Do partial ST bonuses break the game?

This is my, pretty standard, warrior set:

It’s nothing special, but it is very standard for medium-high level players.
It gives +190 HP, +35 DEF, +0 ATK, +0 DEX

This is the set’s DPS graph:

Not too shabby, right?

If we were to put on a crown to boost the DPS, it would look something like this:

This gives +110 HP, +35 DEF, +6 ATK, +6 DEF

Now, with the partial ST bonuses, there’s a new set that’s running around in the community.
This set gives +120 HP, +39 DEF, +12 ATK, +12 DEX, in terms of defense and offense.
This is NOT ONLY a direct upgrade from the second set, but it ARMOUR PIERCES TOO

This set outdamages the LH top set at all times, at the cost of only .7 tiles. It also has 10 more HP and 4 more DEF than the crown set. I feel like that combination really shouldn’t exist in the game.

What are your thoughts on this set, or other partial ST sets? Are they too OP, or do you like them as they are?

The Achievement Thread

Damn, really need the Mercy’s Bane now.

Seems pretty broken just roll a bunch of mystery boxes and beat LH tops and sum rare whites, needs fix

Tiered items aren’t meant to be the best items that cannot be beaten. UT and ST items are specifically designed to be rarer than just normal tiered items, but also to have unique features that make them worth using.

I get that, but I don’t think they should be able to be OBJECTIVELY BETTER.

Good way for deca to get money cus’ you either need to farm oryx constantly (which there are no keys to get to himso it’s very time consuming) or spend all your money on mystery boxes which still don’t have a guarenteed chance.

litteraly no one :

this guy : NERF ST PARTIAL BONUSES!

They’re not objectively better. You have 70 less HP and .7 less range. You feel that the dmg is worth the trade-off, but other people who are worse at dodging or have a worse pet might not. So it’s not objectively better.

Personally, I’m somewhere on the fence of these ST bonuses.
Exhibit A (this one) shows that they can be pretty powerful when combined…
…but take most of the other combinations/ST items and you’ll see that they’re still not that viable.

I personally think that ST items should capitalize more heavily on their combinatory aspect. This includes adding/transferring stat boosts from the items to set boni, but also spreading the stats more across the different combinations.

For instance, the Dragon Tamer Set could give 5 speed, 5 defense, and 2 attack with two pieces; 3 dexterity, 3 speed, 3 defense, 3 attack, and 25 HP with three pieces; and then 2 speed, 2 defense, and 50 HP with all four pieces equipped.
Of course, this is just a very rough example, and by no means fully thought out, but I still think it’s better than, y’know…getting 1 dexterity bonus for equipping two Phylactery Bearer Set pieces.

True, the set destroys the tiered swords in dps but has much less range. Dblade does even better though. Meaning: 0.7 tiles is not negligible. If 2.5 range is your sweetspot, this is the optimal set. Great. ST’s get more play. Whats wrong with that?

Most of the graph difference is down to the armour piercing. And armour piercing is much less important for melee as they do so much damage per shot normally. You can see this in the graph. Even against the Avatar with 90 def you are doing 80% of damage with Splendor etc. Overcoming armour is not generally a problem for melee. It’s worse for all other weapon types, much worse for staves and tiered bows.

The sword trades armour piercing for range; I would say range is far more useful most of the time.

As for the rest you miss out on the +75 HP for having the fourth item and have a HP penalty compared to normal builds, the most important stat for survivability and not losing that gear. So you trade DPS for survivability, but Warrior is rarely short of DPS.

also worth mentioning that on top of having slightly lower range (which can definitely be felt when you have so little to begin with) the sword has lower shot speed as well, which makes aiming it slightly more difficult. it’s not quite as much of a direct upgrade as you make it out to be, it’s strong but you’re still definitely losing stuff

Oryx’s Greatsword (ST) has 2.8 range.
Sword of Splendor (T13) has 3.5 range.

So it’s not a direct upgrade and it’s not objectively better. I will happily let you have that extra DPS if you’re having to give up 20% of your range to hit anything. See you on the graveyard screen! :upside_down_face:

Honestly though I believe that a jugg will easily allow you to tank the extra shots.

Doesn’t matter; the set is not strictly better than a top set.

Do we get a .5 hp bonus if we only have half of the vanity archer set.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.