Discord issues

I literally cannot unmute myself.
I have restarted my comp multiple times, I have clicked on the mute button thingy, I’ve tried right clicking my icon and unmuting, nothing’s worked so far.

Requesting assistance.

Reinstall?

Mayb u don’t have perms to be unmuted

When I have this problem, I find that closing and then opening the website back on helps solve the issue

I think someone with a rank (or the creator of the server) forcibly muted you

basically what danmoney said

Troubleshoot Discord…
Maybe it’s the server rules?
If not you gotta reinstall

For those saying that I am servermuted:
No, I am not servermuted. Even when I leave the server and head to my own server, I am still muted. (Clicking on the unmute there doesn’t do anything either.)

I am using the website because I cannot download the app. I am using a workaround.

Restarting my computer does not affect mic status for me. Refreshing has no effect either.

I couldn’t install the app for a while too, and I got the same muting issue that you have. I looked on YouTube for the solution to installing the app and this video showed me how to do it. I don’t have the link but search something like, “discord won’t install fix”. This worked for me and when I switched from website to the app I never had the muting issue again.

I believe the issue you’re having is that your settings on Browser don’t allow the Mic and Camera to be used. You have to allow them for Discord via Options of the browser, not Discord, to allow it to work. You can tell it does work when there’s a red circle on your tab. (This will generate a little bit of lag for the Browser, but it will otherwise be just the same, except you’re allowed to use your Mic/Camera.)

Hope that helps!

I was literally using the wrong mic (laptop mic instead of external mic).
thx

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.