Do I have to run Snake Pit and Spirit World over and over again?

Hey, I keep dying. Making new char and running SP and SW over and over again, until i have spd and dex maxed. I’ve been there like 100 times in each. But then i die accidentally and have to start over. I can’t bare these dungeons anymore. I’m yellow star and people ask me if I’m doing PPE, but it seems like I’m just bad. As far as I’m dying on these early stages I don’t have any goods in my vault for future chars. I’m I missing something? Is there other way to play this game properly w/o paying gold and trading? Should I don’t care about spd and dex, but improve stats evenly running higher lvl dungeons?

Personally, as long as you can make use of a decently maxed stat character, in this case in spd and dex, to learn other dungeons to be comfortable to run them on un-maxed, then you’re doing great in my book.

But if you really can’t stand to run anymore sprites or snakes without doing something else in between then you’re always free to maybe try and run other dungeons such as libs, sews, etc. un-maxed for as long as you think that the person or group heading in can help you to learn and survive in the dungeon; worst case scenario, you lose a 0 almost 2/8 character with some gear saved up, trying to learn the dungeon.

And while the thought of dying is not ideal, especially when you’re living off of the things you pick up, the experience you gain may help you out a lot more in the long term than some saved pots or gear.

Apparently, you are missing somefing.

First of all, figure out how you died.

Second, make sure you have more than 1 character slot. You can get them without throwing ya dollars. If that can’t be done, make an alt account as a farming account.

You can get other stat pots without trading in Speed and Dex. Wis, Vit… all can be farmed.

Get a good pet as well, for Rare, aim for 300+ FP per item. Can also used on Legendary if you are in budget.

Dying is part of the game, you should learn from every death and try to improve and avoid those deaths in the future.

I see you only have 1 character slot, which probably means you also don’t have a lot of vault space. Realm is a free game, but having a few extra character slots and some more vault space helps a ton. I wasn’t able to progress a lot with only 1 character slot, but with a few more you can have back-up characters and you’ll have more space to store items, such as potions and back-up gear.

If you’re into this game and want to play more, you could look into the login calendar and try to get those vault coupons, character coupons or get a special pack that includes vault expansions and character slots.

Also, if you can store some life or GLife potions you can trade those for other potions, this way you don’t have to run as many dungeons. (You do need some vault space for this of course)

Goodluck!

Easy way to learn how to survive would be to make a lvl 20 trickster and get your pet to at least 50/50 heal/mheal. Then just enter a somewhat populated realm and hop into dungeons with people. Make sure it isn’t a really populated realm so you can actually get the patterns of the enemies. While your doing this you will get more experience and receive extra pots if you survive.

I chose trickster because at lvl 20 it has about 40 speed which means you won’t need to max much to be fast and the teleport ability can be useful for getting out of bad situations.

The best way to farm dex and spd is using a para scepter, absolutely melts the boss

I think this is not emphasized enough in this thread. For me when I was new and dying (more) often, I found it more useful to have a farming character learn gods and dungeons and save any potions to go to main character, which would not be used until at least def maxed. OP seems to invest a lot into getting spd and dex maxed, but because survivability is not so good, lose the characters way too quickly and lost the investment in it. If def is maxed, survivability goes way up (unless you are being reckless) to play safe even for mid level content.

Trying playing safer

Yes.

Aside from what others have said, you could also try to put more focus on doing dungeons that grant more survivability-oriented potions. Calling them out in a somewhat populated server may get you some extra people to complete it with, which drastically increases your chances of success - don’t forget that dungeon bosses will always reward 2 players at minimum with a potion!

Alternatively, try switching up your ring choice a bit! Experiment with carrying around a defense/vitality ring, swapping between them when you need to heal up. You may find yourself better off with them than before .w.

Star of Enlightenment Berserk + Void Blade for solo ( sadly vblade is nerfed ), leucoryx tome is actually pretty good though, better than parasite scepter imo.

for someone that dies a lot, they might not have leuc tome :wink:

same thing with para scepta

Map Reading Guides ( Sprite World & Snake Pit ) Finished - The Academy / Guides - Forum | RealmEye.com
You can also use this

I’m not going going to say “learn from your mistakes” because that advice has barely helped me on my time playing RotMG and I doubt it will help you.

I have payed a total of 5, maybe 10 dollars of money in my 4-5 years of playing the game on and off. I have amassed a large amount of UTs and have ~5 8/8s. My most prized characters I barely play on and just use them as a flex.

I know this is overused, but you have to establish a main character you wanna max stats/gear and make 1 or maybe even more throwaway characters. And once you have a maxed main character… just don’t use it for endgame dungeons. Use it for casual gameplay. Just use a throwaway character for endgame. Say for running O3s, statistically, your main character(s) won’t be the best class for running O3s. I know mine (Ninja) isn’t.

On a side note, money has nothing to do with success in RotMG. You can’t pay to bring back a dead character, nor can you buy a crown with money. You don’t even need to spend money to get another character slot. I seriously don’t get why people say this game is P2W, because fundamentally it’s not.

People gave you plenty of advice, I’m just gonna encourage you to continue. If however, the feeling’s not there, be sure to ask yourself if its still worth playing.

Surely its because of buying pet food, and that pets help a ton?

Pets were nerfed.

They’re still invaluable to a significant enough portion of the player-base, though. I still see people talking about taking care of their pet upgrades, and how they had saved their characters in deadly fights at times. You can’t argue that pets are better than no pets in survivability terms, nerfed or not.

I am also of the opinion that they were side-graded, not completely nerfed (though a change playing tactics was needed), but that’s a separate topic.

if theyre struggling to make it past 2/8 idk if they’d have access to para scepter

This did alter the general opinion, but I’m certain the opinion is still there.

you just put my feelings into words right there