the dungeon, so I don’t imagine lag from the excessive amount of spiders would be the issue.

Disconnecting mid-dungeon doesn’t happen anywhere near as often as during or after the boss battle.

Recently I finished my first abyss (super exciting!) and was disappointed to find the exact same thing happen when the boss was killed there. I didn’t have much of an issue with the spider den disconnect, but I certainly take issue if I can’t go through such an integral part to the RotMG experience as the abyss. :confused:

I haven’t run another abyss since then, but I think now is as good a time as any to search for an answer.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Does anyone have any suggestions of how I could fix it?

That sucks since you can’t do abysses. If it happened multiple times it’s probably not your server/cilent side that’s lagging and disconnecting you but probably to double check try different server and it you still DC then it’s your computer and if that’s the case you will probably need to upgrade the graphics card or get a new computer to play

What could possibly be graphics/resource intensive about a boss death though? I don’t imagine there’s anything special about the resources needed for a boss death relative to the rest of the entire game?

Nope

What platform do you play on? ie browser, steam…

I play through browser (Chrome) on Linux.

does it have frequent disconnects? usually chrome isn’t the best browser, try firefox or something

Not very frequent disconnects no, whenever it does disconnect it’s usually because of a bad internet connection, whereas the regularity and predictability of the boss death disconnect indicates something asides from internet connection. I’ll try Firefox though, thanks for the suggestion.

Try shifting to Flash projector 18 or below. Best bet to reduce any client side issues with the game.

Lots of pixels spray out so that’s why I suggested that but yeah it’s possible it’s something else

What are you losing lol

Back when I used to play on Chrome, I could never do the Crawling Depths boss because I would always get disconnected. I think Chrome may be your problem.

The web lags like an urgle’s beams. this was part of my “don’t do this on chrome” list. Never had a problem with abysses even on a chrome book.

Yeah urgles, spider dens, crawling depths, sentinel bridge area and many more things cause way too much lag on chrome. I couldn’t even sell stuff in USWest. I also never had a problem with abysses. OP says that they only ran 1 abyss. So maybe they should try running more to see if it happens again.

I DC at almost all events, sprite worlds (sometimes) and Spider dens its annoying But I learn to deal with it

Playing on chrome is terrible. You should definitely start using Adobe flash projector. Here’s a link that explains everything. https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/using-the-adobe-flash-projector

I have this problem too, occuring when I take frequent and consistent shot collision, causing black tiling or disconnecting in the more intensive situations. (Urgle beams, Crawling Depths webs, Thessal, Cube Gods, Skull Shrines, Lord of the Lost Lands crystals phase, enemy-dense Shatters areas)

I play on a Macbook Air, and have similar or other issues (like input lag) on Flash Player and other browsers only after I upgraded from an older OS to macOS Sierra.

I normally don’t get input lag and I’m on MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra, and I find that playing on non-Chrome browsers doesn’t rid you of black tile lag, which should happen on all ways of playing because it’s the internet???

Am I missing something when people say that non-Chrome apps lessen lag?

yeah same and everyone would say i hack when i complained about lag in there which i dont even understand but i dont lag anymore

I used to lag hard on the Spider Den boss, and would DC almost every time (either during the fight or shortly after) but once I changed from Chrome to IE it stopped.
i also tweaked all the options that reduce lag too.