Divine Dragon [ST Archer Set]

Divine Dragon Set

Qiellor, the Divine

Flare of the Celestials

An unearthly fusion of Fire and Crystal, burning and crystallizing any unrighteous mortal who attemts to wield it.

Tier: ST
Shots: 3 (Arc Gap: 8o)
Damage: 72-96 (Average: 84 / Total: 252)
Projectile Speed: 4 Tile(s)/second
Lifetime: 1400 Milliseconds
Range: 5.6 Tile(s)
Amplitude: 0.8 Tile(s)
Frequency: 0.8 Cycle(s)/shot
Rate of Fire: 88%
Stat Bonuses: -25 MP, -2 Speed
Fame Bonus: 7%
Feed Power: 1,100

Lootbag: ThON0a5
Drops From: N/A

Additional Information
Since the bow doesn’t pierce it would be thought that it’s only good one single enemies. However, due to the multiple shots and the amplitude it could be used for crowd control quite well.
It is beaten in terms of DPS by the Bow of the Void against enemies with 25 defense or higher, but due to no piercing it may not be favoured in that many situations.
It’s best used in unison with the rest of the ST set to balance it out.

When the entire set is worn the projectile sprite changes to:

Draconic Spirit

Granted to the most selfless of souls, it grants strength at times of weakness.

While Key Held:

• MP Cost: 20 MP/second
  • Effect on Self: image Dazed, image Suppressed

When Key Released:

• MP Cost: 75
  • Damage: 2475-2675 -(MP remaining*8 if MP Remaining < 300 MP (if MP Remaining > 300 the cap will be registered))
  • Projectile Speed: 10 Tile(s)/second
  • Lifetime: 720 Milliseconds
  • Range: 7.2 Tile(s)
  • Radius: 1.6 Square(s) +(MP Remaining/120)
  • Special Properties: DEF_ignore Ignores defense of target
  • Effect on Self: image Stunned for 2 seconds
  • Cooldown: 16 seconds -(MP Remaining/25)

Stat Bonus: +80 MP, +4 Wisdom
Fame Bonus: 7%
Feed Power: 1,600

Drops From: Nikao the Azure Dragon

Additional Information

This Quiver instead of shooting a direct projectile, spawns an entity which explodes into an AoE upon the end of it’s lifetime.
The held effect allows the user to drain their own MP in order to achieve the highest damage possibly with the quiver.
This is because the quiver does more damage in a smaller area if the MP is low. Furthermore the cooldown increases as the damage does.

The way to best utilize this item is to know how much damage you want to do, know the consequences of the cooldown, the area of effect and the range that you are from the enemy.

In Depth Explanation

Pressing your ability key will spawn an entity that travels towards the direction of your cursor when key pressed. (Travels in a stright line, does not follow cursor)

It explodes once it reaches 7.2 range, thos cannot be altered unless the projectile hits an impenetrable wall - then it will become stationary and explode once the lifetime is reached.

Some of the stats are effected by the amount of MP remaining, such as the damage, damage radius and the cooldown.

If you have high MP Remaining:

• You will have low output damage
  • The cooldown duration will be short
  • The AoE will be bigger

If you have low MP Remaining:

• You will have high output damage
  • The cooldown duration will be long
  • The AoE will be smaller

The highest possibly damage can only be done on exactly 75 MP and this is how it would work in the formula:

• 2475-2675 -(MP remaining*8).
  • If MP Remaining = 75 = 2475-2675 -(0*8) = 2475-2675, since it is calculating the amount of MP remaining after use.
  • The formula is really calculating MP Remaining after use, so the equation is x-75.
  • If your MP is < 375 it will work it out from the interger your MP was at -75, however it caps at 300 so your damage does not become negative.
  • Your cooldown will then be 16 (the full amount, since nothing is deducted.
  • The AoE will equal 3.2 Squares in diameter.

