Discord protocol questions for advertising

So, I’m finally at a point where my Discord server is stable enough for me to be comfortable with players from outside of these forums to join. My trouble is, I’m very unsure of where to advertise.

I made a false assumption with putting it in the # guild-recruitment channel in the Realm of the Mad God Discord apparently, because several minutes later, it was deleted by the not with a warning for “not being a true guild.” I suppose that makes sense, but where else would I go?

I inputted this question on the # rotmg-help, but I got referred to either Reddit or the server with Discord runs already heavily established (the requirement for submitting a request is to already have over 1,000 players in your server…), and the RotMG Ideas Discord only appears to do sponsored events.

I know some of you on these forums are not only far more experienced in this arena, but I believe a couple of you manage some of those aforementioned Discords. Any help from anyone would be largely appreciated! :sweat_smile:

The people in #rotmg-help aren’t too far off – Reddit is filled with bored players constantly looking for new content/challenges.

Oof. I’ll keep that in mind as a resort for if the situation looks bleak. The key word is “bored players” here. The RotMG Reddit looks like a heck of a place. I’ll hear what others here have to say first.

Off-topic but I just realized that you’re a leader OwO

Yeah, I’ve not been trying to flaunt it around, but some people have noticed :3 - Book

Try
applying in

or

I’ll take a moment to look at them when I’ve got a moment. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.