Hide of Crystalline Scales

A dense armor embedded with tens of thousands of small crystals shed from the skin of a great dragon.

Stat Bonuses: +12 Defense, +120 HP, +2 Wisdom, -55 MP, -4 Speed
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 800

Drops From: N/A

Celestial Gemstone

An earring carved out of a gemstone fabled to have fell from the Moon. It took centuries to stabilize its power.

Stat Bonuses: +80 HP, +5 Dexterity, +5 Defense, +5 Wisdom, -25 MP, -4 Speed
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 800

Drops From: Crystal Prisoner

Set Bonuses: +15 Defense, +75 HP, +8 Dexterity, -40 MP, -4 Speed

Overall Stat Bonuses: +195 HP, +27 Defense, +15 Dexterity, -65 MP, -14 Speed

Set Skin

Frames

Side
imageimageimageimageimage

Front

Back

Dye Masks

Front

Side

Back

Examples of Dyes being used on the ST Skin:

Changelog:

• 03/11/2018, 01:01am GMT: Added back frames and animation. Added dye masks and representation of how dyes could work. Added status effect: image Suppressed (Stops mana from regenerating for a set period, includes consumables and Magic Heal)

Thank you for reading this, I worked very hard on it and have been balancing, spriting and coming up with concepts for 3 days now. A lot of effort has gone into it so feedback and questions would be greatly appreciated.

And a great thank you to @Campfires, @Lessking and @Literature for support and helping me balance out the idea. :heart:

Very nice and rounded idea. This has a very interesting and ambitious take on the “charging” type weapons, maybe adding something to prevent you from being mhealed while charging would be nice or pollen powders would become the no1 enemy of this set lol. I love the sprites, especially the quiver.

This is beautiful, also where do u make ur sprites?

A mobile app on iPhone called:

Ah, thank you for highlighting this. Once I’ve finished the back animations, I’ll make the status effect and an icon for it and then update the post.

The main thoughts behind the charge is cncentratig the attack, and the quiver if used without the rest of the set makes it take longer for you to reach that damage. As far as I know there’re no exploits (besides the ones you highlighted which will be fixed).

Thank you for the feedback :smile:

If I could look like that dragon I’d do anything to get my hands on those items. :heart:️
Gorgeous sprites

I was right :laughing:

Thank you :smile::heart:

Amazing concept, fantastic sprites, well balanced. One of the (if not the) best suggestion for an ST Set I’ve seen on this site. I feel perhaps the Rock Dragon could also drop a piece (the armor probably since it makes it worthwhile fighting the Rock Dragon). But regardless, it’s awesome.

Dang, really like those sprites and that bow asjhdfagshdfhas
that boss looks really cool although the head looks kinda weird for me >3>
But other than that pretty awesome
You earned a Diamond Glawi coin (which funny enough goes perfectly with the color scheme of the set hehe x3) I want this naow!!

16x16 Sprite seems overshaded
Like a reverse Shando

I really like this, and it seems pretty unique.
Also, your set skin looks awesome, and so is the idea.
Personally I like the Flare of the Celestials the most.
Great idea!

I don’t know what a shando is.
Anyway, the only way I could make it as detailed as it is in 16x16 was to shade it the way I did otherwise it would look bland.

Take this for example, yes it’s simple but if I followed a similar shading style it wouldn’t really have the same look as I’m trying to get.

Anyway yeah, thank you for the feedback. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t5:

Thanks you man! :smile::heart:

(It’s the Skin that you get from wearing the entire set) :laughing:

Hehehe, yay :laughing:

That and the skin is what I spent the most time spriting, so I’m extremely pleased that you approve. :smile::heart:

Added the status effect to the quiver now, +frames and dye masks :+1:t5:

Shando is the brown dragon @Sturky made

Truly god’s work. Checkmate Atheists.

You mean gold?

I thought it was supposed to be light brown, however I can see how it would be gold

sprites are absolutely amazing! and the skin looks like a whitebag dragon